PDA

View Full Version : Niels Feijen gambling in the states now, waiting for ICOC to start

Roy Steffensen
08-12-2008, 02:34 PM
He's not actually on the road. He arrived yesterday, and is gambling in some poolrooms while waiting for the International Challenge of Champions to start.

This is his report from day 1. If anyone have the chance to watch his one-pocket action later, please let us know your opinion of his one-pocket play...

Howdie,

Still in New Haven. Played Jeremy from Poolroom US 1 here this evening. Good player, had to give him 2 games to 11 in 9ball for $200 a set. Ran 6 racks in the first set and won it 11-4. He wanted to change it to rack the 9 on the spot so we did that.

He recovered well and I was feeling the jetlag which worried me a little. Lost that set 6-11. Decided to hang in there but fell behind 2-5 in the third. Came back strong and won 11-6 so up 1 set again, was waking up a little and not feeling tired all of a sudden. 22:00 by now so still decided to play one more and call it a night. Fell behind 2-5, 2-7 and 5-9.

Fought hard, caught a gear and still won 11-9 Gonna play one pocket tomorrow in New London with Bobby Hun. Played him last year there also

uwate
08-12-2008, 02:36 PM
thanks for the action report. 6 racks eh? strong!

Roy Steffensen
08-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Yeah, wish I could run 6 racks now and then... Niels Feijen did ran 14 racks in 9-ball once, when warming up before an Eurotour-tournament....

AuntyDan
08-12-2008, 04:52 PM
... Niels Feijen did ran 14 racks in 9-ball once, when warming up....

Man, that's not a warm up, that's an inferno! Best of luck to Niels in the ICOC.

Roy Steffensen
08-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Man, that's not a warm up, that's an inferno! Best of luck to Niels in the ICOC.

Actually I think it happened the evening before the Eurotour :)

Nostroke
08-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Yeah, wish I could run 6 racks now and then... Niels Feijen did ran 14 racks in 9-ball once, when warming up before an Eurotour-tournament....

Wasn't it 15? That's how i recall it and i did speak with him about it.

Roy Steffensen
08-13-2008, 12:18 AM
I just checked his profile on the webpage www.europeanpoolchampionships.com, and it says 15!

Thanks

9balllvr
08-13-2008, 12:26 AM
my guess is that he was playing Jeremy Sossei (last year's Turning Stone 2nd place finisher if I recall correctly) - strong player that kid and sweet to boot! he mentioned Bobby Hun - I think he meant Bobby Hunt, but am surprised that Bobby is playing - when I lived there, didn't see him play much at all. I suppose he finally got a game - enjoy boys! wish I was there to see the match-ups.

Ste
08-13-2008, 03:03 AM
Cheers for the report Roy.
Can you keep the thread running from Niels' blog ?

Ste.