PDA

View Full Version : Viking Tour in Canada?

xxxbilliards
08-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Hello all

Just as I was readig about how well The Viking Tour (MIKE JANIS) is doing now, since they have adopted the amateur status and pro status that allows many to compete and now with the new class as advance amateur....... seems the right steps are being taken to insure fair competition.
NOW!!!!! here is the question...........
Should the Viking Tour come to Canada???
And if it did, are there any body who is willing to run it ??
They seem to have the experience and know how to get things done correctly.....or else you will see small field of players. Handicap correctly is a never endind task, adjustments have to be made all the time, but you need to be there and run things at the same time as a Canadian Tour did not long ago. When you copy their system and don't understand how those handicaps were born, is very easy to use the wrong handicap if the exact format is not followed. This practice is becoming apparent when other tours indicate that their handicap format is similar to this Canadian Tour that is closed for now
That means they don't have the data source that can only be adquire from experience and road work, when applied in unison with the tours format ......the results are good.
I would like to know if and how many players in Canada may want to see The Viking Tour in Canada!!!
Go to the web site and read about it before saying yes or no as I'm sure many would agreed........see you later!!!!!

Gatz
08-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Of course the viking tour would be awesome!, but it wouldn't be the same without Mike Janis being there lol.

In all honesty though I don't think we would even come close to the same amount of players that tour gets in the States. We rarely get a full field around here of 64 players, and thats amatuer, and open players combined.

Only way you get big turnouts here in Canada is if you have a lot of money added, like the Canadian 9 ball tour, even then it sometimes struggles to get a full field of 64 players. It's sad it always comes down to money :(. I could play in a tournament of 64 players, not win a dime, and still try my best. I just want to win!, I could careless about the winnings.

supergreenman
08-24-2008, 02:08 PM
I would come up with the entry fee if I didn't have to travel too far.

Calgary or Edmonton would work for me. There's plenty of players here that would jump at that I'm sure.

xxxbilliards
08-25-2008, 10:57 AM
I would come up with the entry fee if I didn't have to travel too far.

Calgary or Edmonton would work for me. There's plenty of players here that would jump at that I'm sure.
Maybe that could be one of the regions run by someone of knowledge but with the same values as the Main Tour, on the other hand there is people with knowledge already who given the chance may be willing to step up and promote buss, Ontario by far is the strongest and no to put aside the other provinces.......but the person who runs this thing will also has to consider the cost of doing buss and travel in the event that such person carries an unbiased policy of doing buss.
Maybe is time to review things for the better of the sport!!!
Have a nice day

MikeJanis
08-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Of course the viking tour would be awesome!, but it wouldn't be the same without Mike Janis being there lol.

In all honesty though I don't think we would even come close to the same amount of players that tour gets in the States. We rarely get a full field around here of 64 players, and thats amatuer, and open players combined.

Only way you get big turnouts here in Canada is if you have a lot of money added, like the Canadian 9 ball tour, even then it sometimes struggles to get a full field of 64 players. It's sad it always comes down to money :(. I could play in a tournament of 64 players, not win a dime, and still try my best. I just want to win!, I could careless about the winnings.

Thanks for the compliments.

Simply because pf a few international laws I am not able to bring the Viking Tour to Canada. Basically, they would make it monetarily impossible.

Good luck up there.

Mj

Gatz
08-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Hey Mike!. Canadian players can compete in your tournaments though right?. I dunno if you restrict it to U.S residence only. Just curious.

MikeJanis
08-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Hey Mike!. Canadian players can compete in your tournaments though right?. I dunno if you restrict it to U.S residence only. Just curious.

Yep, everyone is welcome.

Mj