PDA

View Full Version : where's mark tad???

vapoolplayer
03-11-2005, 06:37 PM
hope i won't start a shitstorm here.........lol...........but what happened to mark? he was posting here, and was even talking of playing in some tourneys.

anyone know if he started playing seriously again?

thanks

VAP

drivermaker
03-11-2005, 06:43 PM
hope i won't start a shitstorm here.........lol...........but what happened to mark? he was posting here, and was even talking of playing in some tourneys.

thanks

VAP

Who??? Oh...that's right. Last I heard he was seen in a library researching some questions that were asked of him which he promised to respond to, but never did. (I think the winds of ca-ca are blowing in)

vapoolplayer
03-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Who??? Oh...that's right. Last I heard he was seen in a library researching some questions that were asked of him which he promised to respond to, but never did. (I think the winds of ca-ca are blowing in)

heyyyyyy, you're back............so hows that new predator shaft that you had to take two months away from the forum to get used to again????

bruin70
03-11-2005, 07:17 PM
i was over at a one pocket forum(can't remember where) but there, tadd, or "mark tademy" is his aka there, posted that he's hittin'em as good as he ever did, which is exiting to me, because as briefly as i saw him, he was a totally dynamic player.

hemicudas
03-11-2005, 07:37 PM
i was over at a one pocket forum(can't remember where) but there, tadd, or "mark tademy" is his aka there, posted that he's hittin'em as good as he ever did, which is exiting to me, because as briefly as i saw him, he was a totally dynamic player.

It's onepocket.org , bruin and Mark is "On The Road, To Predition".

drivermaker
03-11-2005, 07:56 PM
heyyyyyy, you're back............so hows that new predator shaft that you had to take two months away from the forum to get used to again????

I was relying on you to keep the Predator Train under control so that they weren't dancing around here like Soul Train groupies while I was gone. Did you do your job or has all of my hard work gone to waste?

chefjeff
03-11-2005, 08:21 PM
I was relying on you to keep the Predator Train under control so that they weren't dancing around here like Soul Train groupies while I was gone. Did you do your job or has all of my hard work gone to waste?

Go back to the most recent Predator thread...you're in there.

Welcome back,

Jeff Livingston

JPB
03-11-2005, 09:46 PM

LOL.

When your name is an AKA you know you have come full circle.

JDB
03-12-2005, 12:21 AM
LOL.

When your name is an AKA you know you have come full circle.
LMAO that was exactly what I was thinking when I read that LOL.

vapoolplayer
03-12-2005, 06:23 AM

there was only ONE thread about predator shafts while you were gone believe it or not. i think people are starting to see that ANY shaft will play just fine if you practice enough.

VAP

drivermaker
03-12-2005, 06:41 AM
there was only ONE thread about predator shafts while you were gone believe it or not. i think people are starting to see that ANY shaft will play just fine if you practice enough.

VAP

That was one thread too many. It should have been squelched with the first post. :mad: As Trump would say....VAP...you're fired!

I don't think anybody is seeing that. We're all looking for the panacea, the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, the fountain of youth, or hitting the lotto. It's that ray of HOPE that we cling to which is going to change everything. Practice with the same shaft??? Yuk...that's like driving the same ugly ass car forever or playing with the same set of golf clubs. Moreso, like saying that sex will be better from practice with the same old lady that never was worth a damn from the beginning. Question then becomes, do you really want to practice that hard? (that should bring some responses back from the fem side of the forum) ;)

T411
03-12-2005, 06:58 AM

thanks

VAP
#1 03-09-2005, 07:43 AM
Mark Tademy Member 2004Location: Salt Lake City

Looking for a road partner Well i having been playing 4-6 hours a day for about 4 months now and I think I am ready to go back on the road. I am looking for someone to travel with hitting the east coast and the south it has been about ten years since I have made the trip and I think it would be profitable. I am hitting them well I just need to step up and play champions. anyone that is interested pm me.mark

He got chased out of here by all the haters. He posted this on the onepocket.org forum on 9 March 05.

drivermaker
03-12-2005, 07:05 AM

Looking for a road partner Well i having been playing 4-6 hours a day for about 4 months now and I think I am ready to go back on the road. I am looking for someone to travel with hitting the east coast and the south it has been about ten years since I have made the trip and I think it would be profitable. I am hitting them well I just need to step up and play champions. anyone that is interested pm me.mark

He got chased out of here by all the haters. He posted this on the onepocket.org forum on 9 March 05.

That's interesting...what happened to the "I've given up gambling on pool forever" philosophy that he had while he was here. He seemed pretty adamant about it at the time.

He didn't get chased out of here by all the haters, that's bullshit. He just opted to fade off into the sunset on his own. A number of guys were trying to ask insightful questions of him and he never responded.

T411
03-12-2005, 07:12 AM
That's interesting...what happened to the "I've given up gambling on pool forever" philosophy that he had while he was here. He seemed pretty adamant about it at the time.

He didn't get chased out of here by all the haters, that's bullshit. He just opted to fade off into the sunset on his own. A number of guys were trying to ask insightful questions of him and he never responded.

Bullshit? I don’t think so. Go back and look at the post. The short time that he posted on this forum I thought he contributed good stuff and as much as some people jumped all over him for whatever reason, he did not stoop. Quite honestly I think he took the high road and just quit posting rather than being dragged into al the B.S.

drivermaker
03-12-2005, 07:45 AM
Bullshit? I don’t think so. Go back and look at the post. The short time that he posted on this forum I thought he contributed good stuff and as much as some people jumped all over him for whatever reason, he did not stoop.

Bullshit? I do think so. I don't have to go back and read the posts. I was there for all of them. Sure, he caught flak in the beginning because of the way that he introduced himself and made this big splash on the scene with everyone expected to know who he was, what his accomplisments were, and how good he played. But he was mainly a west coast player and the guys from out there did know of him and confirm it. There are enough posters on here that are in the know whose opinions we all respect, so he was accepted and respected. I'm not a Mark Tadd hater or lover...I never knew of him nor have seen him play, but I'll take the word of those that have regarding his skills and talent.

As far as contributing good stuff...honestly I don't remember seeing much of that at all. It was primarily hype and self promotion. I was hoping for more contribution. If you say that he did...cut and paste all of it in your next post so that my memory is jogged and you can say..."I told you so".

T411
03-12-2005, 08:27 AM
Bullshit? I do think so. I don't have to go back and read the posts. I was there for all of them. Sure, he caught flak in the beginning because of the way that he introduced himself and made this big splash on the scene with everyone expected to know who he was, what his accomplisments were, and how good he played. But he was mainly a west coast player and the guys from out there did know of him and confirm it. There are enough posters on here that are in the know whose opinions we all respect, so he was accepted and respected. I'm not a Mark Tadd hater or lover...I never knew of him nor have seen him play, but I'll take the word of those that have regarding his skills and talent.

As far as contributing good stuff...honestly I don't remember seeing much of that at all. It was primarily hype and self promotion. I was hoping for more contribution. If you say that he did...cut and paste all of it in your next post so that my memory is jogged and you can say..."I told you so".

“I Told you so” ?? :confused: Divemaker, that’s not my style. I’m not here to “one up you” or start a war with you or anybody else. I do think that you would have seen more post from Mark like these if he were not chased out of here. I like to hear the stories from the past. I think that he had more stories from the past that he would have shared that would have been interesting to hear. By the way, I was not insinuating that you were a “lover or a hater” I was just stating my opinion. I hope you respect that I have one. I respect yours. #12 11-18-2004, 01:27 AM
mark tadd Registered User Join Date: Oct 2004Posts: 195 vCash: 500

Quote:
THIS SHOT CAN BE MADE BUT IT DEPENDS ON HOW CLOSE THE CUE IS TO THE OBJECT BALL . IF YOUR TALKING 6 INCHES OR LESS YES. BUT MORE THAN THAT AND FROZEN MABEY NOT,THERE IS A POINT IT CANNOT BE MADE AND GET SHAPE UP TABLE
12-14-2004, 08:06 AM

this should help those of you that didnt know this so you can be aware of it..now whether the tip touches the cloth or not after delivery obviously has to do with dropping the arm and how far back someone holds the cue, and how tight there grip is and if they use all five fingers to play and does there cue stick touch there plam or are they useing just there fingers examples :efren fingers lose grip, buddy hall hand and fingers tighter grip. also if you hit low because of the slope downward and the roundness of the ball it will automaticaly go downward the how the cue is held from above examples will determine the out come of the tip. also people who tend to stand more erect will have there cue touching the felt alot. i figured alot of this out by many hours of trying different stance,grips,ways of addressing the cue ball ect. my advice to you aspiring young players is to do much expermenting till you find what works for your body type . but there are absolutes in pool and one of them is hitting the cue ball accurately and its up to you to make it so. hope this helps

drivermaker
03-12-2005, 08:59 AM
[COLOR=Navy] I do think that you would have seen more post from Mark like these if he were not chased out of here. I like to hear the stories from the past. I think that he had more stories from the past that he would have shared that would have been interesting to hear.

Quote:
THIS SHOT CAN BE MADE BUT IT DEPENDS ON HOW CLOSE THE CUE IS TO THE OBJECT BALL . IF YOUR TALKING 6 INCHES OR LESS YES. BUT MORE THAN THAT AND FROZEN MABEY NOT,THERE IS A POINT IT CANNOT BE MADE AND GET SHAPE UP TABLE
12-14-2004, 08:06 AM

this should help those of you that didnt know this so you can be aware of it..now whether the tip touches the cloth or not after delivery obviously has to do with dropping the arm and how far back someone holds the cue, and how tight there grip is and if they use all five fingers to play and does there cue stick touch there plam or are they useing just there fingers examples :efren fingers lose grip, buddy hall hand and fingers tighter grip. also if you hit low because of the slope downward and the roundness of the ball it will automaticaly go downward the how the cue is held from above examples will determine the out come of the tip. also people who tend to stand more erect will have there cue touching the felt alot. i figured alot of this out by many hours of trying different stance,grips,ways of addressing the cue ball ect. my advice to you aspiring young players is to do much expermenting till you find what works for your body type . but there are absolutes in pool and one of them is hitting the cue ball accurately and its up to you to make it so. hope this helps

Ahhh yes...that was a good post to jog my memory and I remember it now. It was a super post and one of which everyone would have liked to see more of, as well as going into more detail regarding his thinking on subjects like this. But according to the stats for members, he made 195 posts and this was 1 of less than a handful with substance. Everyone likes to hear stories from the past and it's too bad he didn't tell more of them. He played the group great because he got THEM to tell the stories of his past, I'll give him credit there.

He wasn't chased out of here, simple as that. He drifted on his own. If he opted to come back, I'd be the first to welcome him and help fend off any flamers. However, I'd also like to be one of the first in line to want to pick his brain and expect some patience on his part with answers and not be evasive as before. If he's happier on the one-pocket forum, so be it. If those that want to hear more stories or insturction out of him so bad go there and ask him to expound, he just might do that. But I ain't goin' and I doubt that he'd be any more responsive there as he was here. That's my take on it.

T411
03-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Ahhh yes...that was a good post to jog my memory and I remember it now. It was a super post and one of which everyone would have liked to see more of, as well as going into more detail regarding his thinking on subjects like this. But according to the stats for members, he made 195 posts and this was 1 of less than a handful with substance. Everyone likes to hear stories from the past and it's too bad he didn't tell more of them. He played the group great because he got THEM to tell the stories of his past, I'll give him credit there.

He wasn't chased out of here, simple as that. He drifted on his own. If he opted to come back, I'd be the first to welcome him and help fend off any flamers. However, I'd also like to be one of the first in line to want to pick his brain and expect some patience on his part with answers and not be evasive as before. If he's happier on the one-pocket forum, so be it. If those that want to hear more stories or insturction out of him so bad go there and ask him to expound, he just might do that. But I ain't goin' and I doubt that he'd be any more responsive there as he was here. That's my take on it.

Like I said, I respect that you have an opinion. :)

DaveK
03-12-2005, 10:57 AM

He did start to tell us why he quit gambling, he just never finished telling us. I searched his AZ postings on more than one occasion looking for insight, there was none. I don't care one way or the other ... now that the storm is over ... there are lots here now that provide excellent material for thought and/or practice.

Dave, who also welcomes back the dm, some threads are in need of your wisedom

TATE
03-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Welcome back Drivermaker!

Tadd definitely had his moments.

He did say something I had never heard or seen before. He basically said, take your stance and address the cueball. Put your tip up very close to the cueball and watch it. It moves around. This is what results in inconsistencies.

Chris

MrLucky
03-12-2005, 01:33 PM

This site seems so full of folks that do not tolerate others views or offerings but at the same time do not offer anything themselves beyond criticism, racial baiting and other assorted drivel is this a pool site or a KKK and good old boys commitee meeting? :confused:

MrLucky
03-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Welcome back Drivermaker!

Tadd definitely had his moments.

He did say something I had never heard or seen before. He basically said, take your stance and address the cueball. Put your tip up very close to the cueball and watch it. It moves around. This is what results in inconsistencies.

Chris

Hi Chris! :) I was about to write off this forum good to see someone with a positive outlook and information ! Phil :cool:

TATE
03-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Hi Chris! :) I was about to write off this forum good to see someone with a positive outlook and information ! Phil :cool:

Mr. Lucky,

How are you?

This forum is a lot of fun. I'll vouch for Drivermaker - he's a good guy and so are you. He is also a cue buff. You can usually find some fun in the cue section. Why don't you post a photo of your old Palmer in it and tell the story. It's not every day that we can see one that was made before Gene Balner had his own shop!

Chris

drivermaker
03-12-2005, 03:09 PM
This site seems so full of folks that do not tolerate others views or offerings but at the same time do not offer anything themselves beyond criticism, racial baiting and other assorted drivel is this a pool site or a KKK and good old boys commitee meeting? :confused:

Well...let's see here Mr. Unlucky, I'm a little confused myself. Out of 22 whole posts that you've made on this forum, 2 have now been directed pointedly at me in a negative fashion in the last 2 days, and I haven't even posted in about 2 months. How and when did you become such an expert on all the goin's on here in such a short period of time? How did you come to form your concrete opinions so rapidly?

Yep...Tate is a real good guy and someone whose opinion I do respect. But I don't know where you're coming from and why unless you're just an ex combative big mouth New Yorka with an ax to grind or somebody else that's using an alias to start some crap. BTW, just so you don't take THAT and twist it, I always look forward to SJM's posts, Jude's, Jen's, and yes, at one time Bernie's also...super New Yorka's.

The archives might be carrying an obituary in the nearby future of someone that suffered an unfortunate death from verbal decapitation. I doubt that it will be mine.

If you WEREN'T directing your comment to me, even though you used my quote and then included "so full of folks" then I apologize for taking it the wrong way. However, since we're at it...would you like to specifically name some of "these other folks"? You've now aroused my curiosity.

MrLucky
03-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Well...let's see here Mr. Unlucky, I'm a little confused myself. Out of 22 whole posts that you've made on this forum, 2 have now been directed pointedly at me in a negative fashion in the last 2 days, and I haven't even posted in about 2 months. How and when did you become such an expert on all the goin's on here in such a short period of time? How did you come to form your concrete opinions so rapidly?

Yep...Tate is a real good guy and someone whose opinion I do respect. But I don't know where you're coming from and why unless you're just an ex combative big mouth New Yorka with an ax to grind or somebody else that's using an alias to start some crap. BTW, just so you don't take THAT and twist it, I always look forward to SJM's posts, Jude's, Jen's, and yes, at one time Bernie's also...super New Yorka's.

The archives might be carrying an obituary in the nearby future of someone that suffered an unfortunate death from verbal decapitation. I doubt that it will be mine.

If you WEREN'T directing your comment to me, even though you used my quote and then included "so full of folks" then I apologize for taking it the wrong way. However, since we're at it...would you like to specifically name some of "these other folks"? You've now aroused my curiosity.

I am not biting ! LOL! not getting dragged into your little games! try that one on someone that it will work on I'm not the one ! Peace for what its worth!
:)

drivermaker
03-12-2005, 03:46 PM
I am not biting ! LOL! not getting dragged into your little games! try that one on someone that it will work on I'm not the one ! Peace for what its worth!
:)

There's always worth to peace. I don't want to drag you into games or anything, since it was only yesterday, wasn't it YOU that first had the choice words toward me? If you're not biting on this, try biting the tongue before posting which can also work... give it a whirl.
Peace to you also...and a hot piece to both of us...and hopefully nobody gets
pee'sed off again.

thebigdog
03-12-2005, 04:25 PM

He did get chased off, thats ok, I am glad his is playing again at least. I would love to see him match up with T-Rex in one pocket.

drivermaker
03-12-2005, 04:38 PM
He did get chased off, thats ok, I am glad his is playing again at least. I would love to see him match up with T-Rex in one pocket.

Who chased him and what were the defining posts that did him in? There were some things said in the beginning and shortly thereafter, which might have been the time to be chased off, but when he left he was accepted and noone was giving him flak.

Yeah, good that a man with real talent is playing, but anybody have any insights as to why he changed his mind 180 degrees on the gambling at pool issue? Please don't tell me it was something as simple as (heaven forbid) MONEY?

Rude Dog
03-12-2005, 04:40 PM
Mark is welcome back here anytime he wants to join in. He wasn't chased away by anyone, but he may have felt that way with all of the negative replies he received. I feel as though he brought it on himself. He started the threads in which he received many replies asking him questions that he never answered. He also started the thread about if he was really Mark Tad. In my book, that's just asking for trouble. I like Mark and he is/was a great player, but, in a public forum such as this, you're going to get quite a few that don't want to play those games. Also, being the player he was, he was looked up to by others for advice in which he rarely answered. JMHO, peace, John.

frankncali
03-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Very well stated. I thought it was vintage Mark Tadd. The guy is a little
out there as most of us are. His past and some of the things that happened
are strange. The fact is that he could play to a very high level. It was not that he shot a shot or two from this level but rather he would catch a gear
for a long long while and be in that level. At times I found watching him
almost mesmerizing. I could watch and see where the trouble was and where he needed to be and then he would get there. Time and time again.

When I was learning how to play (still am) I was lucky to be around good players. I found that many just dont know how to tell you what they are doing or that they really cant explain it. They just are able to perform it.

I wish he would come back here if nothing else to answer some easy questions and give insight into being on the road. The guy has had a very intersting life. Between pool and poker he has gambled and has been under the gun more than I can imagine.
As for the internet boards....I think people tend to express any thought they might have as soon as they get in online. Some good some bad.
Some can ruin good things for the majority. This board seems to be pretty level.
Hopefully Mark will get back to his old form so people that did not know of him
will be able to see him play.

Mark is welcome back here anytime he wants to join in. He wasn't chased away by anyone, but he may have felt that way with all of the negative replies he received. I feel as though he brought it on himself. He started the threads in which he received many replies asking him questions that he never answered. He also started the thread about if he was really Mark Tad. In my book, that's just asking for trouble. I like Mark and he is/was a great player, but, in a public forum such as this, you're going to get quite a few that don't want to play those games. Also, being the player he was, he was looked up to by others for advice in which he rarely answered. JMHO, peace, John.

Ted Harris
03-12-2005, 07:34 PM
But he was mainly a west coast player
He busted the whole country, not just the west coast!

sjm
03-12-2005, 08:12 PM

An extremely accurate post, Rude dog. That's exactly how I remember it.

Rickw
03-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Frankncali,

"When I was learning how to play (still am) I was lucky to be around good players. I found that many just dont know how to tell you what they are doing or that they really cant explain it. They just are able to perform it."

Great point Frank! Think Efren could explain all his magic? He just has a gift that can't be explained!

TheOne
03-12-2005, 11:33 PM
An extremely accurate post, Rude dog. That's exactly how I remember it.

Have to agree Rude Dog, I wanted to add something similar but you hit the nail on the head. Shame though, he sounds like he was a very good player, but then that doesn't mean you are a very good forum member?

LastTwo
03-13-2005, 01:41 AM
I saw a couple videos of him playing, I really was impressed with his game and his style.

This is a little hard to explain, but I'm sure most of you have noticed that alot of amatuer players have a tendency to rush their shots, especially in games like 9-ball. Most of them do that because they like to show off, they don't take time to visualize patterns for position play, etc. It's kind of like they are trying to tell everyone that they 'automatically know what to do', so without thinking they get down and shoot, and haven't decided on an exact path for the cueball to follow for position.

My point is, that Mark did this, but not recklessly. He didn't 'pretend' like he knew everything, he DID know what to do, and he executed everything perfectly. He didn't rush shots or anything like that, he would simply take a few seconds to verify his pattern plan with himself, and execute it like it was cake. I've never, NEVER seen anyone do this so perfectly and with such extreme confidence.

He seemed so nonchalant, like nothing could faze him, and him casually chewing gum kind of helped that image. I know that Nick Varner chews gum, but if you watch Nick, I've noticed that he seems cautious, sometimes almost too cautious. Mark is different, I'm sure he was cautious with his shots and patterns, but he sure as hell didn't show it. Imagine playing a set or an ahead set with a guy who just won't crack, kind of like what Fats did to Fast Eddie in the movie "The Hustler".

By watching him play, I could tell how intelligent he was, how his brain automatically saw the simplest way to get out, or a chain of shots leading down to a brilliant safety. The guy was a pure genius. He was an amazing, fast paced player, but took his time when he needed to. Mark basically displayed that he had complete self control, it really showed when I saw him play, that he took that final stroke when he was 100% sure what he was doing, and he probably didn't have to think too much about it. Seemed like everything just came naturally to him. I hope that makes sense, but that is the impression I got from him.

I talked to Mark via e-mail and he told me that all the years of gambling left a bad taste in his mouth, which makes alot of sense to me.

stevelomako
03-13-2005, 02:17 AM
This is to everyone that thinks because they ask Mark Tadd (or anyone else) a question he has to answer it.

WHY DOES HE HAVE TO?

Ask anyone anything, if you get an answer fine, if not.....so what! There's alot more in life going on than just this forum and people expect a reply IMMEDIATELY sometimes, come on.

Rude Dog
03-13-2005, 08:09 AM
This is to everyone that thinks because they ask Mark Tadd (or anyone else) a question he has to answer it.

WHY DOES HE HAVE TO?

Ask anyone anything, if you get an answer fine, if not.....so what! There's alot more in life going on than just this forum and people expect a reply IMMEDIATELY sometimes, come on.
You're right Steve, nobody HAS to reply to anything on here just because they are asked but when you see a guy post 200 times in a few weeks you'd think he could at least acknowledge the question. It's like telling a joke without the punchline, getting everyone to guess what it is, then never revealing it. No big deal though, if the guy don't wanna answer, so be it. BTW, you ever hear the one about the drunk in the bar with the dog? Peace, John.

hemicudas
03-13-2005, 08:26 AM
You're right Steve, nobody HAS to reply to anything on here just because they are asked but when you see a guy post 200 times in a few weeks you'd think he could at least acknowledge the question. It's like telling a joke without the punchline, getting everyone to guess what it is, then never revealing it. No big deal though, if the guy don't wanna answer, so be it. BTW, you ever hear the one about the drunk in the bar with the dog? Peace, John.

You make legit points, John. Playing devil's advocate for a sec here, Mark had posted on onepocket.org of being back in stroke and looking for someone to hit the road with. If he did find someone and did hit the road again, his departure from here and other sites would be immediate and assuming he has no laptop, his departure from here would look abrupt.

I have no information as to this being what happened. Just a possibility, because he hasn't posted on onepocket.org in a while either.

sjm
03-13-2005, 08:27 AM

WHY DOES HE HAVE TO?

In a period in which Tadd, by his own choice, was spending a huge amount of time on the forum, he was, as it seems everyone agrees, inclined not to offer information, even after claiming he intended to. The truth is that the forum consists primarily of people inclined to communicate and to share knowledge and information.

I'd rather communicate on the forum with someone who knows a little but is willing to share it than with someone who knows a lot but isn't willing to share any of it. This forum imporved when Tadd left. If he were to return with an inclination to communicate and to share, his arrival would meet with my highest enthusiasm. I'll believe it when I see it!

T411
03-13-2005, 09:44 AM

WHY DOES HE HAVE TO?

TAP, TAP, TAP
People on forums get on them for different reasons. People get on them to communicate (social chat), to find information, to give information, and to stir things up to different degrees, fun included. Some people like to start threads; some people like to jump in the middle. I think it is funny that some people welcome other people on here with their conditions, or expectations. With the exception of posts that get personal, rude or belligerent, I’m grateful for anything shared, be it humor, information, a chit or a chat. ;) :)

MrLucky
03-13-2005, 11:18 AM
TAP, TAP, TAP
People on forums get on them for different reasons. People get on them to communicate (social chat), to find information, to give information, and to stir things up to different degrees, fun included. Some people like to start threads; some people like to jump in the middle. I think it is funny that some people welcome other people on here with their conditions, or expectations. With the exception of posts that get personal, rude or belligerent, I’m grateful for anything shared, be it humor, information, a chit or a chat. ;) :)
Could not agree with your philosophy / analogy more! .... Please reprint in caps for the hard of reading! :(

drivermaker
03-13-2005, 03:38 PM
[COLOR=Navy]TAP, TAP, TAP
People on forums get on them for different reasons. People get on them to communicate (social chat), to find information, to give information, and to stir things up to different degrees, fun included.

After looking at Mark Tadd's posts, and especially some of the initial threads that he started, such as "Am I The Real Mark Tadd" what do you think his reasons were for coming on here?

bruin70
03-13-2005, 04:16 PM
After looking at Mark Tadd's posts, and especially some of the initial threads that he started, such as "Am I The Real Mark Tadd" what do you think his reasons were for coming on here?

well,,,for one thing, people were always asking about him. he was/is a fascinating pure talent. that's probably why he would title a post "am i the real mark tadd". he probably wanted to address that issue right off.

Williebetmore
03-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Well, just to stir things up, I've spoken to 3 veteran road players (of extremely high caliber), all of whom lump Mark Tadd in with the group of "just another good shortstop" (which is still certainly an admirable accomplishment). I have always wondered if the forum was overestimating his skills (and the skills of other regional "really good shortstops"). I have always felt that the top pro's are definitely at a noticeably higher level than the shortstops (part of the fun at DCC is observing the 2 groups competing). I think competing at a game like 9-ball tends to blur this difference, since even an A or B player can beat a pro the occasional game, and a shortstop can even beat them in a short race.

Having said that, I enjoy any posts that are informative, no matter the playing caliber of the poster. Should Mark ever compete anywhere around here, I would make it a point to observe.

bruin70
03-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Well, just to stir things up, I've spoken to 3 veteran road players (of extremely high caliber), all of whom lump Mark Tadd in with the group of "just another good shortstop" (which is still certainly an admirable accomplishment). I have always wondered if the forum was overestimating his skills (and the skills of other regional "really good shortstops"). I have always felt that the top pro's are definitely at a noticeably higher level than the shortstops (part of the fun at DCC is observing the 2 groups competing). I think competing at a game like 9-ball tends to blur this difference, since even an A or B player can beat a pro the occasional game, and a shortstop can even beat them in a short race.

Having said that, I enjoy any posts that are informative, no matter the playing caliber of the poster. Should Mark ever compete anywhere around here, I would make it a point to observe.

i have almost zero experience watching tadd, but i know that in the mid 90's he was spotting frankie hernandez and ginky the 6,,,,,,,,,,and winning , i believe. a couple of other chelsea-ites who had more opportunities to watch him there said he was the best they ever saw.

what's the level of a shortstop anyway? sounds derogatory. i've heard it many times but it has never been explained to me what level that is.

Williebetmore
03-13-2005, 05:33 PM
i have almost zero experience watching tadd, but i know that in the mid 90's he was spotting frankie hernandez and ginky the 6,,,,,,,,,,and winning , i believe. a couple of other chelsea-ites who had more opportunities to watch him there said he was the best they ever saw.

what's the level of a shortstop anyway? sounds derogatory. i've heard it many times but it has never been explained to me what level that is.

B70,
Actually I think a shortstop is a great local player, just not to the level of the top pro's. My goal in life (pool related that is) is to become a shortstop. The term "shortstop" to me is actually a compliment. I think it used in a derogatory fashion only by the top pro's (who feast on the shortstops).

The players I spoke to never related any knowledge of him handing out spots to anyone at a high level. They just related relieving him of some cash. They thought he would require weight from the best players. If he was giving such players weight, then he would probably be way above shortstop class. However, as was discussed in the DCC threads; large spots in 9-ball mean a lot less to the top players. When Lil John was getting the 6 and the last 3 from Marcus Chamat, it did not look like the spot made all that much difference - it looked like he could have given the same spot TO Chamat and had the outcome be fairly similar. I'm not sure 9-ball results are the best way to rank players. What I would like is for one of the top pro's to weigh in and say Tadd was better than they were - that would count for a lot (I've found 3 that don't think so - but then again, the top players never think anyone is better than they are, that's how they protect their ego's). I've never seen Tadd play, so I'll defer his classification to the posters that have (as long as they acknowledge that there is a difference in skill level between the top pro's and the average pro's - I really believe there is one).

P.S. - it is not a bad idea to consider all internet related tales of victories and spots as apocryphal (including the ones I've heard from the pro's).

bruin70
03-13-2005, 05:57 PM
B70,
Actually I think a shortstop is a great local player, just not to the level of the top pro's. My goal in life (pool related that is) is to become a shortstop. The term "shortstop" to me is actually a compliment. I think it used in a derogatory fashion only by the top pro's (who feast on the shortstops).

The players I spoke to never related any knowledge of him handing out spots to anyone at a high level. They just related relieving ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, What I would like is for one of the top pro's to weigh in and say Tadd was better than they were - that would count for a lot (I've found 3 that don't think so - but then again, the top players never think anyone is better than they are,,,,,,,,,,,,.

yup,,,you'll never hear a complimentary word out of any player's mouth. i do know and did see tadd play hatch even. now,,,,,,,,,,tadd got his butt kicked because hatch just broke and ran the whole evening. nothing tadd could do but watch. on the ONE time that hatch didn't sink a ball on the break, tadd sprang up, ran the rack in less than a minute,,,,then broke,,,sank nothing,,,and once again was relegated to the chair.

well, tad thought he was good enough to play hatch even, anyway.

drivermaker
03-13-2005, 06:12 PM
well,,,for one thing, people were always asking about him. he was/is a fascinating pure talent.

Oooh...that must have been before my time on here. When did that occur and how often was his name mentioned? Personally, I don't remember one until the self-aggrandizing started. Fascinating pure talent...I believe that wholeheartedly because a number of members on here in the know that I trust and respect have said so.

Celtic
03-13-2005, 06:46 PM
The players I spoke to never related any knowledge of him handing out spots to anyone at a high level. They just related relieving him of some cash. They thought he would require weight from the best players. If he was giving such players weight, then he would probably be way above shortstop class. However, as was discussed in the DCC threads; large spots in 9-ball mean a lot less to the top players. When Lil John was getting the 6 and the last 3 from Marcus Chamat, it did not look like the spot made all that much difference - it looked like he could have given the same spot TO Chamat and had the outcome be fairly similar. I'm not sure 9-ball results are the best way to rank players. What I would like is for one of the top pro's to weigh in and say Tadd was better than they were - that would count for a lot (I've found 3 that don't think so - but then again, the top players never think anyone is better than they are, that's how they protect their ego's). I've never seen Tadd play, so I'll defer his classification to the posters that have (as long as they acknowledge that there is a difference in skill level between the top pro's and the average pro's - I really believe there is one).

A good shortstop? Your nuts if you think so man, Mark was WAY above that level, you can ask Kieth about that if you want. Who were these top road players you talked too? Seems if they are going to trash a guys pool playing skills online and claim to have beaten him for cash via you then they should at least be identified.

bruin70
03-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Oooh...that must have been before my time on here. When did that occur and how often was his name mentioned? Personally, I don't remember one until the self-aggrandizing started. Fascinating pure talent...I believe that wholeheartedly because a number of members on here in the know that I trust and respect have said so.

his name wasn't OFTEN brought. just,,,,,,,,you know ,,,every once in a while. and usually that kind of curiousity is reserved for those very special players who disappear

sjm
03-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Well, just to stir things up, I've spoken to 3 veteran road players (of extremely high caliber), all of whom lump Mark Tadd in with the group of "just another good shortstop" (which is still certainly an admirable accomplishment).

Willie, I'm guessing that Keith McCready wasn't among those you spoke to. In October in a thread about Tadd in McCready's Ask the Pros forum, Keith posted the following, referring back to the early 90's, when he and Tadd matched up more than a few times.

.....On a 9-footer, we'd play even......

Anyone who could gamble playing even with Keith McCready in the early 90s is something more than a shortstop.

frankncali
03-13-2005, 08:03 PM
If you spoke with 3 high caliber Road Players and they all would label
Mark Tadd as another SHORTSTOP I would figure they were pulling your leg.

At one time he played everyone even or gave up weight. Thats no shortstop.
I watched him with my own eyes offer Archer the eight and Archer said no.
I watched him give the 8 to Scotty Townsend and beat him. Scotty is above a shortstop level and was playing very well then. And that was on the bar table.
I would love to now who the three guys were that labeled him a shortstop.
But I feel that they might have just been understating how he played
on purpose. Like saying Jordan or Bird was pretty good at basketball.

Hopefully he will get back to playing to the same level he once was.

There are always guys that are not known nationally that can really really play. A few that come to mind
CJ Wiley -- no one had ever heard of him but he had already been across
the US a couple times busting everyone.
Craig or Greg Stephens -- I have heard he was one of the best ever.
Not many have ever heard of him.
Brian Atchley -- He played Pro level and very few then or now know of
him. As Snap Magazine stated he was "Baron of the Bar Boxes"

Will Pay-- goes by several names but is a true road dog. Plays great and
stays low even better. He has made several trips across the country and
usually ALWAYS gets the money.

Mark Tadd-- was more known in the southwest but was really only known in name. Not alot of pictures or TV then. He could go across country with very
little risk of being spotted. Did not matter. What I liked when I saw him was that he was not only about getting easy action. I saw him give up
weight even to low level players. He gave up the 6-out to a guy in a bowling alley for $5 a game. They had started even!! My buddy was the crazy one on the losing end of that one. Mark kept offering the spots even when not asked. It was on a bar table and that was probably the most racks I have ever seen ran from the break. Not in a row but over a period of time.

Ted Harris
03-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Well, just to stir things up, I've spoken to 3 veteran road players (of extremely high caliber), all of whom lump Mark Tadd in with the group of "just another good shortstop" (which is still certainly an admirable accomplishment). I have always wondered if the forum was overestimating his skills.
Just another good shortstop? Not hardly.

thebigdog
03-13-2005, 08:53 PM

Why don't you ask some top players on this board that knew him if he was a shorstop? Keith has already vouched for him. Do you consider Keith a shortshop? Because 10 years ago they would play even, and Keith didn't have to like that at all. He was not just a shortstop, he played anyone willing to play him and most champions would not step up to him. I can tell you right now he was not a shortstop, and having basically grown up in a pool hall, and having a dad who you would probobly consider to be a "really good shortstop", I think I know the difference between the two. Guys like Ernesto and Raphael who were not shortshops eiher would not play this guy without weight. You mentioned the DCC, in 1993 the Los Angeles Open was held, it had the exact same format as DCC, a nine ball tournament, one pocket, and banks. All the legendary one pocket players attended, and just about all the great nineball players where there also, Efren included. Mark Tadd took first place in 9-ball, first place in the Banks, and 2nd place in the one pocket. Has anyone ever had a run like that at the DCC?

jay helfert
03-13-2005, 09:01 PM
He is in Arizona playing poker.

thanks

VAP

jay helfert
03-13-2005, 09:09 PM
Mark Tadd was no shortstop.
Mark was a top player! One of the best in the world at 9-Ball. He won two of three divisions in the 1994 Los Angeles Open (9-Ball and Banks). Only Steve Cook beat him in the One Pocket final. He won 26K in that tournament.
Mark had a big game. He could string racks and keep his opponents in the chair. Unfortunately he was temperamental and often rubbed people the wrong way. You might say he got out of line once in a while, to his own detriment. He can still play, but has sworn off pool (or at least gambling at pool). You never know, if the tournaments ever got big enough, I wouldn't be surprised to see him.

B70,

P.S. - it is not a bad idea to consider all internet related tales of victories and spots as apocryphal (including the ones I've heard from the pro's).

Rude Dog
03-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Mark was a top player! One of the best in the world at 9-Ball. He won two of three divisions in the 1994 Los Angeles Open (9-Ball and Banks). Only Steve Cook beat him in the One Pocket final. He won 26K in that tournament.
Mark had a big game. He could string racks and keep his opponents in the chair. Unfortunately he was temperamental and often rubbed people the wrong way. You might say he got out of line once in a while, to his own detriment. He can still play, but has sworn off pool (or at least gambling at pool). You never know, if the tournaments ever got big enough, I wouldn't be surprised to see him.
Hey Jay, how ya been? Saw you on tv recently, I'm sure you know what show. Hope you're doin' good, peace, John.

vagabond
03-13-2005, 09:39 PM
He won two of three divisions in the 1994 Los Angeles Open (9-Ball and Banks). Only Steve Cook beat him in the One Pocket final. He won 26K in that tournament

Howdy Toupee Jay,
How are you? Are u sure it was in 1994? I thought that it was in Aug/Sep 1993.I know that you were the producer/promoter of that tournament.i am getting old and can`t remember the things anymore.cheers
Vagabond

jay helfert
03-13-2005, 10:18 PM
I believe he is in Arizona playing poker.

thanks

VAP

Josh Palmer
03-14-2005, 12:48 AM
When Rafael was living in L.A., he told me that Mark WAS one of the best, and shot much straighter than Strickland. If that ain't a compliment, I don't know what is. He said he was AWESOME to watch when he was on.

Bobby
03-14-2005, 01:22 AM

I'm surprised that these players said that he was a
shortstop. I only saw him once on an accu-stats tape
a long time ago, I'd say the match was from '92 or
'93 and he was playing Sigel, I think. Tadd didn't
win the match but he certainly played better than a
shortstop.

drivermaker
03-14-2005, 06:16 AM
hope i won't start a shitstorm here
VAP

Hey VAP...I think it's currently being classified in the Category 3 range...

MrLucky
03-14-2005, 07:17 AM
Hey VAP...I think it's currently being classified in the Category 3 range...

I hate to sound dumb, but who is Mark Tad ? I never heard of him prior to coming here! and why is everyone so concerned with where he went???? :confused:

drivermaker
03-14-2005, 07:24 AM
I hate to sound dumb, but who is Mark Tad ? I never heard of him prior to coming here! and why is everyone so concerned with where he went???? :confused:

You know...I think we're finally starting to think along the same lines. Don't know how long it'll last, but at least it's a beginning.

MrLucky
03-14-2005, 07:28 AM
You know...I think we're finally starting to think along the same lines. Don't know how long it'll last, but at least it's a beginning.

I'm sorry was that an answer? :confused:

drivermaker
03-14-2005, 07:36 AM
I'm sorry was that an answer? :confused:

I have no problem with answers...you seem to though. Your question about Mark Tadd might also upgrade it to a Category 4 shitstorm.

For ALL of the answers to your question, click on to Members List, go down alphabetically to M, find Mark Tadd, and have a blast reading all of the threads that he started as well as all of his posts. You too can become a Mark Tadd expert and groupie.

And yes Regis...that's my final answer.

MrLucky
03-14-2005, 07:40 AM
I have no problem with answers...you seem to though....:mad: Your question about Mark Tadd might also upgrade it to a Category 4 shitstorm.

For ALL of the answers to your question, click on to Members List, go down alphabetically to M, find Mark Tadd, and have a blast reading all of the threads that he started as well as all of his posts. You too can become a Mark Tadd expert and groupie.

And yes Regis...that's my final answer.

Ever hear of the play Your arms are too short to box with God? :)

drivermaker
03-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Ever hear of the play Your arms are too short to box with God? :)

As I said, you have a TERRIBLE time with answers. You must have gone to the Mark Tadd school of evasion, even though the two of you never met.

Hey goofball, that was another question...not an answer. Go visit Mark Tadd's threads and posts and come back with some answers of your own.
You wanted to know who he was, now you know. Go research and don't come back for about 3 years.

MrLucky
03-14-2005, 07:53 AM
As I said, you have a TERRIBLE time with answers. You must have gone to the Mark Tadd school of evasion, even though the two of you never met.

Hey goofball, that was another question...not an answer. Go visit Mark Tadd's threads and posts and come back with some answers of your own.
You wanted to know who he was, now you know. Go research and don't come back for about 3 years.

Anger management and how to make friends and influence people courses are in order for you ! :) have a good day ranting and trying to mess with someone elses head ! :D

T411
03-14-2005, 07:54 AM

I think that he was having some fun just like some other people on here do. He was not rude or belligerent, even when people got personal with him. I enjoyed his post and liked how he strung people on and had us coming back for more. :)

drivermaker
03-14-2005, 08:12 AM
I think that he was having some fun just like some other people on here do. He was not rude or belligerent, even when people got personal with him. I enjoyed his post and liked how he strung people on and had us coming back for more. :)

Well T411, unlike Mark and Mr. Unlucky, at least you answered my question. See, that wasn't too hard. Shouldn't have been for him either.

Your thoughts on it could be as much on the mark as any, who knows.

Maybe he was using the forum to get his nerve and frame of mind for playing pool back again. He wasn't playing much if any at the time, was against gambling, and seemed to have a bad taste in his mouth from the past. Once he made his presence known and all of the stories and accolades came pouring in about his skills, ability, and past performances, he got jacked up again and regained the desire to want to start practicing and playing. Now, he wants to go back on the road to gamble and do what he once did. Again, who knows. I'd be surprised if he ever came back and told.

drivermaker
03-14-2005, 08:19 AM
Anger management and how to make friends and influence people courses are in order for you ! :) have a good day ranting and trying to mess with someone elses head ! :D

Ahhh yes...a man so full of advice, yet a man with no real answers. I already am influencing you since you continue to respond LOL, but trust me when I say this...we ain't EVER gonna become friends and I think there's a mutual desire for that result, wouldn't you agree? Oooops...that sets you up for a direct answer, that ain't gonna happen either, will it? :p

T411
03-14-2005, 08:29 AM
I'd be surprised if he ever came back and told.

You may just be right; I would bet that he has more important things to do but that’s only a guess also. ;)

DaveK
03-14-2005, 08:31 AM

I recall thinking "how curious that this fellow would appear on the forum after others asked of him". There were a few posts (3-6) asking about him over the months before he joined, I'm near positive on that, but too lazy to check. Now, he's faded to where we only have his smile ... curiouser and curiouser ...

Dave

T-dog
03-14-2005, 08:59 AM
I think he just used this site as a time passer. We all know Mark played and continues to play poker. I think he was playing online poker and like most of us its easy to start to play too many hands. Instead of getting bored while waiting for a hand to finish he jumps arounf on message boards and posts silly shit.....just to be silly. It doesnt matter, a few minutes later new cards are delt and away he goes........

drivermaker
03-14-2005, 09:03 AM
You may just be right; I would bet that he has more important things to do but that’s only a guess also. ;)

What???....More important than visiting all of his good buddies on AZ?? Sounds like he might need an overhaul of his priorities, who wants to go on the record books as just a "fair weather friend"?

T411
03-14-2005, 09:05 AM
Now, he's faded to where we only have his smile ... curiouser and curiouser ...

Dave

...from this great big world of AzBilliards fourm. :rolleyes: ;)

jay helfert
03-14-2005, 09:12 AM
Howdy Toupee Jay,
How are you? Are u sure it was in 1994? I thought that it was in Aug/Sep 1993.I know that you were the producer/promoter of that tournament.i am getting old and can`t remember the things anymore.cheers
Vagabond

Think you're right about those dates. Thanks for correcting me. I've done so many tournaments, they all run together sometimes. That one was memorable for the way Mark T. dominated very strong fields. 128 players (full field) in 9-Ball, 77 players in One Pocket and something like 50 in Banks.
Jay

JAM
03-14-2005, 09:14 AM
If I may interpose a thought about Mark, I had complete empathy for him when he first posted on the forum. He may have jumped into the forum with both feet, eager to participate and enjoy the pool-related topics. He was greeted with some good posts, and some not so very good. I'm sorry to see that he's not posting anymore and think it is a loss to some folks who may be friends with him as well as to those who may be interested to hear what makes a pool player tick from his own words.

Maybe he'll come back someday and receive a good welcome. As one who has suffered at the hands of a repository of sucker-punchers and bullies on the Internet, it's not easy being a "Newbie," and it's even worse if you're a Newbie with the celebrity status of a player like Mark. He was a main figure in the pool world in his time, which is noteworthy AND worthy of respect (IMO).

Definitely JMHO, FWIW!

JAM

T411
03-14-2005, 09:20 AM
What???....More important than visiting all of his good buddies on AZ?? Sounds like he might need an overhaul of his priorities, who wants to go on the record books as just a "fair weather friend"?

Well Drivmaker, you know what they say; with friends like this… :rolleyes: :p

MrLucky
03-14-2005, 12:14 PM
many many more Important things hopefully ! :D

MrLucky
03-14-2005, 12:22 PM
Ahhh yes...a man so full of advice, yet a man with no real answers. I already am influencing you since you continue to respond LOL, but trust me when I say this...we ain't EVER gonna become friends and I think there's a mutual desire for that result, wouldn't you agree? Oooops...that sets you up for a direct answer, that ain't gonna happen either, will it? :p

:D I did not come to a internet bulletin board to make "friends" nor did I come here to make enemies! though you seem to try hard to do both :rolleyes: I have a life in the real world with enough real friends to suit me, I think as long as you stick to your "FLAME" threads and I stick to my Pool related threads it won't matter much so on that I will leave you to drivel on! I'm sure that a malcontent like yourself that believes his power and mark in life is his ability to screw with others will make at least two or more post in response to try and feel in control LOL! :cool: But sir I am done so talk to the hand as they say! :cool:

drivermaker
03-14-2005, 01:13 PM
I think as long as you stick to your "FLAME" threads and I stick to my Pool related threads it won't matter much

Why don't you stick your thumb up your ass, pull it out slowly, and then insert it back into your big mouth like a baby pacifier and suck on it for the rest of the day. Somebody that I respect on this forum PM'd me and said that you might possibly be a decent guy. All I see is a big troublemaking worthless POS. Another stalker that seems to hold a fascination with me and wants to start crap, which you did on one of my first posts since being away for 7 weeks. And now, you have me all figured out as far as who I am and what I need to do. I didn't know you from the man in the moon, yet you come on with the know-it-all highbrow attitude.

First of all, you joined this forum on March 9...5 whole days ago. Approximately 1/4 of your 39 posts or more have been directed to me or on this Mark Tadd subject. Other than the thread which you started today on the cue, you've said basically nothing in your posts. There's no content. When you speak of drivel, you're definitely a man with expertise, that's all that drools out of your mouth. And you want to go back to pool threads??? What a joke...go back then and say something for Chrissake. Additionally, I despise stalkers...and you're making it pretty evident with your first post and subsequent ones in only 4 days. I'm not stalking you, but I am answering your horseshit.

You're not done...you'll be posting back because you can't help yourself. I've seen that obsession too many times with losers in the past on here and you're one of them, or an alias from the past coming back for more. Either way let 'er fly, I fully expect it. And I know you won't be proving me wrong.

1pRoscoe
03-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Guys, can you two please hug and make up?

Jimmy M.
03-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Now, he wants to go back on the road to gamble and do what he once did. Again, who knows. I'd be surprised if he ever came back and told.

He doesn't want to go back on the road to gamble. He's done gambling on pool. After so many years of not gambling on pool, he does have me convinced that he's really quit for good. I talk to him every now and then still. Unless he took off again, he's here in Phoenix playing cards.

Rude Dog
03-14-2005, 01:34 PM
He doesn't want to go back on the road to gamble. He's done gambling on pool. After so many years of not gambling on pool, he does have me convinced that he's really quit for good. I talk to him every now and then still. Unless he took off again, he's here in Phoenix playing cards.
HA, that's what you should do Jimmy, quit pool and play cards! :D If I ever bet my V-cash on you again I hope Mike kicks me outta the forum. How could you lose in that soft field? Jeez, get over here to Kingman where the "REAL" players play and take a lesson. ;)

drivermaker
03-14-2005, 01:35 PM

Then why was it reported on here that HE was looking for a road partner to travel with to play. Is it going to be a national sight-seeing tour? When was the last time you spoke to him?

MrLucky
03-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Guys, can you two please hug and make up?

:D Hey there Rosco!

JAM
03-14-2005, 01:41 PM
HA, that's what you should do Jimmy, quit pool and play cards! :D If I ever bet my V-cash on you again I hope Mike kicks me outta the forum. How could you lose in that soft field? Jeez, get over here to Kingman where the "REAL" players play and take a lesson. ;)

Rude Dog, a good friend called me today, a guy who's probably one of the best one-pocket players in this area. He's quit pool for good, stating he's been dealing AND playing cards, making 2 dimes a week at a local card house.

According to him, he doesn't have to give up any weight, and when one guy quits, there's always another one to take their place. He said he used looked at pool as a means to make money, and now he's stuffing his pockets with greenbacks playing cards. Sad to say, he has definitely lost his passion for the game of pool, but has developed a strong desire to continue playing cards.

JAM

Rude Dog
03-14-2005, 01:44 PM
Rude Dog, a good friend called me today, a guy who's probably one of the best one-pocket players in this area. He's quit pool for good, stating he's been dealing AND playing cards, making 2 dimes a week at a local card house.

According to him, he doesn't have to give up any weight, and when one guy quits, there's always another one to take their place. He said he used looked at pool as a means to make money, and now he's stuffing his pockets with greenbacks playing cards. Sad to say, he has definitely lost his passion for the game of pool, but has developed a strong desire to continue playing cards.

JAM
HMMM, that's my kinda job, where do I sign up? Yeah, I'll take you too Jimmy, as long as you give me my V-cash back. :D

nfty9er
03-14-2005, 01:48 PM

JAM

Then how do you explain the post at onepocket.org (one pocket forums) under Road partner wanted by Mark Tademy, is that not the same person or is that posting a phony? Curious

Jimmy M.
03-14-2005, 01:48 PM
Then why was it reported on here that HE was looking for a road partner to travel with to play. Is it going to be a national sight-seeing tour? When was the last time you spoke to him?

I talked to him last week. I wouldn't take any of that talk too seriously. If he did want to go out "on the road" to play pool, I'm certain that he's talking strictly about tournament play. Since he was so open about whatever was on his mind when he was posting here, I'm sure he won't mind my saying this, but the main reason that he doesn't gamble is a religious one. I don't know why he sees poker as something different, but hey, everyone has their own individual beliefs concerning religion. Who knows? Maybe he's right. There are a lot of religious beliefs out there, all of which are "right" in the minds of the people that those beliefs belong to.

Jimmy M.
03-14-2005, 01:55 PM

You'd think I would just quit them both (I don't play cards, but I figure quitting before I even start might save me a lot of money) and just be satisfied working. If I quit my job now, I might be able to gross at least $1500 playing pool by the end of the year! The cool thing about that is, since I will have only made $1500 for the year, I might not even have to pay taxes. Hell, I'll be so broke I won't be able to pay them anyway, so right there I'm already saving money!

I think I'm on to something here. ;)

TheOne
03-14-2005, 02:17 PM
You'd think I would just quit them both (I don't play cards, but I figure quitting before I even start might save me a lot of money) and just be satisfied working. If I quit my job now, I might be able to gross at least $1500 playing pool by the end of the year! The cool thing about that is, since I will have only made $1500 for the year, I might not even have to pay taxes. Hell, I'll be so broke I won't be able to pay them anyway, so right there I'm already saving money!

Hey Jimmy, dont be sharing shit like that on a public forum, you'll have everybody quiting there jobs!

;-)

DaveK
03-14-2005, 02:51 PM
If I ever bet my V-cash on you again I hope Mike kicks me outta the forum.

Um, excuse me Mr. Rude Dog, but you need not worry .... you have no V-CASH :D

Dave, couldn't resist.

TATE
03-14-2005, 05:55 PM

But think how easy it would be to make money on the road, playing all the local champions and pros on their own equipment in their own rooms in a hostile environment with their backers. Yeessh!

sjm
03-14-2005, 06:40 PM
If I may interpose a thought about Mark, I had complete empathy for him when he first posted on the forum. He may have jumped into the forum with both feet, eager to participate and enjoy the pool-related topics. He was greeted with some good posts, and some not so very good. I'm sorry to see that he's not posting anymore and think it is a loss to some folks who may be friends with him as well as to those who may be interested to hear what makes a pool player tick from his own words. Maybe he'll come back someday and receive a good welcome.

JAM, it is rare that I disagree with you, but this time it seems to me you don't remember his early posts.

Mark was welcomed by most, but he made a major error when he made it clear he intended to share his knowledge and expereinces with the forum and, with only minimal exception, doing an about face, never opening up, and making what surely stand out as some of the worst posts ever seen on this forum, posts having no direction and, ultimately, almost no meaningful content. He also insulted the intelligence of forum members with his "Am I the Real Mark Tadd?" thread.

Now I've been around long enough to have known Mark and socialized with him. I have seen him play, and I know what kind of player he was. But so what?

I said it then and I'll say it again now. When it comes to the main forum, I'd much rather have guys like Rude Dog and Jimmy M around here. They, and others like them, are part of the pro scene and they enjoy sharing their knowledge and experiences in top competition with those on the forum.

JAM
03-14-2005, 07:36 PM
JAM, it is rare that I disagree with you....

SJM, I'm all ears -- or eyes, I should say! :p

Mark was welcomed by most, but he made a major error when he made it clear he intended to share his knowledge and expereinces with the forum and, with only minimal exception, doing an about face, never opening up, and making what surely stand out as some of the worst posts ever seen on this forum, posts having no direction and, ultimately, almost no meaningful content....

I'm going to be honest here and say that some posters have the gift of being able to communicate their thoughts in print better than others. I don't believe Mark has the capability to express his thoughts as well as some -- like you, SJM -- which sometimes can lead to unintelligible posts, posts that can be misinterpreted because of the style of the writer. :eek:

He also insulted the intelligence of forum members with his "Am I the Real Mark Tadd?" thread....

I didn't catch the whole thread, but I saw it was quite active. :D

Now I've been around long enough to have known Mark and socialized with him. I have seen him play, and I know what kind of player he was. But so what?...I said it then and I'll say it again now. When it comes to the main forum, I'd much rather have guys like Rude Dog and Jimmy M around here. They, and others like them, are part of the pro scene and they enjoy sharing their knowledge and experiences in top competition with those on the forum.

I agree that Rude Dog and Jimmy M really add to the spirit here at AzBililards Discussion Forum, but couldn't it also be a good reading experience if there were contributions from a diversified group of posters, too? I've learned quite a bit from reading some of these posts on this forum.

I empathize with the guy because I've seen players in the past make a first-time post and sometimes end up getting sucker-punched in print on the pool-related forums FOR NO REASON other than they are who they are. When it gets personal and/or it isn't a pleasant experience anymore, it's time to take a hiatus, which is most likely what Mark Tadd did. JMHO, FWIW! ;)

JAM

sjm
03-14-2005, 08:03 PM
I empathize with the guy because I've seen players in the past make a first-time post and sometimes end up getting sucker-punched in print on the pool-related forums FOR NO REASON other than they are who they are. When it gets personal and/or it isn't a pleasant experience anymore, it's time to take a hiatus, which is most likely what Mark Tadd did. JMHO, FWIW! ;)

Thanks, JAM, for a well-judged and courteous reply. I promise to keep an open mind.

Rickw
03-14-2005, 09:57 PM
Right at the top, I'm not suggesting Mark is anything but a great player and a stand-up guy but I've said this before and it needs repeating, "Just because someone is a good pool player, baseball player, football player etc., it doesn't mean that said person is a nice person. Look at Ty Cobb, one of the best baseball players of all time and it is said that he was a very mean person. Sometimes I get the feeling that people get hung up too much on hero warship and want to close their eyes to any faults a great player may have. I think this is to the detriment of not only those that have to suffer being around a jerk but to the jerk as well. People will adapt to their environment and other people are a part of that environment. If poor behavior is exhibited and that person is conseqated appropriately, there is a good chance that behavior will change for the better. One of the previous posters hit the nail right on the head about what Mark's posting behavior was and it was not exemplary so just because he was a great player does not mean he was a great poster. Maybe the next time he decides to post in a forum, he'll use a little more tact and realize that there are consequences for inappropriate posts. Whew! That was a mouthful!!

crow
03-14-2005, 10:44 PM

Hi there,

I talked to a buddy from Springfield Ohio (my hometown) that said that Mark was in Columbus about 2 weeks ago or so and was drumming up action. He gave Dee Adkins the 7 last 3 for 10,000 and won (easily I heard). So obviously he is playing again. He also offered Jason Miller the 7 last 4 or last 3 (I heard four but that sounded excessive) and Jason wouldn't play. And believe me Jason can play. Then he said he would give anyone in Ohio the 7 and someone called Cory and Tadd agreed but it didn't happen.

Granted this is all here say but it was a good friend of mine who told me. So if this is all true it is at least something to talk about.

Kevin

Celtic
03-14-2005, 11:03 PM
Why start a paragraph like that with

"I'm not suggesting Mark is anything but a great player and a stand-up guy"

and then go on to say such things as

Just because someone is a good pool player, baseball player, football player etc., it doesn't mean that said person is a nice person

and

I think this is to the detriment of not only those that have to suffer being around a jerk but to the jerk as well.

followed by

If poor behavior is exhibited and that person is conseqated appropriately, there is a good chance that behavior will change for the better. One of the previous posters hit the nail right on the head about what Mark's posting behavior was and it was not exemplary so just because he was a great player does not mean he was a great poster. Maybe the next time he decides to post in a forum, he'll use a little more tact and realize that there are consequences for inappropriate posts.

which basically makes your opening line a bunch of bullshit since you are aiming the whole post at Mark and it is not subtle that you compare him to Ty Cobb, a person you claim was a "mean person".

Mark may not have answered everyones questions and he may have messed around with the board abit with his game of "Am I the REAL Mark Tad?" thread but he was never mean or a jerk to anyone on this board. Your post you just wrote is WAY more of a personal attack on Mark then he ever unleashed on anyone else.

My question to all you people who dont like the way Mark conducted himself on this board is... Why do you expect he should cater to the every whim of the other members on this board, answer every question posed to him, and conduct himself to a HIGHER standard then the average member of this board just because he is a well known top player? There is a dual standard on this board but it is not giving the pro's more slack, if anything it is the reverse, they are judged on every little thing they do on this board to a higher standard then the normal non-professional members and any little thing that may not be 100% respectful causes the whole board to get all defensive and judgemental whereas another person such as Drivermaker, Rudedog, Rickw, Me, or any other lesser known personality basically can say what is truely on their mind and not cause the whole board to get up in arms. It is not surprising that pro's never come to these boards being that they cannot simply be themselves like everyone else is able to, we expect more from them and put their actions and participation under the microscope.

Jimmy M.
03-15-2005, 12:46 AM
Hi there,

I talked to a buddy from Springfield Ohio (my hometown) that said that Mark was in Columbus about 2 weeks ago or so and was drumming up action. He gave Dee Adkins the 7 last 3 for 10,000 and won (easily I heard). So obviously he is playing again. He also offered Jason Miller the 7 last 4 or last 3 (I heard four but that sounded excessive) and Jason wouldn't play. And believe me Jason can play. Then he said he would give anyone in Ohio the 7 and someone called Cory and Tadd agreed but it didn't happen.

Granted this is all here say but it was a good friend of mine who told me. So if this is all true it is at least something to talk about.

Kevin

If any of this is true, all I can say is, he had me fooled. However, I did talk to him more recently than that and it didn't sound like he was playing any pool at all.

merkyone
03-15-2005, 01:54 AM
If any of this is true, all I can say is, he had me fooled. However, I did talk to him more recently than that and it didn't sound like he was playing any pool at all.

I heard he was in the south within the last couple of weeks... from a Very reliable source who told me to keep a look out... he's been here before on the very trip he mentioned on onepocket.org ... this guy was a stone cold champion no doubt in the early 90's when i was just getting into pool all the stories about him offering johnny the 8 and all that i remember from then so "shortstop" that's a laugher i'm pretty sure i remember about him playing some of the phillipinos around that time and them not liking it much... just FYI

Hooked
03-15-2005, 02:03 AM
I did talk to him more recently than that and it didn't sound like he was playing any pool at all.

Jimmy, he was in Sixshooters a couple months ago. Not gambling, just shooting around. Said he was thinking about playing seriously again but no gambling. Anyhow, he was playing pool, runout pool too...

I just met him the one time and seemed like a nice fun guy. Some of you should cut him a break. He seemed like a good guy to me...

oldroller
03-15-2005, 05:39 AM
CROW
did you ever play at a room owned by Riley?it's closed now I bought his last table

MrLucky
03-15-2005, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM
I empathize with the guy because I've seen players in the past make a first-time post and sometimes end up getting sucker-punched in print on the pool-related forums FOR NO REASON other than they are who they are. When it gets personal and/or it isn't a pleasant experience anymore, it's time to take a hiatus, which is most likely what Mark Tadd did. JMHO, FWIW!

I am fairly new here but in my short time reading prior to posting this site has some very good attributes i.e. pro post (as the topic here suggest) and some very bad ones also (local cliques and their intolerance of others POV ) This guy Mark must have been a really powerful personality to elicit the strong feelings that are evident in this post! I am sorry I missed him, for so many to obviously also miss him regardless of their public view and statements to the contrary!!! they have made hundreds of replies and thousands of reads in a post devoted totally to where he is now?

:D Hell! he can't be hiding too much with the number of people here posting that they have talked to him recently and that claim to know all of his personal info and future ambitions up to and including his religious aspirations!!!! :confused:

drivermaker
03-15-2005, 07:52 AM
JAM, it is rare that I disagree with you, but this time it seems to me you don't remember his early posts.

Mark was welcomed by most, but he made a major error when he made it clear he intended to share his knowledge and expereinces with the forum and, with only minimal exception, doing an about face, never opening up, and making what surely stand out as some of the worst posts ever seen on this forum, posts having no direction and, ultimately, almost no meaningful content. He also insulted the intelligence of forum members with his "Am I the Real Mark Tadd?" thread.

SJM, I applaud you for telling it just like it was. I have to wonder how other posters that continue the ongoing hero worship along with continual defense of his forum actions, mainly inactions, can say what they say when all of it is sitting in the member list archives word for word. If you follow it in chronological order thread by thread, it's all there layed out in print. And Mark started ALL of the threads about himself.

Here are a couple examples of not answering questions, WHICH HE POSED TO BEGIN WITH IN THREADS THAT HE STARTED.

Thread #1: WHY I GAMBLE POKER NOT POOL
That ended up turning into 4 pages of a poker forum and arguing back and forth about whether there was skill in poker as well as woofing challenges to each other showing whose dick was bigger at the card table. On the very last page of that thread of nothingness which resembled the title, Smorgassbored posted this:
"I thought that Mark was going to post his long awaited explanation on why poker and not pool. (I wait with bait on my breath)

Thread #2: THE LAST TIME I GAMBLES POOL WAS
Here again he started a thread about the same issue and baited everyone with a story about his last match and then said the following at the end of his first post: "After I won I announced to all that I will never gamble at pool again. I will give reasons later."
Guess what??? Two more pages of horseshit and going completely off track.

Thread #3: I'M IN PHOENIX AZ
This was his last thread and post. And if you can say anyone was responsible for chasing him off, I guess you can place the blame on me. Did I call him names?? NO!! Did I humiliate him?? NO!! Did I say that he couldn't play?? NO!! Was I respectful?? YES Was I trying to keep him on track??
YES!!

After all of those weeks of threads and posts, it was almost starting to get laughable. JimmyM and others posed some things to him and I did as well. The only way you're going to see how it played out is to go on some of the threads that I mentioned in this post and see it for yourself. I really don't know what you're remembering or interpreting when it's all right there.
At a couple of times in the Phoenix thread, I was trying to lead him into just staying focused and keep things on topic. At that point he said: "OK Drive I will respond to this and other questions that were asked on this thread tomorrow, have to go now."

Tomorrow never comes and it didn't with him either. Maybe he has ADD, maybe he's a little eccentric, or maybe he's just out of whack and focus in life, but as many have said a lot of this was brought on by himself, especially since he started ALL of the threads and lured everyone in. None of this means that he can't play. He also had a bad time on CCB, maybe worse than AZ, so all in all it seems like forums aren't really his element. Just being at the pool table or card table is and what he does best. I guess that's where he should be, as long as he's happy and it's profitable enough to get you through life.

Williebetmore
03-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Maybe he has ADD, maybe he's a little eccentric, or maybe he's just out of whack and focus in life

D'maker,
Maybe he's really Sid Finch. I think maybe he used to play baseball.

drivermaker
03-15-2005, 08:33 AM
D'maker,
Maybe he's really Sid Finch. I think maybe he used to play baseball.

Could be...then again with all of these sightings that are going around the country, maybe he's Elvis. Let's not start any threads to see if that's the case though. :eek:

DaveK
03-15-2005, 12:01 PM
...This guy Mark must have been a really powerful personality to elicit the strong feelings that are evident in this post! I am sorry I missed him, for so many to obviously also miss him regardless of their public view and statements to the contrary!!! ... :confused:

MrLucky you are indeed lucky, because you should be able to look at the archives and read the actual threads. Then you will have a better understanding of the current discussion regarding this fellow. Just a suggestion ...

Best Regards,

Dave, who doesn't miss anyone on the Internet

Blackjack
03-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Tomorrow never comes and it didn't with him either. Maybe he has ADD, maybe he's a little eccentric, or maybe he's just out of whack and focus in life, but as many have said a lot of this was brought on by himself, especially since he started ALL of the threads and lured everyone in. None of this means that he can't play. He also had a bad time on CCB, maybe worse than AZ, so all in all it seems like forums aren't really his element. Just being at the pool table or card table is and what he does best. I guess that's where he should be, as long as he's happy and it's profitable enough to get you through life.

I tend to agree with drivermaker. The posts were very uneventful and nonsensical at times. He seemed to enjoy keeping everybody at bay with their questions and leaving people in suspense as to what he may or may not say. From a road player's perspective I find it hilarious, yet typical and pure genius. Nobody can say he wasn't in control. LOL.

cheesemouse
03-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Blackjack,
I was thinking the same thing...what a great hustle he put on...LOL...I never had to doubt his skill, I saw it up close and personal

TheOne
03-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Drivemaker, you saved me the trouble but I was wondering if somebody would go through a few threads and give examples. Nicely worder as usual :-)

Even though I couldn't be arsed to shift through all the "horseshit" as you say I was sure I didn't remember it wrong. When he first came on here I asked who he was and he sounded like a great player. But after reading some of his threads I soon got bored with the lack of meat and contributions. I also though that he had taken over the forum like FL used to do hence my FL v MT thread. I hope this wasn't what contributed into him leaving, I was just teasing as I wondered what it would have been like if they where both here at the same time - I think the server would have melted!

Anyway, like you said I'm sure he's a great player and maybe even a top bloke. The problem with print though as you can't deliver it with "tone" and it often doesn't come across the way it should. This may excuse some of his comments but I think he could have done a lot worse than atleast finish the threads he started.

Rickw
03-15-2005, 03:03 PM
Because I felt like it at the time. If you have a problem, see my customer service rep!

Why start a paragraph like that with

and then go on to say such things as

and

followed by

which basically makes your opening line a bunch of bullshit since you are aiming the whole post at Mark and it is not subtle that you compare him to Ty Cobb, a person you claim was a "mean person".

Mark may not have answered everyones questions and he may have messed around with the board abit with his game of "Am I the REAL Mark Tad?" thread but he was never mean or a jerk to anyone on this board. Your post you just wrote is WAY more of a personal attack on Mark then he ever unleashed on anyone else.

My question to all you people who dont like the way Mark conducted himself on this board is... Why do you expect he should cater to the every whim of the other members on this board, answer every question posed to him, and conduct himself to a HIGHER standard then the average member of this board just because he is a well known top player? There is a dual standard on this board but it is not giving the pro's more slack, if anything it is the reverse, they are judged on every little thing they do on this board to a higher standard then the normal non-professional members and any little thing that may not be 100% respectful causes the whole board to get all defensive and judgemental whereas another person such as Drivermaker, Rudedog, Rickw, Me, or any other lesser known personality basically can say what is truely on their mind and not cause the whole board to get up in arms. It is not surprising that pro's never come to these boards being that they cannot simply be themselves like everyone else is able to, we expect more from them and put their actions and participation under the microscope.

Rickw
03-15-2005, 03:07 PM
Celtic,

I was just trying to say that in this big tough world, if you make a mistake, you pay for it. I didn't make the rules. And, just because someone has some talent, that should not put them out of harms way. Mark evidently wrote some posts that people didn't like just like you obviously didn't like my first post. You're telling me you didn't like it and that your prerogative. I can handle it. I'm sure not going to bust a gasket and leave this board just because you didn't like it.

sjm
03-15-2005, 04:50 PM
I tend to agree with drivermaker. The posts were very uneventful and nonsensical at times. He seemed to enjoy keeping everybody at bay with their questions and leaving people in suspense as to what he may or may not say. From a road player's perspective I find it hilarious, yet typical and pure genius. Nobody can say he wasn't in control. LOL.

He wasn't in control ...... of his senses. All the guy did was waste people's time and create false expectations. It isn't hilarious and and would only seem like genius to a road player who thought that finding new ways to waste people's time evidences intellect.

Blackjack
03-15-2005, 05:13 PM
He wasn't in control ...... of his senses. All the guy did was waste people's time and create false expectations. It isn't hilarious and and would only seem like genius to a road player who thought that finding new ways to waste people's time evidences intellect.

SJM,
you know I'm just having fun...
http://wwwstud.hint.no/~morteeg/Humor/pancake.jpg

This is what I really thought about all the MT threads!

sjm
03-15-2005, 05:19 PM
SJM,
you know I'm just having fun...

This is what I really thought about all the MT threads!

Now we're on the same page, Dave. You had me fooled, though.

crow
03-16-2005, 01:16 AM
CROW
did you ever play at a room owned by Riley?it's closed now I bought his last table

Yes I started playing as a kid in Jack's place. Nice guy really, I grew up in that room.

Kevin

Rich Reheard
03-16-2005, 01:31 AM
Drivermaker you really make me laugh. I went back and I did look at the posts made by Mark and You. You did your fair shrare to stir the pot and he never gave in, as a matter of fact he avoided YOUR posts most frequently. Did you ask questions ? Yes you did and a bigger man didn't answer you. Like the post you started Pool Secrets Of Mark tadd I'm sure you were just being your wonderful self in starting that thread :rolleyes: Looking out for the forums best intrest and all :D . The man don't post on AZ anymore but you still feel the need to explain where you were coming from. LMAO. Yeah he owns you !!! Now do me a favor and tell Everyone how I've only been a member for 1 year and that I don't post very much. That seems to be your style. I mean what could anyone who disagrees with you Know? Oh and do you write more eloquently then me? I'll answer that for you. Yes So I am sure I must have misunderstood how great of a person you were trying to be in all the posts refering to Mark. Mark did answer Questions on this forum, just not your pointed questions. and I believe some of us liked his posts, Oh wait now I'll be labeld a tadd groupie, what a joke!!! But since I'm on a POOL FORUM and WE talk about POOL here If I was going to Be a groupie It Would be Marks Not of an Eloquent writing forum Nazi trying to save the forum From anyone whose posts gets more views or are more interesting then yours, Just check the views and responses.

Oh I almost fogot that if I add this it makes everything I say ok.......... JMHO

drivermaker
03-16-2005, 06:21 AM
Drivermaker you really make me laugh. I went back and I did look at the posts made by Mark and You. You did your fair shrare to stir the pot and he never gave in, as a matter of fact he avoided YOUR posts most frequently. Did you ask questions ? Yes you did and a bigger man didn't answer you. Like the post you started Pool Secrets Of Mark tadd I'm sure you were just being your wonderful self in starting that thread :rolleyes:

I'm glad that I made you laugh, that's usually my first goal in a post, if possible, so I achieved that.

The bigger man that you refer to didn't answer ANYONE'S questions not just mine. I think you need to change your name to Rich REREAD, because I don't know what the hell you gleaned out of all of it the first time around. Although, in your case it probably isn't going to matter how many times you go through it, you've already made up your mind, you don't have the mental capacity, and you're just another Drivermaker hater.

Sure I started that thread, I was jerking his ass around just like he was jerking everyone else's. Some said that he came on here and was just having fun with everyone..so was I. He didn't seem to have much fun over at CCB, he even started a thread stating what a rough crowd it was. Wake up Richie, it wasn't CCB, the crowd, AZ, or me. It was Mark "space cadet" Tadd.
Great shooter that he is and all.

Do you REALLY want to know who the bigger and better man (men) are on this forum? They're the guys that have lived their lives in the trenches just like Mark Tadd but are willing to take all of the time that is needed to help someone out or to get whatever it is that they're trying to explain to an individual until it sinks in. Guys like Blackjack David Sapolis; The One; Keith McCready; Rude Dog; JimmyM; Rodd; Deadaim, and I'm really sorry if I've left out anybody's name that I shouldn't have. I don't think SJM had a road player or pro player background but I could be wrong, HE is a major contributor and a better man. NOT Mark Tadd and especially a bonehead like you.

lewdo26
03-16-2005, 08:56 AM
I think the whole thing got magnified because he's almighty Mark Tadd. It was obvious he was putting a little bit of con, but, you know, you'd expect something like that to make its way into a public forum. Even a great forum like this one. That's why I never bothered to read his posts... it was clearly just forum blather.

Growing up, when chess was my life, I got to know many extremely (and I mean extremely) talented players with a similar attitude and psychological neediness. Some of them, like Giovanni Vescovi, are among the top 100 players in the world today. He hated me. Mostly because I was a "shut up and play" kind of guy. I couldn't be bothered with his superstar antics.

Hopefully Mark Tadd has found something more productive to do. And if he chooses to be a part of the forum (any forum), he'll either have to contribute with genuine thoughts and opinions or he'll have to thicken his skin up a little bit.

MrLucky
03-16-2005, 09:53 AM
I think the whole thing got magnified because he's almighty Mark Tadd. It was obvious he was putting a little bit of con, but, you know, you'd expect something like that to make its way into a public forum. Even a great forum like this one. That's why I never bothered to read his posts... it was clearly just forum blather.

Growing up, when chess was my life, I got to know many extremely (and I mean extremely) talented players with a similar attitude and psychological neediness. Some of them, like Giovanni Vescovi, are among the top 100 players in the world today. He hated me. Mostly because I was a "shut up and play" kind of guy. I couldn't be bothered with his superstar antics.

Hopefully Mark Tadd has found something more productive to do. And if he chooses to be a part of the forum (any forum), he'll either have to contribute with genuine thoughts and opinions or he'll have to thicken his skin up a little bit.

I simply find it amazing that so many profess to not like or read this guys post but you all are still talking about where he is? why he left? and what he must have been thinking?
:confused: For someone no longer here (on this site) this post ...WHERE IS MARK..." ,is the longest and most read post on the site! :rolleyes: This is hilarious! :eek:

lewdo26
03-16-2005, 09:57 AM
I simply find it amazing that so many profess to not like or read this guys post but you all are still talking about where he is? why he left? and what he must have been thinking?
:confused: For someone no longer here (on this site) this post ...WHERE IS MARK..." ,is the longest and most read post on the site! :rolleyes: This is hilarious! :eek:
It is, MrLucky. I get a kick out of these controversial threads...

drivermaker
03-16-2005, 10:01 AM
This is hilarious! :eek:

What it really is, is a bunch of grown men that think they're still kids on a playground where we all learned to jerk each others ass around, pull chains, trash talk, and have pissing contests amongst ourselves.

I think you might be missing that point. It's Mark Tadd this week, it'll be something else next week, and something after that. Mark Tadd surely isn't the biggest or greatest thing that's ever come down the pike, but it sure beats boredom or beating something else. ;)

lewdo26
03-16-2005, 10:23 AM
What it really is, is a bunch of grown men that think they're still kids on a playground where we all learned to jerk each others ass around, pull chains, trash talk, and have pissing contests amongst ourselves.

I think you might be missing that point. It's Mark Tadd this week, it'll be something else next week, and something after that. Mark Tadd surely isn't the biggest or greatest thing that's ever come down the pike, but it sure beats boredom or beating something else. ;)
You may also notice that the New Flame Wars thread is running pretty high...

MrLucky
03-16-2005, 10:48 AM
You may also notice that the New Flame Wars thread is running pretty high...
Since you brought that up, I have a question, again I am new but isn't there a forum for non pool related issues / post? Most Forums I usually post on will not allow bad language, racist comments or general non pool related post in the Pool Forum! .... am I missing something? :confused:

DaveK
03-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Since you brought that up, I have a question, again I am new but isn't there a forum for non pool related issues / post? Most Forums I usually post on will not allow bad language, racist comments or general non pool related post in the Pool Forum! .... am I missing something? :confused:

Sure, AZ has a forum for non-pool related posts. You should find it in the drop-down at the bottom of the page, or as a link on the Forums page. It's near the bottom of the list in both, not far from the TEST forum.

Dave

MrLucky
03-16-2005, 12:00 PM
Sure, AZ has a forum for non-pool related posts. You should find it in the drop-down at the bottom of the page, or as a link on the Forums page. It's near the bottom of the list in both, not far from the TEST forum.

Dave

Why are non pool related post allowed here?

HouseMan
03-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Why are non pool related post allowed here?
You want answers?
I think I'm entitled to them.
You want answers?
I want the truth!
You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!
Did you order the code red?
I did the job you sent me to do.
You're goddamn right I did!!
:D

Jimmy M.
03-16-2005, 12:28 PM
You want answers?
You want answers?
I want the truth!
You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

No further questions.

Jon
03-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Some people just have too much time on their hands :p :D

TheOne
03-16-2005, 12:56 PM
I actually thought that if a picture of a cat with a panake on its head didn't end this thread then nothing will. Little did I know just a few posts later we'd have a code red! :D

WHat a wonderfully colorful thread this is, Mark would be proud I'm sure :p

Blackjack
03-16-2005, 01:48 PM
I actually thought that if a picture of a cat with a panake on its head didn't end this thread then nothing will. Little did I know just a few posts later we'd have a code red! :D

WHat a wonderfully colorful thread this is, Mark would be proud I'm sure :p

IT WAS A BUNNY!!!!

TheOne
03-16-2005, 02:03 PM
IT WAS A BUNNY!!!!

Oops, there you go then, there's nothing you can say about my straight pool game that can be more embarrassing than that!

Now I know I need glasses!

MrLucky
03-16-2005, 03:56 PM
You want answers?
You want answers?
I want the truth!
:D This was both funny and apropo!!!! Someone on here has a good sense of humor :D

lewdo26
03-16-2005, 07:05 PM
:D This was both funny and apropo!!!! Someone on here has a good sense of humor :D
Yes, MrLucky, humor has a large part in making threads such as this one linger. Political correctedness and loose position play have made us old of spirit and weary of heart. Posts by Drivermaker are the answer!

sjm
03-16-2005, 11:21 PM
You want answers?
You want answers?
I want the truth!

It's obvious that you've entertained a few good men with your classic post.

drivermaker
03-17-2005, 05:47 AM
Yes, MrLucky, humor has a large part in making threads such as this one linger. Political correctedness and loose position play have made us old of spirit and weary of heart. Posts by Drivermaker are the answer!

LOL...I think you just sent the poor boy to the local drugstore to stock up on a bunch of pepto bismol and rolaids. ;) :D

vapoolplayer
03-17-2005, 06:20 AM
well all i wanted was to find out if mark starting playing seriously again. i didn't know that this was gonna turn into a "where in the world is carmen santiago" game.......LOL.

almost 5000 hits and 150 posts...........why is it that the dumbest fu***king threads get the most responses??? :D

i'm sure some of you guys can't wait for my next thread entitled "win a date with mark tadd" :rolleyes:

VAP

MrLucky
03-17-2005, 08:07 AM
LOL...I think you just sent the poor boy to the local drugstore to stock up on a bunch of pepto bismol and rolaids. ;) :D

:D Naw! if i had a weak stomache I wouldn't be on this thread, would I ? :D

mark tadd
04-16-2005, 09:05 PM
SJM, I applaud you for telling it just like it was. I have to wonder how other posters that continue the ongoing hero worship along with continual defense of his forum actions, mainly inactions, can say what they say when all of it is sitting in the member list archives word for word. If you follow it in chronological order thread by thread, it's all there layed out in print. And Mark started ALL of the threads about himself.

Here are a couple examples of not answering questions, WHICH HE POSED TO BEGIN WITH IN THREADS THAT HE STARTED.

Thread #1: WHY I GAMBLE POKER NOT POOL
That ended up turning into 4 pages of a poker forum and arguing back and forth about whether there was skill in poker as well as woofing challenges to each other showing whose dick was bigger at the card table. On the very last page of that thread of nothingness which resembled the title, Smorgassbored posted this:
"I thought that Mark was going to post his long awaited explanation on why poker and not pool. (I wait with bait on my breath)

Thread #2: THE LAST TIME I GAMBLES POOL WAS
Here again he started a thread about the same issue and baited everyone with a story about his last match and then said the following at the end of his first post: "After I won I announced to all that I will never gamble at pool again. I will give reasons later."
Guess what??? Two more pages of horseshit and going completely off track.

Thread #3: I'M IN PHOENIX AZ
This was his last thread and post. And if you can say anyone was responsible for chasing him off, I guess you can place the blame on me. Did I call him names?? NO!! Did I humiliate him?? NO!! Did I say that he couldn't play?? NO!! Was I respectful?? YES Was I trying to keep him on track??
YES!!

After all of those weeks of threads and posts, it was almost starting to get laughable. JimmyM and others posed some things to him and I did as well. The only way you're going to see how it played out is to go on some of the threads that I mentioned in this post and see it for yourself. I really don't know what you're remembering or interpreting when it's all right there.
At a couple of times in the Phoenix thread, I was trying to lead him into just staying focused and keep things on topic. At that point he said: "OK Drive I will respond to this and other questions that were asked on this thread tomorrow, have to go now."

hahahahaha you guys are funny........

DaveK
04-16-2005, 10:34 PM

... no time to say hello ? goodbye ! you're late you're late you're late !

Dave

drivermaker
04-17-2005, 05:46 AM

Yeah...but don't you just love the attention and adulation? (that's obvious from the mere fact you dragged this thread out of the bottom of a quicksand pit where it disappeared long ago) It's just another day of basking in the glory of being a legend in your own mind and seeing these "big fish" stories keep getting bigger and bigger. Your name should start coming up any day now with a big push for induction into the HOF. Don't hide from that. The worst part about it is you might have to do a press conference and the media will be asking you all kinds of QUESTIONS. That'll REALLY be traumatic for you. Can you imagine having to finally come up with some answers....oh Lordy, Lordy...help this boy in his time of need...give him strength..... :p :D
(Mark Tadd...in deep need of another recognition fix and to see his name in the lights one more time)

vagabond
04-17-2005, 06:50 AM

Hey Mark,
10 days ago,while I was in Vegas, I ran into your ex-girl friend (in 1993-94.) she gave me her cell #.She is still playing strong.You know whom I am talking about.(mention not the name on the internet).Cheers
Vagabond

vagabond
04-17-2005, 02:51 PM
Hey Mark,
10 days ago,while I was in Vegas, I ran into your ex-girl friend (in 1993-94.) she gave me her cell #.She is still playing strong.You know whom I am talking about.(mention not the name on the internet).Cheers
Vagabond

I forgot to mention that I watched her in `action`.
Vagabond