PDA

View Full Version : drago pagulayan

stolz2
03-13-2005, 11:48 PM
I have a video with with Drago VS. Pagulayan. The people commenting on the match, said the pagulayan was taking a shot, in a earlier match, and missed the shot because some one in the crowd a little kid jumped up or got to close to the playing table causing him to not make the shot. So the judges gave him the shot again and he made it. Anyone know anything about this, and could explain in better detail, seems like a lame rule that could easily be exploited.

Mack

bruin70
03-14-2005, 05:30 AM
snooker is much more civilized than pool.

sjm
03-14-2005, 05:36 AM
I have a video with with Drago VS. Pagulayan. The people commenting on the match, said the pagulayan was taking a shot, in a earlier match, and missed the shot because some one in the crowd a little kid jumped up or got to close to the playing table causing him to not make the shot. So the judges gave him the shot again and he made it. Anyone know anything about this, and could explain in better detail, seems like a lame rule that could easily be exploited.

Mack

I'm guessing that the kid made physical contact with Alex causing the miss. There are rules governing outside interference, and the remedy under the rules, under certain circumstances, is that the shot may be replayed.

Buckster_uk
03-14-2005, 07:50 AM
I remember this sort of thing happened in the WPC when it was at Cardiff, maybe 2001 I cannot remember the year.

Some stupid kid somehow managed to get to the table, and he put a ball into the pocket, Nigel Rees had to re spot the ball and the player was allowed to take his shot.

bruin70
03-14-2005, 08:00 AM
I remember this sort of thing happened in the WPC when it was at Cardiff, maybe 2001 I cannot remember the year.

Some stupid kid somehow managed to get to the table, and he put a ball into the pocket, Nigel Rees had to re spot the ball and the player was allowed to take his shot.

you mean like,,,,some kid ran up to the table, took a ball and put it in a pocket??!! :):):):):):)
i'm sorry, but i keep visualizing this and i can't stop laughing.

i think we've finally found a game with public appeal......INTERFERENCE BILLIARDS

The Hamster
03-14-2005, 09:07 AM
i think we've finally found a game with public appeal......INTERFERENCE BILLIARDS

My dog is the master of that... you'll be hunkered over a shot and suddenly the dog is humping your leg. I've made many a shot with the dog hanging onto my leg while I'm trying to shake him off...

stolz2
03-14-2005, 11:39 AM
My dog is the master of that... you'll be hunkered over a shot and suddenly the dog is humping your leg. I've made many a shot with the dog hanging onto my leg while I'm trying to shake him off...

Every time my dog hops on my leg its not pretty so picturing you make a shot with your dog on your leg is funny.

The kid did not get into the playing area, just jumped up on the other side of the gated area, and it disturbed alex when he was pulling the trigger, so he missed and the juges determined he should be able to re-take the shot.

Mack

LastTwo
03-14-2005, 01:04 PM
It was the 2003 WPC, but they didn't show it in the recording of the match.

Nostroke
03-14-2005, 01:59 PM

Mack

It was at Cardiff in 2003, Alex was playing the Korean guy Young Hwa Joeng ( Not too close re spelling) A kid came out of the stands as Alex was shooting and ran by the table approx 12 feet from Alex. Alex later said he didnt see the kid or the kid didnt bother him but he got to shoot over and made the shot on the 2nd try and won the match.

A match or two later he played Drago and was aided in that match be a reportedly bad call when the ref said TD touched a ball and gave Alex ball in hand at a crucial pont of the match.. Tony said no way and just about everyone that knows Tony believes him.

DaveK
03-14-2005, 02:44 PM

My dog is too lazy for that, but we have a house rule "you must play the dog where he lies". In other words if the dog is snoozing where you'd like to take your stance, no moving the dog, nor is anyone allowed to stand on the poor beast.

Dave

Egg McDogit
03-14-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm gonna have to start bringing a kid to tourneys with me
and teach him to jump around and scream when I gotta tough
shot hehe

peace
-Egg