PDA

View Full Version : Predator Logo Question

Hunter
08-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me the difference between the early Predator logos? I can find all kinds of info about the later logos, but what is the difference between one with just the 314 and the one with 314 and the cat over the top (but not with a 2). Are these both first generation shafts?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Steve

iusedtoberich
08-11-2008, 09:08 PM
The 314 in block letters and the 314 with the cat are the same. There was no advertised difference between the two. I personally have had about 5 of each and they all were the same to me in play, construction, and appearance. They are both considered 1st generation. The 314^2 is the 2nd generation.

Now, the only exception to this is VERY early predator shafts. Maybe the 1st year of production. The ferrule on these was closer to an inch in length, and I believe some of them had different number of pie laminations, including one design that had no laminations (solid shaft). The design quickly settled on the short ferrule and the 10 piece laminations. You would be very hard pressed to find one of these early shafts. I have one somewhere that I think is the version with laminations and a 1 inch ferrule.