PDA

View Full Version : Florida Pro Tour Schedule

AzHousePro
03-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Got a call from John Ditoro yesterday with the first batch of dates for the Florida Pro Tour. He has six confirmed dates with more planned later. He is still working out the exact amount of added money for each event, but he expects it to be $7000 to $8000.

Each event will be 10-Ball (I hear Joe Tucker applauding now) and will be limited to 64 players. An interesting addition to the schedule is Capone's on Sept 3-4 when the game will be mixed scotch doubles 10-ball.

Here is the schedule of confirmed dates...

Capone's Billiard Lounge
Spring Hill, FL
352-688-9965
April 23 - 24, 2005
10-Ball
Limited to 64 players

Player's Billiard Club
Melbourne, Fl
321-254-8067
May 7 - 8, 2005
10-Ball
Limited to 64 players

Victory Billiards
West Palm Bch.,Fl
561-686-4127
May 28 - 29, 2005
10-Ball
Limited to 64 players

Planet 9 Ball
Tampa, Fl
813-891-1450
June 11 - 12, 2005
10-Ball
Limited to 64 players

Stroker's
Palm Harbor, Fl
727-786-6683
July 9 - 10, 2005
10-Ball
Limited to 64 players

Capone's Billiards
Springhill, Fl
352-688-9965
September 3 - 4, 2005
Mixed Scotch Doubles

Joe T
03-17-2005, 10:00 AM
You’re right Mike that was me applauding as awoke to an early Christmas present. We should all be applauding. John is taking initiative and a chance. I’m pretty sure his main motivation is to present a better product while helping us all get along better and look better in public.

I know it won’t be a smooth transition simply because people have a natural adversity to change. I was shocked on the Camel Pro tour to hear some very high level players complaining about 10 Ball, mostly due to the difficulty of running multiple racks. There will be some players at these events complaining about the game change but these will be the same players that complain about the wind outside when they can’t find anything else to complain about.

John is doing us all a favor in the long run, he’s helping to improve our image by decreasing the amount of arguments during the racking segment of the show and he’s going to help players improve their own games by playing a game that demands better all around skills. The rest of the world is going to see the flaws with 9 Ball racks and we might as well stay ahead of the pack.

Could we get a few more details about the tour guidelines?
Entry fee
Race
Dress code
Jump cues
Is it still rack your own (I hope so)
Preregistration
And how the hell is he raising so much added money?
And John’s address so I can send a little care package.

Thanks and congratulations to John Ditoro for taking a chance in hopes of improving our sport and for putting together another great schedule.

Now I gotta go and start looking for plane tickets.

Joe T

AzHousePro
03-17-2005, 12:52 PM
I believe John said entry will be $125 at each event and jumping balls will be allowed but you have to use your regular playing cue. No jump cues at all.

No idea on the other questions, but John should have more details available in a week or so and hopefully these questions will be answered then.

Mike

jjinfla
03-17-2005, 02:47 PM
And Earl Strickland will be welcome to play.

On last year's flyer:
John DiToro: FlaProTour@aol.com

Jake