PDA

View Full Version : Corey and Niels 8ball Video ??

frankncali
03-15-2005, 02:31 AM
Has anyone seent he video with Corey Deuel playing Niels Feijen?

I really liked the video even though I could not get the video size setting correct. It was a bit narrow but watchable.
Shawn Putnam and Troy Frank did the commentary and did a good job.
Good angles and camera positions. Radar on their breaks. Overall I thought it
was very good. Not fancy but it doesn't have to be.
I enjoyed watching the 8ball because they had to think a bit more and
you could see good patterns and bad ones. Corey missed a few balls I was surprised about as did Niels. I think it would be good to see a second version
after the original with Corey and Niels giving their thoughts as the match went on. It was nice to get Putnams and Franks thoughts however during the first viewing.

Just wondering if anyone else saw it and their thoughts.

I wonder if there are more produced the same way.

Any others videos I need to look for???

Johnson
03-15-2005, 03:35 AM
did u get it off of dc++? there were a few floating around, the ones i got were only short clips of a minute or two, i think it was called king of the hill, an 8 ball tournament and they filmed it

http://www.worldpool.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=009&DEPT=1067622436&CAT=1067623100&BACK=A0007A1B01067622436B1

were u asking for more videos from the same tourney or others in general? there was also a 8 ball video from the accu-stats invitational on there efren vs mika, really nice video on 9 footers, the king of the hill was on bar tables
________
group Cam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/straight-couples/)

frankncali
03-15-2005, 03:43 AM
Yeah I got it off DC++. It was the whole race to nine. Not pieces.
I have gotten some other good pool stuff off there and am getting the
a few with Erfen right now.
I have absolutely no clue as to what I am doing on DC++. ZERO

Where can I find movies...not pool. Also I ahve been to some hubs that
have a min share. Whats this about? Right now I am sharing 708.75 MiB.

How can I share more if I can not get more.
I am just interested in Pool stuff and mainstream type movies right now.
Any locations for these or suggestions?

It seems like a sink or swim type deal with DC++. I could not find too much info on how to use and location of items to download and share.

did u get it off of dc++? there were a few floating around, the ones i got were only short clips of a minute or two, i think it was called king of the hill, an 8 ball tournament and they filmed it

http://www.worldpool.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=009&DEPT=1067622436&CAT=1067623100&BACK=A0007A1B01067622436B1

were u asking for more videos from the same tourney or others in general? there was also a 8 ball video from the accu-stats invitational on there efren vs mika, really nice video on 9 footers, the king of the hill was on bar tables

Johnson
03-15-2005, 03:53 AM
i haven't used it in a while, but compared to other file sharing services i found dc++ very difficult to use compared to others, i set it up to run, and it will only download a few at a time, compared to downloading 10-20 things at a time with other file sharing programs, i only used it to get pool and snooker videos, i wouldn't feel so bad if u r having problems figuring it out, sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't, a lot of people on dc++ had not only pool vids but also movies/songs/pics/programs u name it, u can connect to people and view all that they have, not just the pool files
________
condo Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Perk
03-15-2005, 06:26 AM
I have that video, and it is a good video, and it is the only one I found on DC++ that is a on bar tables.

DC++ is kinda difficult at first, but you will get the hang of it. I cheated a bit to get my share file size up. When I found someone that I downloaded something from and it came real quick, I just downloaded as much of their stuff as possible, not caring what it was.

As far as finding movies and stuff, when your file size gets higher, you can search all the public hubs using the term movie and just experiment until you get a hub you like. I downloaded the full version of "The Hustler", although it is in 2 parts. Still works quite well.

Another thing I do alot is to "Get user file lists", which it only takes a few seconds to download someones file lists that they have for sharing, and you can usually see how they have stuff organized. One might sort the user list by file size, and start at the highest person, and see what they have.

Good luck.

Yeah I got it off DC++. It was the whole race to nine. Not pieces.
I have gotten some other good pool stuff off there and am getting the
a few with Erfen right now.
I have absolutely no clue as to what I am doing on DC++. ZERO

Where can I find movies...not pool. Also I ahve been to some hubs that
have a min share. Whats this about? Right now I am sharing 708.75 MiB.

How can I share more if I can not get more.
I am just interested in Pool stuff and mainstream type movies right now.
Any locations for these or suggestions?

It seems like a sink or swim type deal with DC++. I could not find too much info on how to use and location of items to download and share.

Hooked
03-15-2005, 12:00 PM
I've seen it. Its OK for a bar box. The Efren-Mika match is MUCH better. I think the first 9 racks are all Break and Runs (give or take). It is, truly, world class 8 ball.

If you want to cheat your share size to get in other hubs, just duplicate your files. If you need to get in a hub that has a 2 gig minimum and you have 700 megs, just copy all those files twice and put them in new folders in your share folder.

frankncali
03-15-2005, 02:00 PM
Cheater!! I like it. I have been getting the boot from quite a few
hubs due to share size. One copy should do it for me.

What I liked about the Barbox 8ball one was that
1- it was on a barbox --- easier yet tighter for 8ball
2- the video setup was good
3- the commentary and comments were good

I have played 8 ball on 7footers and 9footers and its alot
easier on the big tables than on the little ones. IMHO

Thanks for the tip and I am still looking for the Mika -Efren match.

I've seen it. Its OK for a bar box. The Efren-Mika match is MUCH better. I think the first 9 racks are all Break and Runs (give or take). It is, truly, world class 8 ball.

If you want to cheat your share size to get in other hubs, just duplicate your files. If you need to get in a hub that has a 2 gig minimum and you have 700 megs, just copy all those files twice and put them in new folders in your share folder.

crawdaddio
03-15-2005, 02:18 PM

That's bull---- and will get you permanently banned when they find out (and they will).

Frank-

You can share anything you have on your 'puter. Music, pics, movies, text doc's, programs, ANYTHING. You should be able to get your share size up. You could rip CD's to your machine to bump it up if you need to.

Go to public hublist. On the bottom is a text box that says "filter". Type "movie" and hit enter. Now the list repopulates with hubs that have something to do with movies. Choose one and connect. I like hubs with no more than 2-300 users. If you meet the share req. and stay connected, browse thru the users (on the right), pick one, right click, "get file list". When it DL's it will appear as a browsing tree. Look through and DL the files you want.

Alternatively, Connect to a few hubs (movie related or others), go to the search screen, type in "movies" and (I like to click "only users with open slots") search. DL the files you want.

It is a great program with ultra fast speed, especially now that it supports multiple source DL'ing with Kademlia. Make sure you have the latest version for best performance. I use:
www.revconnect.com

BTW I thought that match was a good one. Jeez, I have about 40GB of pool, billiards, snooker now. I had to burn it all and start over 'cuz my drive was full.
Great program..............

Hope it helps
~DC

frankncali
03-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Easy fella :p
I think I will soon be sharing enough for most hubs. It seems to be going a little easier but still some problems or questions.
I saw you on the pool hub and might have gotten a couple from you.
Oddly I got files lists for a few people and clicked a few to download but
it seems to be downloading matches and clips I did not ask it to download.
Is there a way to see what it is looking for to download?

I really dont have to much to share but just added two movies that should help my share quota.
I am still learning but its fun and a way to get some things. Some
of the pool stuff has been great. Some not so good.
thanks and any tips you have are appreciated

That's bull---- and will get you permanently banned when they find out (and they will).

Frank-

You can share anything you have on your 'puter. Music, pics, movies, text doc's, programs, ANYTHING. You should be able to get your share size up. You could rip CD's to your machine to bump it up if you need to.

Go to public hublist. On the bottom is a text box that says "filter". Type "movie" and hit enter. Now the list repopulates with hubs that have something to do with movies. Choose one and connect. I like hubs with no more than 2-300 users. If you meet the share req. and stay connected, browse thru the users (on the right), pick one, right click, "get file list". When it DL's it will appear as a browsing tree. Look through and DL the files you want.

Alternatively, Connect to a few hubs (movie related or others), go to the search screen, type in "movies" and (I like to click "only users with open slots") search. DL the files you want.

It is a great program with ultra fast speed, especially now that it supports multiple source DL'ing with Kademlia. Make sure you have the latest version for best performance. I use:
www.revconnect.com

BTW I thought that match was a good one. Jeez, I have about 40GB of pool, billiards, snooker now. I had to burn it all and start over 'cuz my drive was full.
Great program..............

Hope it helps
~DC

crawdaddio
03-15-2005, 03:15 PM
I saw you on the pool hub and might have gotten a couple from you.
Oddly I got files lists for a few people and clicked a few to download but
it seems to be downloading matches and clips I did not ask it to download.
Is there a way to see what it is looking for to download?

I am not sharing hardly any pool anymore. Like I said, my drive was full and I had to burn it all to free up some space.

To see what is currently qued to download: across the top is a toolbar, one icon looks like a folder with an arrow going down on it. It is "the download que". Open it and you will see all the files that you have selected to DL and the folders they will be going to when completed(I have a folder called "complete" for this). Simply remove the ones you no longer want to DL.

"Oddly I got files lists for a few people and clicked a few to download but
it seems to be downloading matches and clips I did not ask it to download."

If you are in a hub and highlight a user and select "download" you will be DL'ing his ENTIRE shared list. This is not a good idea because you don't even know what you are getting(could be bad i.e.: a virus). This might be what you did to be getting files you don't want.

Enjoy

~DC

Hooked
03-15-2005, 04:47 PM
If you are worried about getting caught, I wrote a program that creates fake files of any size. It makes a gig in about 2 minutes on my pc (2.4 ghz)

The beauty of it is,somebody would have to download the file to catch you or download a piece of it and look at it to see it was fake. But they would have to be suspicios of you in the first place.

Just make the files movies (unpopular ones) from 500mb to 1.3 gigs, or so. If you see somebody downloading it, stop them and remove the file.

PM me if you want me to send it to you.

BTW - I only use fake files when I need to get into certain hubs which is rare. All my shared files are real. I just add the fake files when I need them, I never leave them in there.