PDA

View Full Version : Meucci Originals OL-2 (Info Needed)

l0k0
03-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Newbie here, so please feel free to reloacte this thread if its in the wrong place, hehe. Anyways, i was curious as to if anyone could tell me the production dates on the Meucci Originals OL line of cues. I know they were the Oldies line, which hints why they have the model number of OL. I just recently inhertited an OL-2 "Propeller Cue" or "Airplane Cue" which ever u prefer to call it. Cue is still in original condition with no scratches, wares, nicks or dinks anywhere on it. Cue still looks like it did when it came from Meucci how ever long ago. Anyways just curious on the production date, in case i sell it, i can atleast tell people when it was made, hehe....Thanks...=-)

Jack Flanagan
03-07-2005, 02:20 PM
contact Meucci,,,,,have pictures, etc. ready to send for verification,,,good luck !,,,,jflan

TATE
03-07-2005, 03:34 PM
Newbie here, so please feel free to reloacte this thread if its in the wrong place, hehe. Anyways, i was curious as to if anyone could tell me the production dates on the Meucci Originals OL line of cues. I know they were the Oldies line, which hints why they have the model number of OL. I just recently inhertited an OL-2 "Propeller Cue" or "Airplane Cue" which ever u prefer to call it. Cue is still in original condition with no scratches, wares, nicks or dinks anywhere on it. Cue still looks like it did when it came from Meucci how ever long ago. Anyways just curious on the production date, in case i sell it, i can atleast tell people when it was made, hehe....Thanks...=-)

There are two distinct versions of this cue. The oldest ones have the old logo - "MEUCCI = ORIGINALS" across the buttcap. The cue was introduced in the late 1980's. The first versions had real ebony sleeves, real abalone inlays, silver dots and were a nice quality cue.

The later versions had the newer "Meucci" script logo. They were also still called the OL 2 but became the 95-19. These cues were pretty bad - the "abalone" was just cheap plastic, the black was plastic, etc. The inlays do not stand out at all. They were nothing like the original cues - which were very nice.

This is one of Meucci's better designs. In excellent condition the Originals version (which is hard to find) go for $400 - $500 and the newer version goes for about $300.

The Meucci office usually quotes inflated values - these are what I see them auction for.

Chris

woody_968
03-07-2005, 03:54 PM
I knew you would have a good asnwer for this one Chris :)

l0k0
03-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Yes i did see that they made 2 versions of this cue as well as a few others. I have found alot of info on the cues, but still havent found an exact production date. Mine is the one that says "Meucci Originals" on the but cap. So i would assume mine the older (better) one. I inherited this cue from a friend of mine who recently passed away. This cue i would say is in 99% perfect condition. Only thing i would say is wrong with it, is the fact that it has actually been chalked, LoL. I know it would have to be made prior to 1985, since this was the year they changed from the Meucci Originals logo to the regular Meucci logo. I will try to contact Meucci and see if i can get some info. Thanks for the help, and if anyone comes up with something else. Please let me know....=-)

l0k0
03-22-2005, 04:35 AM
Sorry its been awhile seens ive logged in anyways. I found a pic of the Meucci Originals OL line of cues (here (http://www.budgetcues.com/archive/meucci-oldie-series.htm)). Mine is the 2nd from top with the OL-2 written to the left side of it. Also i will post a few pics of my actual cue. Maybe, someone can elaborate a little more on this specific line of cues for me. Any and all info or help is very much appreciated....Thanks..=-)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/dirtysouth187/OL2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/dirtysouth187/OL1.jpg