PDA

View Full Version : Syracuse

jamesroberts
08-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Wheres the best places to play in syracuse area preferably with diamond tables

Pushout
08-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Used to be Cap's, also known as The Cue Club of Onondaga. Gold Crowns, I don't remember how many. Dick Cappoto's family has owned it for years and Dick is a good guy. There are now a couple, at least, other places in Syracuse, but I haven't been there in about 12 years or more.
Cap's is at 1895 Teal Avenue, IIRC.

Wybrook
08-11-2008, 08:43 PM
hey James.. Caps is definately the place to play in Syracuse. Its an "old" style pool hall with well kept Gold Crowns and good homemade food. I used to take road trips there all the time from Buffalo and Albany.

Adam W.

jasonlaus
08-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Caps is about it. good tables

cardiac kid
08-12-2008, 08:38 AM
james,

No one in Syracuse has Diamond tables. Cap's Cue Club already mentioned has a couple of GC II's with small and stupidly small pockets. The rest of the tables are bushel baskets. Salt City Billiards in North Syracuse on Route 11 has both GC's and Gandy Big G's. Korky's Billiards just west of Syracuse in Fairmont has some GC III's in good condition. The cloth however is near grass. All three rooms have great pool room food.

If you're trying to practice for the Turning Stone, Hippo's in Utica has Gabriel's. They are virtually identical to Diamond Pro's. They also use the same Artimus rubber bumpers as Diamonds. Good luck!

Lyn

Koop
08-12-2008, 10:22 AM
If you're trying to practice for the Turning Stone, Hippo's in Utica has Gabriel's. They are virtually identical to Diamond Pro's. They also use the same Artimus rubber bumpers as Diamonds. Good luck!

Lyn

Hippo's is a nice place. When I was stationed at Griffiss it's one of the places I learned how to play. They used to have great A,B,C tournaments there too.
There was also a place right in downtown Rome that was nice. Got stomped by a world beater nicknamed Cannonball there a bunch of times :smile:

Pushout
08-12-2008, 03:40 PM
Hippo's is a nice place. When I was stationed at Griffiss it's one of the places I learned how to play. They used to have great A,B,C tournaments there too.
There was also a place right in downtown Rome that was nice. Got stomped by a world beater nicknamed Cannonball there a bunch of times :smile:

Been to Hippo's, which got it's name from the nickname of the senior Conte, can't remember his first name now. Al Conte used to set up tables for all the major tournaments at one time. Al's brother ran Hippo's, if memory serves me, nice guy.

Snorks
08-12-2008, 04:21 PM
I took a lesson with Scott Lee in Syracuse. We went to an old-style hall with an ice-cream store beside it. The owner came in special to let us in early, and stayed late. I'm not sure of the name of the place, but it was fantastic. Unfortunately business was quite slow but I sure hope it picked up.

boradriver
08-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Wheres the best places to play in syracuse area preferably with diamond tables

If your looking for action I think there maybe a few guys in town that may play.:wink: