PDA

View Full Version : Rules Question

LessThanMike
09-16-2008, 03:03 AM
Ok..so I was playing pool the other day, and laid a really good hook on my opponent and set up a somewhat straight in 1-9 Combo. It was an extremely hard hit on the 1...and no easy way to intentionally foul and move the 9 ball. So my friend asks me what the ruling would be if in the midst of his follow thru..he moved a bunch of balls out of the way and taking away the 1-9 in the process. I wasnt too sure but said i would find out sometime. It was a friendly game anyways, so it didnt mean too much..

If any can pass along an official ruling on that let me know

Thanks

netspec
09-16-2008, 04:43 AM
I believe that would be a foul, and you would have to attempt to place the balls in the places they were before the foul occurred.

Ok..so I was playing pool the other day, and laid a really good hook on my opponent and set up a somewhat straight in 1-9 Combo. It was an extremely hard hit on the 1...and no easy way to intentionally foul and move the 9 ball. So my friend asks me what the ruling would be if in the midst of his follow thru..he moved a bunch of balls out of the way and taking away the 1-9 in the process. I wasnt too sure but said i would find out sometime. It was a friendly game anyways, so it didnt mean too much..

If any can pass along an official ruling on that let me know

Thanks

steev
09-16-2008, 05:55 AM
I would like to believe most tournament directors would rule this 'unsportsmanlike conduct', most likely with a minimum penalty of loss of game, perhaps more.

-s

Cuetips
09-16-2008, 08:03 AM
I would like to believe most tournament directors would rule this 'unsportsmanlike conduct', most likely with a minimum penalty of loss of game, perhaps more.

-s

I was in a tourney and that's exactly what happened, loss of game for unsportsmanlike with a further warning if done again, it would be loss of match.

Walter

LessThanMike
09-16-2008, 12:55 PM
I told him loss of game for unsportsmanlike is the likly call.. and if it was in my tournament.. thats how I would call it