PDA

View Full Version : veneer color suggestions needed

Cheez Dawg
08-12-2008, 11:58 AM
I need some suggestions on some veneer colors for a cue. Amboyna burl points into a birdseye forearm with pics (if possible).
I figured this would get seen more here than in the ask the cuemaker forum, so that's why I posted here.
Just need to get those creative juices flowing again!:thumbup:
Thanks!

RiverCity
08-12-2008, 09:25 PM
With a brown tone wood as the point, I like traditional colors like (outside-in) black-orange-green-maple then the brown point.
Its all what suits your tastes though.
Chuck

jazznpool
08-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Black, royal purple, light blue, and natural look really good, IMO, whether the amboyna burl is reddish or brownish going into birdseye or hard curl.

Martin

I need some suggestions on some veneer colors for a cue. Amboyna burl points into a birdseye forearm with pics (if possible).
I figured this would get seen more here than in the ask the cuemaker forum, so that's why I posted here.
Thanks!

JMS
08-13-2008, 04:22 AM
fungus green

Snapshot9
08-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Outside in - Royal Purple, Orange, light Blue, Maple.

mullyman
08-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks!

Just my personal opinion but with burl points you may want to keep the veneers simple. Burl is such a beautiful wood that you wouldn't want to take away from the points with really colorful veneers. Like I said, just my personal opinion. The long points in my JMW are amboyna burl so when I ordered it I went with holly and ebony veneers. Simple but elegant.
MULLY

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/fulcher/JMW015.jpg