PDA

View Full Version : John Morton Undefeated as Gold Rush...

ghost ball
03-12-2005, 10:26 AM
"John Morton Undefeated as Gold Rush Lures 70 Top Southland Players to Lancaster" Title of an article in QAction July/August 1994 publication.

1st place John Morton
2nd place Ernesto Dominguez
3rd place Ismael Paez

Do you remember this tourney at Sharkey's Billiards and do you care to comment?

ghost ball

Rude Dog
03-12-2005, 11:21 AM
"John Morton Undefeated as Gold Rush Lures 70 Top Southland Players to Lancaster" Title of an article in QAction July/August 1994 publication.

1st place John Morton
2nd place Ernesto Dominguez
3rd place Ismael Paez

Do you remember this tourney at Sharkey's Billiards and do you care to comment?

ghost ballYep, I remember it ghost ball and I used to have that magazine but I loaned it to a friend and never got it back. So much has happened in my life since that tournament that I don't know if I'll be able to play that well again. Actually, my first match of that tournament I played horrible, I think it went hill/hill and I got lucky to win. I remember Lou "Machine Gun" Butera and his son played in that tourney as well. Morro Paez and I had some words during that tournament and I think it just fueled me enough to win. He then carried it over into the next tournament and called a foul on me that really got me going. In the final against Ernesto, who is maybe the nicest guy I ever met on a table, we both played well and took advantage of the few mistakes that were made. I made some bad position plays but seemed to get out when I had to. If I remember correctly, the last match was talked about in that magazine. Other than that ghost ball, I don't remember. Thanks for bringing it up. Peace, John.

ghost ball
03-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Yep, I remember it ghost ball and I used to have that magazine but I loaned it to a friend and never got it back. So much has happened in my life since that tournament that I don't know if I'll be able to play that well again. Actually, my first match of that tournament I played horrible, I think it went hill/hill and I got lucky to win. I remember Lou "Machine Gun" Butera and his son played in that tourney as well. Morro Paez and I had some words during that tournament and I think it just fueled me enough to win. He then carried it over into the next tournament and called a foul on me that really got me going. In the final against Ernesto, who is maybe the nicest guy I ever met on a table, we both played well and took advantage of the few mistakes that were made. I made some bad position plays but seemed to get out when I had to. If I remember correctly, the last match was talked about in that magazine. Other than that ghost ball, I don't remember. Thanks for bringing it up. Peace, John.

Last weekend I was helping my mom clean up her garage and I came across that magazine. If you want it, it's yours. All I ask is a few cheap sets. Let me know where to send it if you want it.

ghost

drivermaker
03-12-2005, 12:51 PM
Last weekend I was helping my mom clean up her garage and I came across that magazine. If you want it, it's yours. All I ask is a few cheap sets. Let me know where to send it if you want it.

ghost

Ghost ball...what a great gesture and super thing to do!

Rude Dog
03-12-2005, 01:40 PM

ghost
Thanks ghost, I sent you a pm with my info. DM is right, that's a very nice gesture, I appreciate it. Peace, John.

jay helfert
03-13-2005, 10:09 PM
I'll never forget the Rude Dog. Very intimidating! How are you dog?
You played good in your day.

Thanks ghost, I sent you a pm with my info. DM is right, that's a very nice gesture, I appreciate it. Peace, John.

Rude Dog
03-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Not too bad Jay, stayin' outta trouble these days, lol. There were a few things you said to me when I first started playing that always stuck with me Jay about my dedication to practice and learning. I'll see ya again and tell you about it. Take care, peace, John.

supermex
03-15-2005, 03:03 PM

jay, just wanted to say hi, hope i'll run into you soon.......nick aguallo

ghost ball
03-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Rude Dog,

It's in the mail, you'll probably get it on Friday. Enjoy.

Ghost

Rude Dog
03-18-2005, 02:40 PM
Rude Dog,

It's in the mail, you'll probably get it on Friday. Enjoy.

Ghost
Thanks ghost, I got it today. And, it's in better condition than the one I had. Thanks again, peace, John.