PDA

View Full Version : Attn. Florida Players

daytonajoe
03-17-2005, 01:53 AM
There is a new room now open in Bradenton Florida. !!

Art's Billiards is now open on 15th Street East, at the intersection of 63rd avenue. Bradenton is located about 40 miles south of Tampa

Best part is it is only 2 minutes from my house!! 6 Gold Crowns, 2 Robertson's and they all play PERFECT! Also have 6 new Valley's . Nice design decor, and a seperated bar area with a menu of good food now being finallized. As well as beer and wine ( licence coming shortly)

This room has been ready for almost 6 months and the county has been hasselling Art about a certificate of occupancy, so he has been very patient in dealing with the bullsh_t!

Dave Merrill is the manager and Art Shepard is the owner. It is a true players room and Buddy Hall, Mike and Diana Minor, as well as many highly rated players have been in over the last week. Plenty of action available.

There are several nightly tournaments being set up as well as men's and women's Fury stops scheduled. They are also hoping to have a Fla. Pro Tour event.

Phone # is 941-752-9031 and they are open m-thurs 11 am - 12 PM Fri and Sat 11 Am - 2 AM and Sunday noon - 12 PM

NO! this is not spam, just a friend of the game trying to help a man that has put his heart into this room and for 6 months has been without an income. I am also impressed by the atmosphere and condition of the equipment!

jjinfla
03-17-2005, 06:16 AM
I imagine Ray Martin will be down there to check it out. There are a lot of good players around Tampa.

Permits in Florida seem to take forever. We have a motorhome campground that waited 6 months before it could open. And a barber shop has been completed that long and still can't open. Good thing these inspectors don't work in Iraq.

Jake

schon267
03-17-2005, 08:05 AM
there is not much to check out, and mike and diana don't hang out there that much. and as far buddy and them guys coming down, why wouldn't a road player come to art's, hell, art will knock every local players action!!! he has no loyalty to any local player, which is amazing when you stop and think who is really going to support his room??? road players don't keep a room open as far as steady business, locals are his main source of revenue. yet all he does is give a complete line on every local guy, if you asked where a local player last took a dump, art would tell you!!!

he is the type of guy that always has to get his nose in everones game even if it means knocking the whole game to do it!! say you get into a game where you have the best of it, instead of art asking you, whether he can side bet on you, he'll march right up to your potential opponent and ask to bet twice the amount your betting!!!! which in turn usually results in that player backing out of the whole game. I've seen him do it over and over again!!

he also tried screwing the other room owner by telling the local table/game vender that they both use that he couldn't compete with the other room because he opens the bar tables up and allows people to play for free. obviously this practice would deprive the vender revenue, not to mention piss him off. I know this was true because there we're other people there that heard art do it. art speaks with a forked tougue!! I don't know too many people who like him, and that's why his room won't last to long. you can't screw the local people who are going to be the ones that patronize your business. obviously he doesn't understand where his bread should be buttered.

daytonajoe
03-17-2005, 04:13 PM
[ obviously he doesn't understand where his bread should be buttered.[/QUOTE]

Stevie upset about the kid's beating you of $900??

Some of you other facts are wrong also !!

schon267
03-17-2005, 05:16 PM
no I'm not upset at all, #1 that's ancient history, #2 young, hungry pool players will eventually always beat the established players.

as far as the money goes, I didn't like it, but let the good times roll!

and as far as everything I said before, it's all true, and someone like you obviously doesn't understand anything about certain gambling protocal!!!

so before you reply with your 2 cents, you should spend some time on the road playing pool everyday and learn some of the unwritten protocals and traditions.

klingon
04-11-2005, 05:45 AM
We all know that Stevie is no rocket scientist, but wouldn't you think that even a person of average intelligence would KNOW HOW TO SPELL the subject that he's lecturing us about. It's p-r-o-t-o-c-O-l. Jeeeeeez...unbelievable...