PDA

View Full Version : people with several nice cues, how do you store them?

scottycoyote
04-03-2005, 03:10 PM
just curious........im starting to amass a few cues.....and i want to get severalmore nice ones in the future.......how and where do you keep them all? I dont want to have to buy a case for every one of them, dont want to carry them all with me in a 4 x 8 or something, i plan on having more than that probably one day anyway. Do you guys have glass display cases? Pool cue rack like at the bar? Should they be stored put together or broken down?

Jack Flanagan
04-03-2005, 03:20 PM
store mine in a salesman's case,,,12 butts/24 shafts,,,has wheels and a pull up handle like a piece of luggage,,,,,,don't carry more than a 2b/4s case full when I go out sharkin',,,the big case holds my best; I take 'em out and play with the good stuff occasionally so's they won't forget how to make a few balls,,,LOL

ironchef.
04-03-2005, 04:29 PM
I store my cues in individual 1x2 cases standing up. Its been suggested that having the cues stored standing up (and broken down), most of the weight would be at the bumper of the forearm and tips of the shafts, thereby reducing potential warpage. I would be leary about storing a two piece cue put together, but thats just me.

Jack Flanagan
04-03-2005, 06:10 PM
most places that stock/sell pool cues (including mine) have cues on display, screwed together and standing up....personal cues I have at the poolroom, have been put together in a wall rack in the office for 2 years now,,,no warping problems ( it is a climate controlled environment !),,,but, I do not screw them together tightly,,,just something I've always done,,,,,works for me.

cornerstone
04-03-2005, 07:10 PM
just curious........im starting to amass a few cues.....and i want to get severalmore nice ones in the future.......how and where do you keep them all? I dont want to have to buy a case for every one of them, dont want to carry them all with me in a 4 x 8 or something, i plan on having more than that probably one day anyway. Do you guys have glass display cases? Pool cue rack like at the bar? Should they be stored put together or broken down?
cues should always be stored upright , and i would recomend broken down in cases!but what i have found works best (as most of my cues are3000-$10,000 cues) is a large gun safe and a humidity controller also for guns , found in your local sporting goods store! your cost for a good one is 1500.00 and that is good insurance if you are starting to invest! it is a good way to store and protect your cues at the same time! good luck collecting cues P.S. the surgon general has determined that collecting cues can be habit forming and has been known to cause divorces!!! wishes Bill www.cornerstonecustomcues.com :D

Jack Flanagan
04-03-2005, 07:15 PM
cues should always be stored upright , and i would recomend broken down in cases!.... P.S. the surgon general has determined that collecting cues can be habit forming and has been known to cause divorces!!! wishes Bill www.cornerstonecustomcues.com :D

NOW somebody tells me,,,always wondered why my wife left me; now I know the real reason....LOL

scottycoyote
04-03-2005, 07:39 PM
hmmm the gunsafe is a good idea.......ive been thinking of getting one anyway. I doubt if ill ever get to your level of collecting, but Im on the list for a hercek, i have a nice schon and a steve klein, and im looking to pick up some cues here and there. Id like to pick up a southwest eventually, maybe a nice titleist conversion, richard black, tim scruggs, etc.

Hal
04-03-2005, 10:31 PM
As long as your buying nice cues, buy nice cases too. I wouldn't insult my cues by putting them into anything less than tooled leather.

buddha162
04-05-2005, 11:25 PM
I wouldn't insult my cues by putting them into anything less than tooled leather.

Wow, tooled leather. I guess I've been insulting my cues for some time now, no wonder they're not performing up to par.

-Roger

Hal
04-06-2005, 02:33 AM
Wow, tooled leather. I guess I've been insulting my cues for some time now, no wonder they're not performing up to par.

-Roger

I was simply implying that he could possibly buy nice cases that would also add to the value of his collection.

buddha162
04-06-2005, 02:54 AM
I was simply implying that he could possibly buy nice cases that would also add to the value of his collection.

I know, I guess jabs in jest do not translate very well online...though my cues are definitely underperforming :)

-Roger

scottycoyote
04-06-2005, 06:42 AM
well the thing about the cases........i dont want to end up with 8 or 10 cases laying around, and i just dont want to put alot of money in cases either......nice cases are going to run 1 to 300 a piece. Plus I plan on playing with most of my cues, so then means changing the cues out of the case i carry (that has all my goodies in it), either that or I have to buy a set of tip tools, towel, etc for each case so its ready to go.

No just too much trouble that way, i want to be able to just go up to my cues, pull one out and put it in the case and take off.

Fred Agnir
04-06-2005, 07:31 AM

Start a case collection. ;)

I use a 12/24 from J&J.

Fred

dooziexx
04-06-2005, 07:40 AM
well the thing about the cases........i dont want to end up with 8 or 10 cases laying around, and i just dont want to put alot of money in cases either......nice cases are going to run 1 to 300 a piece. Plus I plan on playing with most of my cues, so then means changing the cues out of the case i carry (that has all my goodies in it), either that or I have to buy a set of tip tools, towel, etc for each case so its ready to go.

No just too much trouble that way, i want to be able to just go up to my cues, pull one out and put it in the case and take off.

Hey Scotty,
You dont have to have that many cases lying around. You can get dealer cases for the cues you want to collect and a regular case when you go out to play... Dealer cases comes in these sizes:
1) 12 butts, 24 shafts
2) 20 butts, 20 shafts
3) 24 butts, 48 shafts
4) 40 butts, 40 shafts
All of these dealer cases have wheels and handle... I personally own a 12x24 and a 24x48. If you are interested in these cases, let me know and I can get them for you for cheap...
-Erik

Jack Flanagan
04-06-2005, 09:20 AM
Hey Scotty,
You dont have to have that many cases lying around. You can get dealer cases for the cues you want to collect and a regular case when you go out to play... Dealer cases comes in these sizes:
1) 12 butts, 24 shafts
2) 20 butts, 20 shafts
3) 24 butts, 48 shafts
4) 40 butts, 40 shafts
All of these dealer cases have wheels and handle... I personally own a 12x24 and a 24x48. If you are interested in these cases, let me know and I can get them for you for cheap...
-Erik

the distributors that I deal with, only carry the 12/24 case,,,pm me with some info on a 20/20 case,,,jflan