PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Table Mechanic

ashmouth
03-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Hello,

Anyone here know a good table mechanic in the SF bay area? Looking for someone that can do an Ernesto quality double shim on a Gold Crown III.

Thanks

cuejoey
03-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Hello,

Anyone here know a good table mechanic in the SF bay area? Looking for someone that can do an Ernesto quality double shim on a Gold Crown III.

Thanks just an idea...you might want to check on the internet for the Brunswick site and find your local dealer and use their mechanic or ask him on the side to do a side job...

AuntyDan
03-10-2005, 06:16 PM
If you are in CA is there a reason you are not going to have Ernesto himself do the "Ernesto quality double shim" for you?

ashmouth
03-11-2005, 02:38 PM
If you are in CA is there a reason you are not going to have Ernesto himself do the "Ernesto quality double shim" for you?

Ernesto is down in socal and i don't think he'll travel all the way up here to do one table for what i could afford so i'm looking for someone more local that can do a top notch job for a reasonable cost.

sly
03-11-2005, 02:41 PM
does he do anything different on his double shim job?

ashmouth
03-11-2005, 03:09 PM

Not sure what he does differently but everyone I talk to says he's the best mechanic on the west coast. He set up the tables at Cal Billiards in Mountain View and Family Billiards in San Francisco and they play awesome. If my table setup comes even close to what he did with those tables, I'd be a very happy man.

JoeyInCali
03-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Yes, he does.
He extends the subrail and rubber then shims them perfectly .

AuntyDan
03-11-2005, 06:21 PM
Yes, he does.

I'd heard he actually cuts a profile into the rubber and/or the shims at the pocket facings that is supposed to be good but I don't know why.

ashmouth
03-15-2005, 11:32 AM
Yes, he does.

Joey,

Didn't Ernesto do your home table? Do you mind if i ask you what you got done and how much it cost?

Thanks,
Brian

nfty9er
03-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Not sure what he does differently but everyone I talk to says he's the best mechanic on the west coast. He set up the tables at Cal Billiards in Mountain View and Family Billiards in San Francisco and they play awesome. If my table setup comes even close to what he did with those tables, I'd be a very happy man.

Why not call Chet Ito at Cal Billiard and ask his opinion on Crow who I think did his tables last time for the Reno warmup. He can give you his number.
Although I heard Crow does not like to level tables just recover. He is very meticulous and good I heard and am plahning on calling him soon for my tables.

ashmouth
03-16-2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks for suggestion nfty9er... I ended up hiring the folks at Buffalo Billiards up in Cotati since the table I'm buying is up in that area and they offered to store it for me for a few months until I move into my new place. The gentleman I spoke to said Joe his table mechanic has 50 years of experience and they're a Brunswick certified dealer so I figured I should be okay.

Has anyone had any experience with the folks at Buffalo Billiards?

Why not call Chet Ito at Cal Billiard and ask his opinion on Crow who I think did his tables last time for the Reno warmup. He can give you his number.
Although I heard Crow does not like to level tables just recover. He is very meticulous and good I heard and am plahning on calling him soon for my tables.

Troy
03-16-2005, 08:22 PM
As I said in the "Shim thread" --
His name is John Wright, aka Scarecrow. He lives in Redwood City but covers the Bay area. I can't/won't quote a price. If you want his number send me a PM.

Troy
Hello,

Thanks