PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Question

Ten13
03-07-2005, 11:34 AM
I looked all over the site for a list of pool halls by location/city and couldn't find it, so I dare ask... What are some good places to shoot pool in the northern metro Detroit area? (besides Snookers)

I started playing pool when I was 5. When I was about 16, I saw Color of Money and picked it up again, thinking I was the bomb. I just again re-hashed this passion of mine and am now looking for some nice places to shoot. I've been going to Main St. Billiards in Rochester, but it seems that it is catering more towards the bar/food than billiards. I heard there was a place on Mound Rd. that was where some great players hung out...

Any help for this newbie?????

Tbeaux
03-07-2005, 11:45 AM
I looked all over the site for a list of pool halls by location/city and couldn't find it, so I dare ask... What are some good places to shoot pool in the northern metro Detroit area? (besides Snookers)

Try.....Poolhall.com (http://www.poolhall.com)

forabeer
03-07-2005, 11:52 AM

I started playing pool when I was 5. When I was about 16, I saw Color of Money and picked it up again, thinking I was the bomb. I just again re-hashed this passion of mine and am now looking for some nice places to shoot. I've been going to Main St. Billiards in Rochester, but it seems that it is catering more towards the bar/food than billiards. I heard there was a place on Mound Rd. that was where some great players hung out...

www.poolrooms.com

jaz
03-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Try these....

Hall of Fame Billiards - 13 Mile and Mound in Warren
Plush Pockets - South of 12 Mile on Dequindre
Shark Club - M59 and Airport Rd in Waterford
The Rack in Livonia

poolbiz420
03-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Bogarts, Plush Pockets, Hall of Fame ( Lot of Players out of there) Emerald Q, The Garage, Billiard Cafe.... just to name a few. Go to www.insideenglish.net for Michigan and Ohio Pool rooms.

Ten13
03-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the info!

Perk
03-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Definately get the magazine Inside English, or check out their website for information regarding Detroit.

Hall of Fame and Plush Pockets would be a great start, especially considering the 5 minute drive between the two of them. As I recall, you can get good food specials during lunch hours along with pool. The Thursday Open at Hall of Fame is worth $20.00 to play some great players. Depending on the tourney scene you could run into ANYONE.

TheBook
03-07-2005, 05:26 PM
The Blue Diamond is the place to be on Monday nights. A lot of top players.