PDA

View Full Version : Which are the strongest poolrooms in the world?

14.1player
08-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Which are the strongest rooms in the world with the best house pros & regulars?

I think this would be a pretty sporty APA team:

Rileys Victoria London, England - Imran Majid, Raj Hundal, Tony Drago, & a few A+ players who you've heard of... :)

This is a pretty tough house tournament!

sjm
08-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Certainly, Capone's in Spring Hill, Florida, merits serious consideration.

Roy Steffensen
08-12-2008, 04:04 PM

Roy Steffensen
08-12-2008, 04:05 PM
I have heard that O'Sullivan has been playing some 9-ball there too, at Rileys Victoria in London. So does former European Champion Rico Diks

14.1player
08-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Oops forgot Rico :)

SirScratchALot
08-12-2008, 04:35 PM
hey guys, dont think ive posted on this site before..so hello to everyone....being a londoner, i gotta agree, rileys victoria is full of some serious talent...drago, imran, raj, rico plus many more tour players....its the club to come to for practice and action :)

back2good1
08-12-2008, 04:59 PM
hey guys, dont think ive posted on this site before..so hello to everyone....being a londoner, i gotta agree, rileys victoria is full of some serious talent...drago, imran, raj, rico plus many more tour players....its the club to come to for practice and action :)

Are there any nice rooms near Brighton? I will be there for a few weeks next month... and cant decide if I am gonna take my cue or not.

Balabushka
08-12-2008, 05:03 PM
I've been to some 'strong' ones lately, but then again odor isn't everything.

bandido
08-12-2008, 05:12 PM
A challenge match should be in order. Riley's vs One-Side.

Roy Steffensen
08-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Are there any nice rooms near Brighton? I will be there for a few weeks next month... and cant decide if I am gonna take my cue or not.

Not bring your cue? I even have my passport in my cuecase... If I am leaving town, I'll bring my cuecase.

Roy Steffensen
08-12-2008, 05:15 PM
A challenge match should be in order. Riley's vs One-Side.

Doh!

I would bet on Rileys.

The only players One Side can come up with are these:

Efren Reyes, Fransisco Bustamante, Joven Bustamante, Roberto Gomez, Lee Van Corteza, Ronato Alcano, Dennis Orcullo, Jharome Pena, Carlo Biado, Alex Pagulayan, Jeffrey De Luna, Gandy Valle and some other c-players...

SirScratchALot
08-12-2008, 05:32 PM

there is pool room in Brighton...its a Rileys, part of a chain that own alot of pool&snooker clubs along the country....ive frequented the club on many occasions altho the most recent was many many years ago.....back then the standard was adequate....if ure looking to just hit a few balls round and have a beer, then the place should suffice...or if ure looking to play some snooker you'll have fun......but if its serious action your after, my best bet is to take the single train from brigton to Victoria (approx hour on train) and get caught up for a friday night or saturaday night tournament...its the only rileys i know that has a brunswick installed......if you gonna use the club in brighton though, i think its on "London Road" above a supermarket.

ps. when in brighton, make sure to check out "The Font and Firkin" off an alley in "The Lanes"....no pooltables in there, but a fine watering hole nonetheless....hope that helps

Scott Lee
08-12-2008, 06:11 PM
14.1player...#1 Pros are not allowed in APA. #2 APA does not run leagues in England.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I think this would be a pretty sporty APA team:

Rileys Victoria London, England - Imran Majid, Raj Hundal, Tony Drago, & a few A+ players who you've heard of... :)

JMS
08-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Amsterdam Billiards in NYC. Tony Robles, Mika Immonen, Thorsten Hohnmen, and Jennifer Barreta. Enough Said!!!

14.1player
08-13-2008, 12:04 PM
14.1player...#1 Pros are not allowed in APA. #2 APA does not run leagues in England.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
........... :p

LoReNz
08-13-2008, 07:57 PM
Oneside. manila Philippines. =)