PDA

View Full Version : Santos Cue???

Shorty
04-02-2005, 05:52 PM
What cue does Santos play with? I am just curious...nice looking stick and he makes it work for him well. I also noticed that he is only 10 pounds heavier than me...is he really that small?

Wow...I definately gotta meet this guy someday.

Shorty

br8knrun52
04-02-2005, 06:45 PM
What cue does Santos play with? I am just curious...nice looking stick and he makes it work for him well. I also noticed that he is only 10 pounds heavier than me...is he really that small?

Shorty

Hey Shorty-

Last time I saw him, he was shooting with a PFD. He's a really nice guy to talk with. He maybe small (i think 5'1''- 5'3'') but he has a MONSTER break!

Worminator
04-02-2005, 06:49 PM

Shorty

If you are speaking of the Curly Purpleheart and Ivory cue, its is a pfd Studios cue. I believe Paul is in the process of building Santos a new cue.

I believe I heard he is like 5' 3", and around 95 pounds.

AuntyDan
04-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Do you mean the purpleheart cue with tons of ivory? If so I believe it is a PFD Studios cue similar to this one, but with purpleheart instead of ebony:

http://www.pfdcues.com/html/cues/0603.html

And yes, Santos is small but as a Pool player he is a giant, IMHO.

stolz2
04-02-2005, 08:58 PM
I picked up Santos cue, a few weeks ago, and swear it felt no heavier then 17oz.

Mack

Hal
04-02-2005, 10:37 PM
he plays with a PFD Studios custom cue. I don't know if they're worth all the hype, but they're definitely nice cues. I don't like the way his website is laid out.

pfduser
04-03-2005, 03:38 AM
he plays with a PFD Studios custom cue. I don't know if they're worth all the hype, but they're definitely nice cues. I don't like the way his website is laid out.

I play with a PFD and really like it,plus Paul is a nice guy to deal with.

Shorty
04-03-2005, 05:31 AM
Hey thanks to you all...yeah being a small guy myself, it's nice to have someone small doing well in the pool world. I watched the match where he beat Mike Davis at the Summit of Pool. Good match indeed...but I hate the way ESPN skips games. It is just amazing to me how Santos hits with so much bottom english and spins the rock like it is nothing. He really can roll the cue ball. The PFD seems a bit whippy to me...almost flimsy shaft like an old Meucci. I can't control the rock with that much spin myself.

But hey...Great job Lil Giant!

Shorty