PDA

View Full Version : What's Inside Your Case

The Beginner
10-03-2008, 02:50 PM
any1 wants to share what's inside their pool cases?

supergreenman
10-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Pool cues....... Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

xpatcan1
10-03-2008, 04:30 PM
this is everything i have right now and i cant wait to get more and more.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk97/xpatcan1/DSCI0004-2.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk97/xpatcan1/DSCI0014.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk97/xpatcan1/DSCI0020.jpg

SpinDoctor
10-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Late 80's Schon, all ebony forearm with no points and 4 ivory diamonds in the butt....2 original shafts with original ferrules, very straight and hits like a dream.

Sledgehammer jump/break

Bunjee Jumper jump cue

Various tip tools, sand paper and replacement tips

Yup, that about sums it up.

DaveK
10-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Pool cues....... Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Dude, me too ! We're like brothers :thumbup: We've got to get togther some day James, pull the cues from the cases, order a beer, and play some pool.

Dave

supergreenman
10-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Dude, me too ! We're like brothers :thumbup: We've got to get togther some day James, pull the cues from the cases, order a beer, and play some pool.

Dave

I agree. It seems like all my road trips this year have taken me south or west not east.

Perhaps I'll have to go visit my StepGrandmother in Maidstone and make a side trip.

jimmy-leggs
10-08-2008, 10:34 AM
I've got a no named cue signed by Efren.Its been VERY "lucky" for me.:eek: ;)

supergreenman
10-08-2008, 10:55 AM
I've got a no named cue signed by Efren.Its been VERY "lucky" for me.:eek: ;)
So will you be bringing this alleged lucky cue up to Edmonton for the VNEA western championships?

jimmy-leggs
10-08-2008, 01:06 PM
So will you be bringing this alleged lucky cue up to Edmonton for the VNEA western championships?
I would love to,but for the first time in 10 years I'm not playing league this year.Our team kinda fell apart.People moving and such.:(
But I will say,I'm glad the Vnea's are back in Edmonton.Sure beats Regina.
Who knows,I might come to sweat some friends.

DaveK
10-08-2008, 01:54 PM
...But I will say,I'm glad the Vnea's are back in Edmonton.Sure beats Regina.

Hmmmmm, them's fightin' words .... just not to me ;)

Dave

jimmy-leggs
10-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Hmmmmm, them's fightin' words .... just not to me ;)

Dave
Dave,don't get me wrong.I love Saskatoon(lived there for 2 years,9 years ago).I had a great time,but Regina is the biggest hole,next to Winnipeg.:eek:
I'll take the Saskatoon summers over Calgary anyday.But,I sure love CHINOOKS.:grin:

supergreenman
10-09-2008, 08:10 AM
Dave,don't get me wrong.I love Saskatoon(lived there for 2 years,9 years ago).I had a great time,but Regina is the biggest hole,next to Winnipeg.:eek:
I'll take the Saskatoon summers over Calgary anyday.But,I sure love CHINOOKS.:grin:
Regina is worse than a hole. it's the AHole of Saskatchwan. If it's summer, I like Winterpeg, otherwise ewwwwwww.

Jimmy I'm sure you could still get on a team, one of my team mates drives down there to play on a team (to get his weeks in for BCA) I don't know why, he can do it here, but people do the strangest things.

DaveK
10-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Johnny Cannuck to Homer Simpson after Homer pirates a Canadian Health Card "You'll get enough cheap drugs to make Regina look like Saskatoon" :D I personally do not think there are enough cheap drugs for that :eek:

Dave

jimmy-leggs
10-09-2008, 01:18 PM
Johnny Cannuck to Homer Simpson after Homer pirates a Canadian Health Card "You'll get enough cheap drugs to make Regina look like Saskatoon" :D I personally do not think there are enough cheap drugs for that :eek:

Dave
Lol,thats funny and true.:grin:

DaveK
10-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Just so the OP doesn't think I'm nothing but a smart-ass ...

In my case is a Falcon M5 (it's about 7 years old, made in Mississauga) and a Dufferin Shadow that I use as a break cue (also made in Mississauga I think, it's certainly made in Canada). I'm a good Canadian boy all the way to the pool hall :grinning-moose: .... no very very very very very very high end cues, I'm too cheap (OK, ignore that opening comment) :wink:

Dave

supergreenman
10-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Since Dave has decided not to be a smart ass anymore I'll join the ranks of dumbasses and inventory my cue case too.

-Viking playing cue
-axiom jump/break cue
-cheap custom chopped down just in case I run into a pole or a wall that doesn't allow me to have a full backswing
-chalk
-cue cleaning fluid
-plastic dish scrubber (well worn to be less abrasive)
-moose head mechanical bridgehead that fits on a playing cue
-2 sets of rules CCS(world standardized) and Walmac(VNEA)
-2 league schedules
-paper napkins
-flannel rag

srs314
10-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Love the detailed list! lol

Lupin3th
10-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Playing cue :Helmstetter RH-7 with custom Don Broos shaft
Backup: Falcon PL-3
Breakcue: Dufferin Cliff Thorburn signature series custom converter with new joint and butt by Don Broos
jumpcue: Selfmade from a extra Dufferin shaft with a dufferin shaft extension that was modified. (You do what you can when you live in a limited area) Works quite well actually:)

-bag - chalker, universal tip tool, cue paper, Spinelli bridge, self made clamp cue holder, talisman billiard cue cloth

johnnydub
10-17-2008, 08:17 AM
J and J jump/break cue and case, standard lucasi player, jump cue I won (no idea what kind it is), chalk, various pieces of sandpaper, magic eraser, bar towel, small bottle of ibuprofen (for hangover, or tennis elbow, whatever hurts more), band aids, about 10 bucks in twonies(call home/food money), homemade tip shaper

D_Lewis
10-17-2008, 05:08 PM
master blues
Joss MJ-205 w/314-2 (back up shaft too)
BK2
Predator Air
sandpaper
pen

Blue Hog ridr
10-19-2008, 05:00 PM
Regina is worse than a hole. it's the AHole of Saskatchwan

I didn't know that, guess I'll have to find a new place to live.

Carpe_Diem
10-20-2008, 11:35 AM
I have no highend cues in my case. Mabey because my game is extremely

lowend.:frown:

But I am happy with my 2 X McD's. I would like to get a better breaker however as this J&J has not been kind to me lately.

Cheers.

supergreenman
10-20-2008, 12:37 PM
I didn't know that, guess I'll have to find a new place to live.
Sorry dude......

I'd help you move but I don't want to go to Regina:rolleyes:

Blue Hog ridr
10-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Thats ok, I understand. All you chinooky Albertans can't handle a real Canadian winter. But, if I ever make to Calgary or Edmonton I will be ringing you guys up for a game.

Chest Rockwell
10-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Playing Cue: Meucci with Predator 314-2 upgrade, extra meucci black dot shaft
Breaker: BK2
Jumper: Predator Air

Sil Kleen, Cue Silk
Tip shapers
chalk
2 extra rubber butt stops
couple pennies

srs314
10-26-2008, 02:21 PM
Well I guess this would be the best place to post my newest Shooterville.com gallery. Many people have been asking to see my cue collection since it doesn't get out of the house much these days.

So here it is, hope you like the cues as much as I do!

http://www.shooterville.com/scott%20soroko%20cues/

Just click on the cue names on the left to see each one.

JD_Hogg
10-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Well I guess this would be the best place to post my newest Shooterville.com gallery. Many people have been asking to see my cue collection since it doesn't get out of the house much these days.

So here it is, hope you like the cues as much as I do!

http://www.shooterville.com/scott%20soroko%20cues/

Just click on the cue names on the left to see each one.

Scott, that is one awsome cue collection you have there. They all look great but I especially love the Deikman cue. How does it play?

srs314
10-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Funny you should ask about that cue. It is an awesome playing cue, however for me it has the most centimental value of my whole collection.

It was the playing cue of my late friend Dave McMahon who died of cancer just over a year ago at the age of 35.

I remember even if we stopped at Tim Hortans and went in to pickup coffee he would bring the case inside. He protected that cue like it was truly his life.

Later when he was sick Anita McMahon used it and his step son John Morra played a lot with it as well.

The butt sleeve is shown in Diekmans instructional video about making 4 pointed prongs.

One very cool cue with a great story I am proud to have my buddys cue! Thanks for asking about it :)

JD_Hogg
10-27-2008, 01:26 PM
I have wanted a Deikman cue for some time now. From what I've read he builds a very fine cue. I guess it's true. Thanks for the info.

As for Dave, I never really knew him well, just enough to say hi to in passing.

I do remember the first time I ever really saw him play pool though.

I was sitting with my buddy and a few other guys along the rail at Shooters when they had the old setup. We knew Dave was a good pool player, we just never knew how good.

Anyways, Dave was playing some guy I don't know for a few bucks in snooker when Dave gets up and runs a century on him. At first all of us, including Dave were in shock because the only one keeping score was the guy Dave was playing. As Dave finished clearing the table the guy looked and him and said "shit man, you just ran a century on me". And he was right. I think it was something around 110.

Dave was pretty pumped about it saying it was the first century he had ever run. All of us sitting along the rail stood up and high fived him as he walked by us with a big smile on his face. He seemed like a pretty good guy, and he sure could shoot a mean game of pool.

It was pretty cool and still is the only century I've ever witnessed live.

and I'm pretty sure Dave took home the cash that day too :)

srs314
10-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Cool, thanks for the story! I think he told me about that time, we used to play a lot of double snooker against people at JJQ's. We also played many games of snooker golf, I can tell he would be capable of running 100+.

I was a weak player at the time but he taught me to escape and keep leaving the guy that shot after me no shot and he would run the numbers. Always one of the smartest guys I know at figuring out how to win.

I emailed your story to John Morra, I'm sure he will love to read it!

Thanks again!

The Kurly One
11-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Falcon OL 7 3 Falcon Shafts, (Talisman soft, medium, hard)
1 Roy Mason Custom Triangular shaft 12 mm
Bunjee Jumper
BK2
Embassy (break cue)
1000 Grit sandpaper
Ultimate tip tool
Terry Towel
Master Blue Chalk

djpstacked03
12-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Brunswick cue for break
Viking butt with predator 314 2 shaft for playing cue