PDA

View Full Version : Canadian 9 ball tour season 4

leaguedude
09-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Hi All,

I just heard through the grape vine that there will be no Canadian 9Ball Tour this season. I really hope it's not true but it's from a pretty reliable source. Anyways, don't shoot the messanger, i'm just passing the word around. Maybe someone could start another 9 ball tour in Canada. I know we have the 404's to look forward to but we need another or maybe the 404's could step it up a notch.

Anyways, i'm really upset about this because it was a top level tour here in Canada. I played a few events last season and really enjoyed it. I hope it's not true.

LessThanMike
09-09-2008, 09:17 PM
I have heard the same thing.. too bad really..was kinda hoping to get out to one of the events this year... I kind of missed there not being a Limestone Open In kingston this year...

srs314
09-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Yes the bad news is true, Jim Wych will not be running the Canadian 9-Ball Tour this year. I will see if I can get Jim to write something up about it.

This tour will truly be missed!!

xxxbilliards
09-11-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi All,

I just heard through the grape vine that there will be no Canadian 9Ball Tour this season. I really hope it's not true but it's from a pretty reliable source. Anyways, don't shoot the messanger, i'm just passing the word around. Maybe someone could start another 9 ball tour in Canada. I know we have the 404's to look forward to but we need another or maybe the 404's could step it up a notch.

Anyways, i'm really upset about this because it was a top level tour here in Canada. I played a few events last season and really enjoyed it. I hope it's not true.
Sometimes we don't know how good be have it till is too late, I'm sure the support may have shown a weak spot somewhere and you ask yourself if it is all worth at the end, sometimes the "experts know it all"
The bigmouths that complained, here is your chance to redemmed your self...........lets hear from you guys!!!!!!

JD_Hogg
09-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Wow, this really is bad news. The Canadian 9 ball tour was awsome.

Whatever the reason, I'd just like to thank Jim for all the hard work he has done for pool in Canada.

srs314
09-11-2008, 10:56 AM
Support was not the issue, I actually don't think I ever heard a complaint about this tour.

Jim was able to get a great amount of money added to each event over the years. We have to be thankfull for his hard work and sponsors like Stan James, Chapters and CiniPlex for supporting our game in Canada. As I understand it was the issue of renewing sponsorship or getting new sponsors that kept the Tour from running again this year.

People talk of sponsorship like it should be easy to get and companies should be lining up to sponsor billiards. This is not the case, it is very difficult to get these days. Even billiard companies don't often line up to sponsor players or events.

Players could ask themselves what value is this sponsor truly getting from adding money? Many sponsor just to give back to a game they love and not because it increases business or profit.

Thanks for the great years of the (Stan James) Canadian 9-Ball Tour Jim,

xxxbilliards
09-27-2008, 09:02 AM
Sometimes we don't know how good be have it till is too late, I'm sure the support may have shown a weak spot somewhere and you ask yourself if it is all worth at the end, sometimes the "experts know it all"
The bigmouths that complained, here is your chance to redemmed your self...........lets hear from you guys!!!!!!
Let me make it a little more clear..... what I mean for support is also for the people that added money hoping for a better return......the essence of buss. is to get back what you put in plus more.....no body in a sound mind will give their money with out a reasonable expectation of something.
Some are so given that they became saints while they are alive, but you can count these in 1-2 fingers over a life time
Some people just want everything, others talk louder, others just say what ever crosses their mind........but very few actually take action.....just pointing some ideas
Have a great day and be good

taxi man
09-27-2008, 06:25 PM
I guess taking action means taking money,and by the way,you talk about grammer,read over your crap oh wise one,I see an error.Granted people may miss events,but can you think of one good excuse for ****ing people the way you have.You have no shame,and not even once owning up to the lies and cheating.Its very sad that greed ruined the reputation of somebody that people liked alot.Don''t get me wrong people may still like you but never trust you.There is absolutely no one on earth to blame but yourself.You chose to do it.

xxxbilliards
09-28-2008, 07:51 AM
I guess taking action means taking money,and by the way,you talk about grammer,read over your crap oh wise one,I see an error.Granted people may miss events,but can you think of one good excuse for ****ing people the way you have.You have no shame,and not even once owning up to the lies and cheating.Its very sad that greed ruined the reputation of somebody that people liked alot.Don''t get me wrong people may still like you but never trust you.There is absolutely no one on earth to blame but yourself.You chose to do it.
Is that all you can do??

taxi man
09-28-2008, 01:06 PM
I didn't do anything,you did it all yourself.

xxxbilliards
09-28-2008, 07:45 PM
I didn't do anything,you did it all yourself.
I thank you for the imput

ballbanger
09-28-2008, 07:55 PM
how much does it cost to sponsor an event like that?

xxxbilliards
09-28-2008, 10:52 PM
how much does it cost to sponsor an event like that?
The question is?
To whom are you asking?
Thanks

DaveK
09-29-2008, 07:59 AM
I think it's time to put names to these handles. Anonymous internet posting at this level is in very poor taste imo. This bickering should be done under your real names, if you are truely interested in helping the game.

Dave Keith

xxxbilliards
09-29-2008, 08:32 AM
I think it's time to put names to these handles. Anonymous internet posting at this level is in very poor taste imo. This bickering should be done under your real names, if you are truely interested in helping the game.

Dave Keith
Ok, agreed

http://www.canadian20ktour.com/

Willy

D_Lewis
09-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Ok, agreed

http://www.canadian20ktour.com/

Willy

I would like to be added to the LONG LONG list of NON supporters of the above link.

Alternative, PLEASE!

Any word on the 404?

taxi man
09-29-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm not to sure of the point of the real names unless that makes our comments more valid,but if you need to know my name is ScottMacdonald from St Catharines Ontario Canada my favourite color is red ,my hobbies include playing pool watching movies and occasionally masturbating.There are you happy now!

taxi man
09-29-2008, 05:26 PM
I think Shooters is going start another tour but I don't know if bigwigs is going to be the other stop.John should keep the 404 going,he's very well liked and trustworthy.

D_Lewis
09-29-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm not to sure of the point of the real names unless that makes our comments more valid,but if you need to know my name is ScottMacdonald from St Catharines Ontario Canada my favourite color is red ,my hobbies include playing pool watching movies and occasionally masturbating.There are you happy now!

Im happy now, in the pants!

I have to agree, I enjoyed the 404 this season.... even though I had to play Scott.

taxi man
09-29-2008, 06:09 PM
I never did the draw,but the matches were fun.I''m glad you can also see Willys sad attempt to dodge his own actions and try and regain the trust of the pool players with his retarded analogies.I believe even if he starts a 40k tour,all that means is he gets 35k and adds 5k to the finals.There also might be a pooping and peeing fee were if a player pees more than once during a match they owe him a dollar if it's poop it will be an even 5 bucks!