PDA

View Full Version : How about it, Cliff Joyner?

Keith McCready
04-06-2003, 05:43 AM
Haven't seen you on the new AzB board. I've thought about your offer of 10-7, and I accept.

Let me know when you come out of retirement.

Keith "Earthquake" McCready

vagabond
04-06-2003, 06:14 AM
Hi,
I will tell Cliff about your response,If I run into him.By the way what can u give to SPARKY and ``Slim Corny``? cheers
vagabond
:) :)

Keith McCready
04-10-2003, 05:16 AM
Ask not what [your] Keith can do for Sparky and Corn. Ask what Sparky and Corn can do for [your] Keith.

Hogman
04-10-2003, 07:26 AM
Does anyone know if cliff joyner was at the Viking tour stop at northfield billiards in Northfield, OH? I can't tell by the photos on this site whether or not it was him but someone who looks like him was shooting pretty good before he lost a thriller to a local player.

Blackjack
04-10-2003, 08:09 AM
wait a second......
Keith McCready, awake, conscious and sober at 5AM the day after his birthday?????
What's this world coming to?????

BTW Keith everyone in El Paso sends a friendly hello, except for Tito!!!

Blackjack

Picture quotation :

"Hey Grady, up your ass with the spot...okay with you?"

jungledude
04-11-2003, 07:06 PM
Keither with the either is Cliff ducking you ? Heard you're playing well and doing good. Proud of you my man. Let's do that biography of you we talked about ! HUmphrey:)

Keith McCready
04-12-2003, 04:15 AM
Top of the morning, Humphrey. Good to "see" you.

I am going to Fast Eddie's in Alexandria, Virginia, today, to shoot in the Falcon Cue tournament. Hope to overcome a couple of roadblocks there.

Cliff, wherever you are, I will try you with some of that 10-7. Get out of that rocking chair, leave the cane at home, and let's get it going. I'll even sing you a song if you come: Summertime and the tables are easy, Cliff Joyner's coming, and my bank roll is high.

Hold off on the autobio, Humphrey, because the Earthquake is back, and the best is yet to come!

ghost ball
04-18-2016, 01:18 PM
13 years later, did this ever happen?

tucson9ball
04-18-2016, 01:25 PM

How did you dig up this old gem?

JoeyM
04-18-2016, 02:04 PM
I saw Cliff last week. He has been hanging around here lately.

deanoc
04-18-2016, 02:30 PM
keith
my grandson is 7 barely years old
i let him hit balls on my home table

this morning i heard the balls making a nice clicking sound
looked up and saw his right arm was about 45degree angle i remembered your stroke

you remember rick landsburry from orange county now?

magicrat69210
04-18-2016, 03:35 PM
Its Alive!!!!! :thumbup:

jasonlaus
04-18-2016, 03:40 PM
Aw shit, thought this was new :(

Somebody deserves a Red rep lol

TATE
04-18-2016, 06:04 PM

Don't think so and I don't think anybody would have thought it was a good game for Cliff. Keith got himself in stroke by summer and took 3rd at the US Open 9 Ball that year.

westcoast
04-18-2016, 06:17 PM
Does Keith play at all any more?

BmoreMoney
04-18-2016, 06:24 PM
Don't think so and I don't think anybody would have thought it was a good game for Cliff. Keith got himself in stroke by summer and took 3rd at the US Open 9 Ball that year.

Don't know how cliff Joyner plays now compared to when this story took place. It was around '98 or '99 or so and Cliff was in South Carolina and called Jack & Jills looking for Maxi ( skinny Max from Baltimore ) to play some. Cliff offered 10-6 and wanted to bet HIGH. I honestly don't really remember anyone spotting Max in one pocket but DEFINITELY never a big spot like that. Max had all of his own action but Cliff said his backers would cover any and all side action too so we couldn't get our money in fast enough. As soon as game was confirmed Cliff and his peeps were on the road headed to Jack & Jills. They rolled up in two packed S class Mercedes around 3 am and it was on. Cliff absolutely DESTROYED Max! None of us had ever seen that happen before. I remember Jeremy Jones beat him playing nine ball but that was a battle. It took Cliff like 3 hours or so to get all the cash and back on the road to Carolina. My point is this; and Jenny probably would know better than me, but at that time I think Max probably played even one hole with Keith and Max may have even been the favorite ( in one hole only ).

cuesblues
04-18-2016, 06:51 PM
Aw shit, thought this was new :(

Somebody deserves a Red rep lol

I know
As if there isn't enough current nonsense on AZ, now people have to dig up nonsense from the past

pwd72s
04-18-2016, 07:04 PM
Sucked me in! :(

PoolBum
04-18-2016, 08:20 PM
I'm still waiting for this match to take place and for the IPT to return.

ghost ball
04-18-2016, 09:37 PM
I know
As if there isn't enough current nonsense on AZ, now people have to dig up nonsense from the past

Oh excuse me, one legend calling out another legend on AZbilliards is nonsense. This thread shows what azbilliards was once was and what it has become.

cuesblues
04-19-2016, 03:12 AM
Oh excuse me, one legend calling out another legend on AZbilliards is nonsense. This thread shows what azbilliards was once was and what it has become.

It would of been legendary had the match ever occurred, and how does a match that didn't happen 13-years ago reflect what AZ has become.
There are quite a few vintage matches to talk about that actually happened.
What about all of the matches that didn't happen last year?
As far as AZ Billiards then and now, 13-years ago we had a men's tour.

It is always good though to see the old threads from way back when, to reminds us
about the good ole days, back when guests could post.
Imagine if they could do that now.

deanoc
04-19-2016, 05:24 AM
I'm kinda cnew to az and I don't understandwhat we are talking about
what was Az before?

Is Keiths post a reminder of what was once good?

I know its the first post I have seen of it's kind and I
enjoy seeing something from him

I would like to hear a few stories and look at some videos of his stroke

TX Poolnut
04-19-2016, 05:56 AM
I'm kinda cnew to az and I don't understandwhat we are talking about
what was Az before?

Is Keiths post a reminder of what was once good?

I know its the first post I have seen of it's kind and I
enjoy seeing something from him

I would like to hear a few stories and look at some videos of his stroke

The original post is 13 years old. Someone responded to this 13 year old thread and bumped it to the top of the forum. Look at the dates at the top of the posts at the beginning of this thread.

Black-Balled
04-19-2016, 05:59 AM
Just a little reminder ablut how well the top players ay :eek :
Don't know how cliff Joyner plays now compared to when this story took place. It was around '98 or '99 or so and Cliff was in South Carolina and called Jack & Jills looking for Maxi ( skinny Max from Baltimore ) to play some. Cliff offered 10-6 and wanted to bet HIGH. I honestly don't really remember anyone spotting Max in one pocket but DEFINITELY never a big spot like that. Max had all of his own action but Cliff said his backers would cover any and all side action too so we couldn't get our money in fast enough. As soon as game was confirmed Cliff and his peeps were on the road headed to Jack & Jills. They rolled up in two packed S class Mercedes around 3 am and it was on. Cliff absolutely DESTROYED Max! None of us had ever seen that happen before. I remember Jeremy Jones beat him playing nine ball but that was a battle. It took Cliff like 3 hours or so to get all the cash and back on the road to Carolina. My point is this; and Jenny probably would know better than me, but at that time I think Max probably played even one hole with Keith and Max may have even been the favorite ( in one hole only ).

deanoc
04-19-2016, 06:10 AM
now that we all know that, i guess there is no need for the guys to play

would your semi disclaimer that you don't know etc preclude you from making a friendly $5000
wager on Cliff if the game were scheduled today and played soon or can we assume that your detective services are for informational purposes only?

just askin

seven_7days
04-19-2016, 06:33 AM
The original post is 13 years old. Someone responded to this 13 year old thread and bumped it to the top of the forum. Look at the dates at the top of the posts at the beginning of this thread.

If Cliff is winning and playing at Mike Wong's speed, then the match is still going on.

uwate
04-19-2016, 06:41 AM
even from those two posts you can tell Keith was one of the true personalities of pool. Its a real shame hes not active anymore. Sing a song...lol that was great

hotrod622
04-19-2016, 08:51 AM
even from those two posts you can tell Keith was one of the true personalities of pool. Its a real shame hes not active anymore. Sing a song...lol that was great

Dave, are you the same same Dave Uwate that attended UC Berkeley back in the late 80s early 90s?

Black-Balled
04-19-2016, 12:25 PM
Dave, are you the same same Dave Uwate that attended UC Berkeley back in the late 80s early 90s?

Goddam hippies.

Out of the car, longhair.

uwate
04-19-2016, 05:58 PM

Yes that would be me. Cal 89 grad.

I was a grateful dead following, green grass and high tide hippie type yes. Does that get me the wild 8? I might even wear pachouli if I can get the 7.

TATE
04-19-2016, 06:02 PM

I was a grateful dead following, green grass and high tide hippie type yes. Does that get me the wild 8? I might even wear pachouli if I can get the 7.

89? You're a young-in, too young to be a true hippie.

My father in law is a Cal Bear and his father was too. His daughter (my wife) is USC, so naturally we have nice family gatherings as long as sports aren't mentioned. Or politics. They are both as conservative as could be.

uwate
04-19-2016, 06:42 PM
I feel old enough that I tell people I was there when they domesticated the dog and discovered fire.

No hippie long hair though, then or now. For no other reason than long hair gets in my eyes when I play pool :-)

JAM
04-20-2016, 01:40 AM

I love patchouli. :D

JAM
04-20-2016, 01:45 AM
When this thread was made, it was before AzBilliards software updated to the new forum format. At that time, Cliff Joyner was posting here as a member.

We used to run into Cliff on the road. Since I have been with Keith, they played two times for the cheese, with Keith getting spotted. One time, Cliff was using a warped stick, a borrowed stick, and he just couldn't get any headway.

Colonel
04-20-2016, 01:48 AM
If Cliff is winning and playing at Mike Wong's speed, then the match is still going on.

And he still needs 2 to win