PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Marcus Chamat and Jasmin Ouschan, European 8-ball Champions

Roy Steffensen
08-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Congratulations to Marcus Chamat and Jasmin Ouschan for winning the European 8-ball Championship.

Marcus beat Oliver Ortmann in the quarterfinal, before destroy Thorsten Hohmann 8-1 in the semifinal. His opponent in the final I have never heard of before, but Marcus beat him 8-3.

Thought it could be worth mentioning, because not long ago someone on here were asking about Marcus Chamat, and if he didn't play anymore... Well, he still plays superb.

Also congratulations to Jasmin Ouschan. My two favourite female players met in the final, but Line Kjorsvik failed to win this final. Line has won the last 3 times they have met in the European Championships, but Jasmin's break and pocketing skills were too much to handle for her today.

It was Line's third consecutive final in the European Championships, and she's lost all three of them. (lost 7-6 in 9-ball 2007 to Eylul Kibaroglu, lost 75-64 in 14-1 2008 to Charlotte Sorensen, lost 7-2 to Jasmin Ouschan in 8-ball 2008).

Line managed however to win the 9-ball in 2006, and if she makes it to the final of the 9-ball divison this year she will have played 3 consecutive 9-ball finals in the European Championships during last 3 years, and 4 consecutive finals in total.

onepocket1
08-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Marcus is one of the good guys iin pool.
Congratulations to him on his win. :thumbup:
Ken

maldito
08-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Also congratulations to Jasmin Ouschan. My two favourite female players met in the final, but Line Kjorsvik failed to win this final. Line has won the last 3 times they have met in the European Championships, but Jasmin's break and pocketing skills were too much to handle for her today.

When Jazz is on ,look out ,in my opionion she is best female player on planet, but at times she will miss shots, as for Line I think she should have incorporated some defense in her 8 ball game - in game 2 Jazz had 2 colors up, while Line I believe had at least 6 colors and she went for a tough cross table cut - missed and that was it - but the odds favor the player with the most colors up in 8 ball - and Line being a skilled 9 ball player is no stranger to playing safe. Better to tie at 1 - 1 than 2- 0 in the beginning of a final match.

jay helfert
08-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Marcus has always been one of my favorite players. This little guy would get in the box with some damn good players, even when he was a kid. He was fearless then, just like he is now. In case you didn't know, he may be the best money player in all of Europe. He must have some filipino blood in him somewhere. I think he married a filipino girl too. Way to go Marcus! You da man! :thumbup:

As far as Jasmin is concerned, I don't quite know why she isn't winning some of the WPBA events. I LOVE her game! She can really play! Maybe the travel affects her. I do think there is an advantage to living here.