PDA

View Full Version : FYI on Teacherman

Keith Rudman
03-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Got a PM form a reliable source. Teacherman is the owner of Teachers Billiards in St. Peters Mo. Just FYI on places never to visit while in MO.

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Got a PM form a reliable source. Teacherman is the owner of Teachers Billiards in St. Peters Mo. Just FYI on places never to visit while in MO.

And Teachers Billiards & Sports Cafe in Fairview Heights, Il.

No az members are welcome :D We ID. :D

We do consider exceptions. Must fill out an application. Don't say you have a league handicap. Don't complain about shimmed pockets. Please dress appropriately.

Existing Exceptions: watchez, christyd, OldHasBeen (may be others)

fxskater
03-07-2005, 05:52 PM
FXSkAtEr has sat idly by and hasn't hammered you once yet, does this qualify me? Or do i actually have to do something nice for someone. In an attempt to be nice, and get into Teachers (preferably young grades P-5) , here is a Smily :D .

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 06:26 PM
FXSkAtEr has sat idly by and hasn't hammered you once yet, does this qualify me? Or do i actually have to do something nice for someone. In an attempt to be nice, and get into Teachers (preferably young grades P-5) , here is a Smily :D .

Mail in your $100 member fee and you're in. Treating the owner right ranks very high on the admission chart. I've got a spot in grade 4. :D

pete lafond
03-07-2005, 06:35 PM

We do consider exceptions. Must fill out an application. Don't say you have a league handicap. Don't complain about shimmed pockets. Please dress appropriately.

Existing Exceptions: watchez, christyd, OldHasBeen (may be others)

You are misserable. I think somebody shimmed your butt..

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 07:30 PM

No problem. You need not apply. Our first 5 rules apply to you.

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Any picture of your hall. Would be nice to go to a place where everyone is disciplined and dress accordingly. I have wanted a hall like that for a long time.
How big id your hall, how many tables. Which one do you work at?

You're killing Mr. Lafond and Mr. Rudman's vision of business. How dare you be interested in my business after the things I've said ;)

http://www.teachersbilliards.com/teacher1.jpg

http://www.teachersbilliards.com/leaguearena.jpg

http://www.teachersbilliards.com/bar.jpg

Here's some of us after playing in the NPA Nationals in Florida

http://www.teachersbilliards.com/allteam.jpg

sixpack
03-07-2005, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=Teacherman]You're killing Mr. Lafond and Mr. Rudman's vision of business. How dare you be interested in my business after the things I've said ;)

QUOTE]

Teach,

It looks like a good place. I like pool halls that have a mix of 9' tables and bar tables. Do you have free practice time during the day for us water drinkers?

Cheers,
Regas

Jack Flanagan
03-07-2005, 08:01 PM

when I was a teacher 'misersble' only had one 's'.....guess one 's' is not enough for some....

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE=Teacherman]You're killing Mr. Lafond and Mr. Rudman's vision of business. How dare you be interested in my business after the things I've said ;)

QUOTE]

Teach,

It looks like a good place. I like pool halls that have a mix of 9' tables and bar tables. Do you have free practice time during the day for us water drinkers?

Cheers,
Regas

That violates rule number 6.......Never be a party to turning a good customer into a bad one.

pete lafond
03-07-2005, 08:02 PM
A very nice place. You'ld be hard pressed to find a place like yours in NYS.

satman
03-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Nice looking room, but since I don't agree with some of your responses and the way you presented yourself to the people of this board, guess I'm not welcome either. Still a pretty nice looking room though. Sam

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 08:03 PM
when I was a teacher 'misersble' only had one 's'.....guess one 's' is not enough for some....

Guys like me are extra bad....extra misserable......therefore deserving two s's

pete lafond
03-07-2005, 08:06 PM

Sorry, I sometimes do not wear my glasses when at the computer.

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 08:07 PM
...That little Asian girl is cute... ;)

We miss that nice little Asian girl AND the nice little Asian guy. They were college students and graduated and went back to Taiwan.

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Nice looking room, but since I don't agree with some of your responses and the way you presented yourself to the people of this board, guess I'm not welcome either. Still a pretty nice looking room though. Sam

Agreeing or disagreeing is not the issue. Knowing when to keep your mouth shut is. ;)

pete lafond
03-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Real nice place. I love the set up. Everyone in your league seem very happy, which is a good sign. Why do theese people hate you? What did you do?

Those in the picture are the only ones left that still like him.

Just a joke Teacherman. My only complaint was how you react to people in this forum. "Pool halls that discourage play" was not knocking down pool halls. It was clear constructive criticism. If you read one of the very last post you will see a super straight pool players remarks, Shark52. He has played with and has beaten some of the best. Has run 100's in straight pool and so forth. I was fortunate to have his input.

My other remark to you was to carry your pool name with pride. This forum is about pool and you are a vendor. Just like great cue workmanship, a pool hall should also be a picture of workmanship.

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Real nice place. I love the set up. Everyone in your league seem very happy, which is a good sign. Why do theese people hate you? What did you do?

Don't confuse "drunk after the tournament was over" with "happy league players".

Although most everyone in this picture I consider great customers.

Speaking of those people there are 4 top flight pool players in there.

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Those in the picture are the only ones left that still like him....

If you would take out "ones left" and add "league players" you'd be right on.

DaveK
03-07-2005, 08:40 PM

We do consider exceptions. Must fill out an application.

Thanks Teach for posting the pictures, and Mr Rudman for provoking, er, motivating the response. I'd be safe on the ID thing, never having been issued an AZ Membership Card. Of course I may have problems with the application not being very bright and all ... ah well, it looks nice anyway. I'm sure you are proud of these establishments.

Dave

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 08:46 PM
...I'd be safe on the ID thing,..

I meant, like, driver license, like, are you old enough to get in.

Some employees over the years. 2 of these are now my managers.

http://www.teachersbilliards.com/emp2.jpg

Nothing quite like good looking young people..........

woody_968
03-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Looks like a nice room Teacherman,,,,, If I tag along with Chrisyd do ya think I might make it through the door??? LOL

DaveK
03-07-2005, 08:52 PM
I meant, like, driver license, like, are you old enough to get in.

Apparently sometimes not by my mental age ... sigh ...

Last time I was ID'd was over 15 years ago, in California, I was 30 something at the time ... maybe I'll be so flattered in your establishment some day ... just don't let the cane fool you :)

Dave

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Looks like a nice room Teacherman,,,,, If I tag along with Chrisyd do ya think I might make it through the door??? LOL

Do you mean is the door wide enough for you? That I can't answer. :D

As a friend of christyd you'd be given special consideration. However, a full and complete investigation would have to occur, to decide if you won any of my money while I was gambling with her. I have a limit as to how much humiliation I can take at one time. ;)

BTW, have I met you?

woody_968
03-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Do you mean is the door wide enough for you? That I can't answer. :D

ROFL somehow after reading my post I knew you would say something like that!!!

And no, I dont think we have ever met unless you have played in Terre Haute.

I havent been in any rooms in the St. Louis area other than for a lesson with Mark Wilson but I am wanting to try to get out a little more if I have someone to stear me around :D

Mike Templeton
03-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Here's some of us after playing in the NPA Nationals in Florida

http://www.teachersbilliards.com/allteam.jpg

Is that Kathy Griffin in the middle???????????

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 09:07 PM
Who made the mistake of asking me for pictures??????

Another view. This is my last standing league player. All the others ate the mushrooms. :D :D :D

http://www.teachersbilliards.com/tsp1.jpg

Here is one of my National Champions and another who placed very high (I believe 5th). This picture was before they became little champs........but were showing tremendous ability.

http://www.teachersbilliards.com/poolkids.jpg

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Is that Kathy Griffin in the middle???????????

Don't know a Kathy Griffin.

Mike Templeton
03-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Don't know a Kathy Griffin.
That makes sense. Hopefully someone will get the joke.

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Here are/were some happy campers.

http://www.teachersbilliards.com/instroke.jpg

And their prize.....

http://www.teachersbilliards.com/cash.jpg

sixpack
03-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Who made the mistake of asking me for pictures??????

Another view. This is my last standing league player. All the others ate the mushrooms. :D :D :D

Here is one of my National Champions and another who placed very high (I believe 5th). This picture was before they became little champs but showing tremendous ability.

<< pics deleted for brevity>>

Teach,

Those are some mighty fine C players...mighty fine.

Do you have a GoldenTee machine?

Cheers,
Regas

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 09:28 PM
No way...$5000 for winning a league! Are u for real! U r too good to be true.

Just an inhouse league with about 30 teams and we paid $5000 first prize........3 times per year.

I forget who I was discussing the APA with last weekend........but I know how they rape the player................I've got a little experience at what can and should be paid.

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Teach,

Those are some mighty fine C players...mighty fine.

Do you have a GoldenTee machine?

Cheers,
Regas

Yes, I have Golden Tee......Which ones are the mighty fine C players....The kids?......or the team?

If you're talking about the kids...............you got action............high action.

sixpack
03-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Yes, I have Golden Tee......Which ones are the mighty fine C players....The kids?......or the team?

If you're talking about the kids...............you got action............high action.

What I meant was that they don't look like 'C' players at all, but I thought from a previous discussion that you didn't cater to 'B' and 'A' players. Just being a wiseass :)

Cheers,
Regas

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 09:35 PM
My last pictures....for now anyway.

Here's something we did that was fun.

http://www.teachersbilliards.com/teamst..jpg

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 09:36 PM
What I meant was that they don't look like 'C' players at all...

When you know what C players "look like", let me know.

sixpack
03-07-2005, 09:42 PM
When you know what C players "look like", let me know.

I don't necessarily know 'C' players when I see them, but I can usually spot players who aren't 'C's pretty quickly.

Was I right or wrong? Based on your answering post, I would guess I was correct. :D

Cheers,
Regas

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 09:45 PM
I don't necessarily know 'C' players when I see them, but I can usually spot players who aren't 'C's pretty quickly.

Was I right or wrong? Based on your answering post, I would guess I was correct. :D

Cheers,
Regas

Both kids are A players...one of them A++. And still only 16 yrs old. The other I am extremely proud of. Got a good job and has entered society as a fine upstanding young man.

The girls play like.......girls.

The guys are a mix of A, B, C.

Rude Dog
03-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Nice pics, nice tables, nice room, still an ass though. Of course I say this with the JMHO, which seems to make it alright to say anything we want.

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 10:22 PM
People are real funny. Look at the respect they have given you once you posted some pictures of your pool hall.

Have you cast your vote yet?

How can I not vote for you.....by the way.....Sarah has played pool in my place.

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Nice pics, nice tables, nice room, still an ass though. Of course I say this with the JMHO, which seems to make it alright to say anything we want.

No nice place remains nice and kept nice without an asshole to run place and run out the riff raff. Sorry it has to be that way......but......it's pool we're talking about.

Teacherman
03-07-2005, 11:09 PM
...but I am wanting to try to get out a little more if I have someone to stear me around :D

That christyd can stear you around. She's never booked a loser. :D

Zims Rack
03-08-2005, 02:44 AM
The first league I ever played in was at Teachers in Troy! Great place! After it closed down we moved our team to Fairview Heights for one session. I can vouch for Teacher being a great guy, has a fantastic pool hall, a great league system, HAS held some great tournaments in the past (nothing going on now as far as I know) and I agree, if someone wants some ACTION with those 2 "kids".... I want in on that also! Just FYI, Teacher is a top notch player also, and has "raised" a thoroughbred named ______. He's a young A++ player also, but apparently isn't playing much anymore. Teacher- Glad to see you're posting on here! I've got to get over to St. Peters, haven't been there since 1997!

Zim

vapoolplayer
03-08-2005, 07:31 AM

LOL....someone's always trying to knock someone's action..........

even though some may not have liked teacherman's attitude and responses, i don't think i ever saw him post anyone's personal info on here and/or try to hurt someone's business. there's no need to make a post like this IMO.

on another note......looks like a nice place.....i like the neon bar, its different.

thanks

VAP

Wally in Cincy
03-08-2005, 08:50 AM
...Don't say you have a league handicap.

So league players are not welcome either?

Seems strange considering how many bar boxes you have.

Are those bar tables shimmed for all the "A" players who play in your leagues?

OldHasBeen
03-08-2005, 09:29 AM
Teach - I had no idea you were the Teacherman here on AZ., and all the other members who are from the metro area.
Great pics of your room!
Are you playing this weekend at The Break?
I think I have some good news on the Washington Ave, Loft Dist., Poolroom. Will be looking for some constant advice and your valuable input.
Remember those $3 nine ball games we used to play at the Cue?

TY & GL

sixpack
03-08-2005, 09:36 AM
The first league I ever played in was at Teachers in Troy! Great place! After it closed down we moved our team to Fairview Heights for one session. I can vouch for Teacher being a great guy, has a fantastic pool hall, a great league system, HAS held some great tournaments in the past (nothing going on now as far as I know) and I agree, if someone wants some ACTION with those 2 "kids".... I want in on that also! Just FYI, Teacher is a top notch player also, and has "raised" a thoroughbred named ______. He's a young A++ player also, but apparently isn't playing much anymore. Teacher- Glad to see you're posting on here! I've got to get over to St. Peters, haven't been there since 1997!

Zim

Don't go talkin' crazy...nobody wanted action with those kids :)

Teach was just woofin' a little.

Cheers,
Regas

Zims Rack
03-08-2005, 09:45 AM
One of those "kids" is probably the top player in the St. Louis/Metro area and probably one of the top beyound those boundaries.

Zim

Teacherman
03-08-2005, 09:46 AM
And, Zim worked for me for a while.

You're right sixpack...you don't want to play the kid.

sixpack
03-08-2005, 10:18 AM

Teach,

I know, that's why I said he wasn't a C player. Like I said, I can tell 'not c' players and I could tell from the picture that he can play.

Seems like we're in violent agreement here :)

Cheers,
Regas

pete lafond
03-08-2005, 01:42 PM
LOL....someone's always trying to knock someone's action..........

even though some may not have liked teacherman's attitude and responses, i don't think i ever saw him post anyone's personal info on here and/or try to hurt someone's business. there's no need to make a post like this IMO.

on another note......looks like a nice place.....i like the neon bar, its different.

thanks

VAP

Your right. No one stated they did not like Teacherman. It just seems that he complains quite a bit. He does not post a lot of positive stuff. It is just a personality thing. Even though it required someone else to push him to display his pool room, I'm sure glad it happened. I pictured him running another smokey filled dump. I believe this display was refreshing for all.

chefjeff
03-08-2005, 05:21 PM
it is a good set up to have the resturant and bar in a raised platform so all the customers there can watch all the pool actions in the room, dont you guys think so?

tap tap tap...

If there's one thing I like in a pool room, it is the ability to see the tables.
Most bars and halls seem to neglect this vital aspect of the game.

How can the game have spectators when there's not enough good places for the players to sit, let alone their wives, friends, bettors, and just plain old people who want a little entertainment?

I've had to sit behind a blind corner in a game I'm playing in...cripes!

Money comes from spectators buying stuff. Der.

Jeff Livingston

Zims Rack
03-08-2005, 05:24 PM

That was a long time ago Teach, thanks for remembering! I'll get over there sometime!

Zim

chefjeff
03-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Your right. No one stated they did not like Teacherman. It just seems that he complains quite a bit. He does not post a lot of positive stuff. It is just a personality thing. Even though it required someone else to push him to display his pool room, I'm sure glad it happened. I pictured him running another smokey filled dump. I believe this display was refreshing for all.

Pete, I have a lot of respect for the things you've said and I appreciated your support of me when I was trashed for advocating honesty in the Basivich thread.

Teacherman has been mindlessly slashed since he arrived. The reason? He integrates business dynamics into pool. This is soooooo rare and therefore comes off to those non-business people as arrogant and rude, when in fact, it is just what the pool world needs---desperately!!! Once business is integrated into anything, the b/s stops pretty quickly.

This is why I must respectfully disagree and say that what he has posted has been some of the most positive stuff I've read in this forum in over a year. Positive because it is not just complaining, but is peppered with solutions, including dismissing those who attack him personally. My business mentor says he'll talk with me about a problem for 15 minutes IF we then talk for an hour about the solution(s).

I don't agree with everything or every technique he brings up, but isn't that why we're here on this board, to learn and grow?

Nice room, Teacherman, and as Pete said, it is refreshing to see the results of who you are. I'm planning on meeting Zim in St. Louis in the next month or so and I'll try to get to your room, too.

Jeff Livingston

Teacherman
03-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Pete, I have a lot of respect for the things you've said and I appreciated your support of me when I was trashed for advocating honesty in the Basivich thread.

Teacherman has been mindlessly slashed since he arrived. The reason? He integrates business dynamics into pool. This is soooooo rare and therefore comes off to those non-business people as arrogant and rude, when in fact, it is just what the pool world needs---desperately!!! Once business is integrated into anything, the b/s stops pretty quickly.

This is why I must respectfully disagree and say that what he has posted has been some of the most positive stuff I've read in this forum in over a year. Positive because it is not just complaining, but is peppered with solutions, including dismissing those who attack him personally. My business mentor says he'll talk with me about a problem for 15 minutes IF we then talk for an hour about the solution(s).

I don't agree with everything or every technique he brings up, but isn't that why we're here on this board, to learn and grow?

Nice room, Teacherman, and as Pete said, it is refreshing to see the results of who you are. I'm planning on meeting Zim in St. Louis in the next month or so and I'll try to get to your room, too.

Jeff Livingston

WOW...................I was just having a private message with a poster about losing faith in the pool player and the sports' ability to achieve. And here comes chefjeff with the above post.

Thank you for the compliment......Good to hear a voice of reason........a business/sport combined knowledgeable poster.

DAN D
03-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Teacherman,remember Me? I Was The Captain Of Deiters Inn,when Your Troy Location Was Open.good To Hear From You Again.what's With The Negative Comments Towards People? In All Those Years In Your Pool Halls,i Never Heard A Negative Thing Said About You Or From You.what Does Your League Consist Of Now?handicaps,cost,payout,nights,etc..me And Zim Might Be Interested For A Summer Session If You Have One.

Teacherman
03-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Teacherman,remember Me? I Was The Captain Of Deiters Inn,when Your Troy Location Was Open.good To Hear From You Again.what's With The Negative Comments Towards People? In All Those Years In Your Pool Halls,i Never Heard A Negative Thing Said About You Or From You.what Does Your League Consist Of Now?handicaps,cost,payout,nights,etc..me And Zim Might Be Interested For A Summer Session If You Have One.

What's up Dan. Good to hear from you. What negative are you talking about. I would prefer to call it "business discussion" which can sound negative to the masses, but is everyday talk to people in business. I like chefjef's assessment.

As far as league is concerned, talk to Andy in Fairview. You know we remodeled it? Nice place. Was before but better now.

Teacherman
03-08-2005, 11:20 PM
Teach - I had no idea you were the Teacherman here on AZ., and all the other members who are from the metro area.
Great pics of your room!
Are you playing this weekend at The Break?
I think I have some good news on the Washington Ave, Loft Dist., Poolroom. Will be looking for some constant advice and your valuable input.
Remember those $3 nine ball games we used to play at the Cue?

TY & GL

I'm planning on playing. Look forward to talking shop with you.

chefjeff
03-09-2005, 08:02 AM
What's up Dan. Good to hear from you. What negative are you talking about. I would prefer to call it "business discussion" which can sound negative to the masses, but is everyday talk to people in business. I like chefjef's assessment.

(snip)

Based on an IM I received, I'd like to straighten something out...

Being negative about someone's comments and backing it with facts is different than attacking or defaming someone personally with little evidence, no matter who's doing it.

Jeff Livingston

pete lafond
03-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Based on an IM I received, I'd like to straighten something out...

Being negative about someone's comments and backing it with facts is different than attacking or defaming someone personally with little evidence, no matter who's doing it.

Jeff Livingston

I agree. Thanks for the post. Statements such as "clueless" without facts to follow are cheap and clearly do not establish any sense of reasoning. I have found over time that those that use this response do so when they are incapable of explaining themselves or can not comprehend a subject and become confused. There are many egos in pool. It would be nice if we accepted people remarks, even if they may come across as compalints to some, and took time to respond respectfully.