PDA

View Full Version : In Denver - anyone want to play?

grisbe
08-12-2008, 11:13 PM
OK, I have not hit a ball in about two years, so don't expect anything... BUT, I am in Denver on business, and free this wed and thurs night (aug 13, 14). I'm bored and thinking it might be nice to sneak away and play a little pool.

I WAS a "B" player, but I'm sure I'm completely out of stroke. Not looking to gamble, but like "real" pool halls.

Any Denverites (Denvarians?) willing to entertain a traveler for an evening?

Thanks!

Grisbe

PoolSharkAllen
08-13-2008, 06:35 AM

Alex Kanapilly
08-13-2008, 10:00 AM
I'll be playing in a league at Table Steaks south tonight, the place is usually pretty busy on Wednesday nights so you should be able to find a game. If I'm not in action after the league I'll play you some... but I think I will be because someone is looking to win his money back.

I'm the bald Indian guy with a goatee.

Alex Kanapilly
08-13-2008, 10:02 AM
If you're in the vicinity, "Rack 'em", in Aurora, offers free pool on Wednesday nights, from 6PM-midnight.

I know some guys that play there every Wednesday. You should be able to find a game there too.

grisbe
08-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Thanks for your replies.

That little newsletter said there was a tournament in Aurora at Corner Pockets. Anyone know anything about it?

I'll definitely go to one of these rooms. With the league at Rack Em, are there still free tables?

Alex Kanapilly
08-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks for your replies.

That little newsletter said there was a tournament in Aurora at Corner Pockets. Anyone know anything about it?

I'll definitely go to one of these rooms. With the league at Rack Em, are there still free tables?

The league that I'm playing in is at Table Steaks South and there are still tables to play on yes, but you have to pay for them. The free pool is at Rack 'em tonight. I've never been to the corner pocket tournament. Wasn't sure what you meant so I tried to cover everything.

By the way, my picture is in the cue times (www.cuetimes.com) on page 4wearing a TAR shirt.

PoolSharkAllen
08-13-2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks for your replies.

League play at Rack 'em is on Tuesday and Thursday nights; however, the summer league is now over.

dr_dave
08-13-2008, 04:09 PM
I think Tom Ross gives free clinics at the Skylark Lounge (on Broadway) on Thursday nights. You should check it out. Also, the WynCoop Brewery has a great pool hall. Melissa "The Viper" Little gives clinics and runs tournaments there.

Regards,
Dave (I'm up in Fort Collins)

OK, I have not hit a ball in about two years, so don't expect anything... BUT, I am in Denver on business, and free this wed and thurs night (aug 13, 14). I'm bored and thinking it might be nice to sneak away and play a little pool.

I WAS a "B" player, but I'm sure I'm completely out of stroke. Not looking to gamble, but like "real" pool halls.

Any Denverites (Denvarians?) willing to entertain a traveler for an evening?

Thanks!

Grisbe

grisbe
08-14-2008, 10:13 AM
Hi,.

Just wanted to follow-up. Now only did Alex find me a game, he also let me use his cue all night! I went to table steaks and it was very nice - clean, safe-feeling, lots of players, and good food. I met another AZBer (forgot the name - sorry).

Thanks again for the guidance.

Alex Kanapilly
08-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Hi,.

Just wanted to follow-up. Now only did Alex find me a game, he also let me use his cue all night! I went to table steaks and it was very nice - clean, safe-feeling, lots of players, and good food. I met another AZBer (forgot the name - sorry).

Thanks again for the guidance.

No problem at all. It was nice meeting you. You forgot to mention that we both got some free stance advice from Bristol Bob.

Good luck at Colorado Cue Club if you make it out there. That's a tough tournament.