PDA

View Full Version : Houston Open Update

sizl
04-03-2005, 10:50 AM
I just wanted to give you Azer's what you are looking for .................AN ACTION REPORT :D

The Houston Open got underway at Legend's Billiards, the place where Efren started his reign of terror back in the 80's. Their is a long list of talent shooting it out for the championship. The usual suspects include Jeremy Jones, Charlie "Hillbilly" Bryant, Sylver Ochoa, Doug Young, Denis Strickland, Javier Franco, Jeff Abernathy, John "I WILL SEND IT IN" Macias, as well as a host of other players "fighting on the felt"

Their was toooooooo many matches to remember, but here are the ones I watched or remembered. Sylver Ochoa and Doug Young matched up in a classic hill to hill match, before Ochoa sank the final 9 for the win. "Hillbilly" played a local player named "Junior" and it was over before it got started...and finally you heard "Hillbilly on the hill", and he preceeded to break and run out for the win. Jeremy is still in the winners bracket.

Gabe was there, but he was not playing. I talked briefly with him and he said " I just did not feel like playing" :cool: HMMMMMMMMMMMM!

I have more to report and some good pics, but my son has a baseball game at 1:30 and I am out of time. I will post MORE later. I have some "backroom" info that will shock you :eek:

I just got back from my son's baseball game, so I will finish my report on the first day of the Houston Open. The back room action I was referring to earlier consisted of Jeremy Jones and "Little John" playing EVEN 9ball. They was racing to 9 for a few jellybeans. Now I know what you are saying......."LJ playing Jeremy EVEN :eek:, he has no chance!

But I failed to mention he was getting 2 to 1.2 on the money. Who do you like?

I really felt like in the beginning of the match Double J was feeling the heat a little as LJ raced out to a 7-2 lead. LJ was running out in the 10th game but played poor position on the 5 ball and here comes Jeremy. The next thing you know it was 8-6, then 8-7. In the 16th game LJ was running out to win the match but played poor position again and he paid for it. He seemed to have a relatively easy shot on the 6 in the corner. All he needed to do was float it in with a little inside(right) (center would have worked) but he seemed to put a little outside(left) on it and hooked himself behind the 8. Now it is hill- hill..... race to 1 for the CHEEEEEEEEEEESE. Jeremy broke and once again he was feeling the heat and missed a three ball and LJ got back to the table. He did not look back as he ran out for the jellybeans. Both players had matches to play so they decided to play later.

After their matches they decided to lock horns again. This is when IMHO LJ made a "bad jellybean management decision". They doubled the stakes :rolleyes: I did not agree with that decision, I feel like that you have the pressure on Double J. He had to win two sets to be even, now all he had to do was win one set to be even. I asked LJ before they started..WHY????. he stated in typical LJ fashion, he said "I can lose jellybean or I can win a BUNCH OF JELLBEANS". In other words he went for the jugular vein. Once again I did not agree with the decision, but I damn sure respected it. You are not going to win shit backing up.

The match started out just the opposite of the first set with Jeremy taking a commanding lead. It was 5-1, then it was 7-2 and before you knew it it was 7-5. Jeremy looked like he was still in control as he proceeded to run out, but he made a bad shot and LJ got back to the table. Unfortunately for LJ he could not take advantage of the opportunity and Jeremy run out to get to the hill. Jeremy was up 8-5 and breaking for the match, he got into some trouble and LJ had a chance, but once again he failed to take advantage of it and Double J went on to win the set and it was over.

I think we should change LJ name to "John Senditin Macias. because he will SEND IT IN

I will put more info about Sunday's events tonight!

I know this is not a "JAM report", but I did the best I could. :D
I had a few "top shelf margaritas" that kind of clouded my memory :p

frankncali
04-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the report

Did you get your cue yet?

I was thinking Mike might have came over with it for the tournament.

Did they have a calcutta? If yes was it a good one.
Best I ever saw was just outside Houston in Port Arthur.

If you get back check on David G and Nuclear Bob for me.

later

sizl
04-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the report

Did you get your cue yet?

I was thinking Mike might have came over with it for the tournament.

Did they have a calcutta? If yes was it a good one.
Best I ever saw was just outside Houston in Port Arthur.

If you get back check on David G and Nuclear Bob for me.

later

It SHOULD be here Tuesday :confused: Yes they had a HUGE calcutta, I am not sure the totals, but I will post them later.

P.S. I added more info to my first reply

deadstroke32
04-03-2005, 05:15 PM
It SHOULD be here Tuesday :confused: Yes they had a HUGE calcutta, I am not sure the totals, but I will post them later.

P.S. I added more info to my first reply

Ok now that is what i like to read ,So who is this little jon ? I hear he plays ok but like to beat hi..
Hit be back with some info fo so if i see him on the road i can put in a bet some were .. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sizl
04-04-2005, 03:23 PM
After two loooooooong days of "fighting on the felt", Chen Lee beat "Little John" Macias in the finals and is the winner of the 2005 Houston Open.

Do not think for one minute that Texas "pool people" will not send it in. The payouts for the trny and the calcutta was a whopping $37,440. :eek:

I do not have any details as I was not able to go to Sunday's finals, but here is the top 8.

The total payouts are the tournament and calcutta combined

1st - Chen Lee/ $10,910

2nd - "LJ" Macias/ $7,445

3rd - Jeff Franklin/ $5,330

4th - David Henson / $3,495

5th/6th - James Davis Sr. / $2,125
Sylver Ochoa / $2,125

7th/8th - Ted Dean /$1,511
"Hillbilly" Bryant / $1,511

hemicudas
04-04-2005, 03:27 PM
After two loooooooong days of "fighting on the felt", Chen Lee beat "Little John" Macias in the finals and is the winner of the 2005 Houston Open.

Do not think for one minute that Texas "pool people" will not send it in. The payouts for the trny and the calcutta was a whopping $37,440. :eek:

I do not have any details as I was not able to go to Sunday's finals, but here is the top 8.

The total payouts are the tournament and calcutta combined

1st - Chen Lee/ $10,910

2nd - "LJ" Macias/ $7,445

3rd - Jeff Franklin/ $5,330

4th - David Henson / $3,495

5th/6th - James Davis Sr. / $2,125
Sylver Ochoa / $2,125

7th/8th - Ted Dean /$1,511
"Hillbilly" Bryant / $1,511

Wayda hang, Lil Jon. Best of luck in the future.