PDA

View Full Version : AZ In a nutshell

Muxy
03-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Q. How many posters does it take to screw in a light bulb.

One to screw in the lightbulb

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

8 To flame the people who are posting.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

------

Hope i made you smile :)

drivermaker
03-11-2005, 10:13 AM

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again

------

Hope i made you smile :)

You left something out...and 1 to ride a schoolboy's ass about doing his homework before going out to play and spending time on forums.

Hope I made you study :p ;) :D (man, it's good to be crackin' on some ass again)

Muxy
03-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Hey driver :)

Its spring break in canada :)

pete lafond
03-11-2005, 10:20 AM
[QUOTE=Muxy]Q. How many posters does it take to screw in a light bulb.

One to screw in the lightbulb ..

QUOTE]

However in the end it is now considered "Socially acceptable" to change the light bulb, or lightbulb.

By the way was this post about a halogen or fluorscent light bulb?

drivermaker
03-11-2005, 10:22 AM
Hey driver :)

Its spring break in canada :)

This is why you need school...you have yet to learn that there is NO spring in Canada. Only winter. :eek:

Muxy
03-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Hahaha yes it must be winter, wait i dont have any shoes on!!!!!!!!!!

cuejoey
03-11-2005, 10:24 AM

------

Hope i made you smile :) i couldn't have put it any better !!!!!! :D

pete lafond
03-11-2005, 10:42 AM
This is why you need school...you have yet to learn that there is NO spring in Canada. Only winter. :eek:

I didn't see that he lives in Canada. I can now understand his forum confusion. Forget my statement about being "Socially acceptable", that is dictated by the government in Canada. That's why taxes are so high there, to help confused people by making their decisions for them.

Good kid. I would skip school if I lived there, this forum will provide you with a much better education.

DaveK
03-11-2005, 11:00 AM
I didn't see that he lives in Canada. I can now understand his forum confusion. Forget my statement about being "Socially acceptable", that is dictated by the government in Canada. That's why taxes are so high there, to help confused people by making their decisions for them.

Good kid. I would skip school if I lived there, this forum will provide you with a much better education.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1089906805255_85316005/?hub=CTVNewsAt11

Dave

Muxy
03-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Oh canada,

what a wonderful place to live....

pete lafond
03-11-2005, 11:07 AM
Oh canada,

what a wonderful place to live....

I was born there.

Muxy
03-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Sweet....!

JoeyInCali
03-11-2005, 11:10 AM
You forgot two old farts who are gonna argue the light bulbs in the "old" days were better.
Two more old farts chime in.

pete lafond
03-11-2005, 11:10 AM
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1089906805255_85316005/?hub=CTVNewsAt11

Dave

It was all good till I got to the UN part. UN? I wouldn't pass this post to anyone else if I were you.

JoeyInCali
03-11-2005, 11:12 AM

Dave
Ahahahahahaha, it's happening already. :D :D :p

sniper
03-11-2005, 11:15 AM

Boy I hope you looked at the link DaveK provided, turns out....YOU GUYS are the dumbasses LOL! Just kidding and yes we only have winter out here, that is why we live in an igloo year round and instead of cars on the roads up here we have sleds being pulled dogs.

landshark77
03-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Muxy....that was a GREAT post. LMFAO!!! You rule! ;)

DaveK
03-11-2005, 11:56 AM
It was all good till I got to the UN part. UN? I wouldn't pass this post to anyone else if I were you.

Ya, you can't trust those guys from NY :D

Dave, who apparently is one of the people who posts tangential URLs in threads, but it's nice to belong anyway ...

DaveK
03-11-2005, 12:02 PM
Boy I hope you looked at the link DaveK provided, turns out....YOU GUYS are the dumbasses LOL! Just kidding and yes we only have winter out here, that is why we live in an igloo year round and instead of cars on the roads up here we have sleds being pulled dogs.

I want those 19 degree winter days you guys have in Calgary ... but how do you keep your igloos from turning into puddles ?

Dave, posting into yet another direction...

MFB
03-11-2005, 12:11 PM

:)

Since you are so close to Quebec, I think you should be required to post in English and French.

pete lafond
03-11-2005, 12:15 PM
Ya, you can't trust those guys from NY :D

Dave, who apparently is one of the people who posts tangential URLs in threads, but it's nice to belong anyway ...

Tangential by itself implies some connection, in the case of this URL it is by all means a very far reach.

It was really funny though that someone actually used the UN in establishing some significance in their worldly ranking.

Muxy
03-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Since you are so close to Quebec, I think you should be required to post in English and French.

Well in my province it is there first complete Bi-lingual

Q. Comment beaucoup d'affiches le font prend pour visser dans une ampoule légère.

L'un visser dans l'ampoule

14 partager des expériences similaires d'ampoules légères changeantes et comment l'ampoule légère auraient pu être différemment changées

7 avertir des dangers d'ampoules légères changeantes

1 le transférer * la section d'Eclairage

2 se disputer alors le transférer * la section Electrique

6 disputer par-dessus si c'est l' « ampoule » ou « l'ampoule légère »... un autre 6 condamner ces 6 comme stupide

8 flamber les gens qui postent.

2 gens de métier d'industrie pour informer le groupe que le terme correct est la « lampe »

15 savent-il-tout qui réclame ils étaient dans l'industrie, et cela « l'ampoule légère » est parfaitement correct

19 poster que ce forum n'est pas des ampoules légères et plaire prend cette discussion * un forum d'ampoule

7 poster URL où l'un peut voir des exemples d'ampoules légères différentes

4 poster que l'URL a été inexactement postée et poste alors l'a corrigé URL

3 poster des liens qu'ils ont trouvé de l'URL qui sont pertinente * ce groupe qui fait des ampoules légères pertinentes * ce groupe

5 poster au groupe qu'ils ne fera pas de poste plus longue parce qu'ils ne peuvent pas contrôler la controverse d'ampoule légère

4 dire « a fait nous ne traversons pas ceci déj* il y a peu de temps ? »

13 dire « faire une recherche de Google sur les ampoules légères avant de poster des questions des ampoules légères »

1 forum rôdeur pour répondre * l'original poste 6 mois de et le commence maintenant encore une fois.

DaveK
03-11-2005, 12:43 PM
It was really funny though that someone actually used the UN in establishing some significance in their worldly ranking.

Glad I could provide a few laughs, they must be hard to come by in country #12 :D

Dave, who's mother was born in North Dakota ...

pete lafond
03-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Glad I could provide a few laughs, they must be hard to come by in country #12 :D

Sorry, I thought it was posted for humor. Sorry again.

MFB
03-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Well in my province it is there first complete Bi-lingual

Thanks.

Merci.

drivermaker
03-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Hahaha yes it must be winter, wait i dont have any shoes on!!!!!!!!!!

That's because you're trying to blow all of your cash on a custom cue instead of a good pair of shoes. Save up a little more, after your education pays off, for a higher end custom. (seriously) What are you playing with now?
Oh God...forget that I said that. That has to be the stupidest ass question to ask a 16 year old that lives in the woods of bum-f*#k Canada. :eek:

Rackin_Zack
03-11-2005, 12:52 PM

The UK was 12th and the USA was 8th. Just an fyi :)

DaveK
03-11-2005, 12:55 PM
Sorry, I thought it was posted for humor. Sorry again.

No problem, no offense taken, and I sincerely hope that none was felt either. One thing is pretty much certain, 'mericans will take jabs at canuks, and canuks will take jabs at 'mericans, just like little-brother vs big-brother. Bottom line is I doubt either of us would really like a different neighbour, regardless of how we spell it.

Dave, who has travelled to perhaps 35 of your 50 states, all 10 provinces and both territories (when there were only two), and has good memories of them all

DaveK
03-11-2005, 12:58 PM

I stand (OK, Im sitting) corrected. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Dave, who has a good memory, just a bit short that's all ...

pete lafond
03-11-2005, 12:59 PM

I wouldn't go there with the UN link. Asking for the UN to rank countries is like asking inmates how laws should be ranked for severity.

Muxy
03-11-2005, 01:02 PM
That's because you're trying to blow all of your cash on a custom cue instead of a good pair of shoes. Save up a little more, after your education pays off, for a higher end custom. (seriously) What are you playing with now?
Oh God...forget that I said that. That has to be the stupidest ass question to ask a 16 year old that lives in the woods of bum-f*#k Canada. :eek:

i Have shoes, and i have dress shows FYI :P

Im playing with a Mcdermott i like it a lot, but i want something one of a kind for my first cue in my collection, i think i am going with a Eurowest or a Viotarre(sp?), then when i am working, i will buy more high end cues, there Mr. Drivermaker sir.... :P