PDA

View Full Version : Janet Atwell Fan

bustinbob_99
04-03-2005, 06:33 PM
How about that Janet? She is a class act and a great pool player. She's brand new on tour and will soon be in the TV rounds. Awesome techniques and a great deal of discipline. Congrat's, Janet.

sarahrousey
04-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Bob,

I agree with you. Janet is one of my good friends. She is a great player that everyone needs to watch out for. She showed alot of heart in this tournament. I wish her luck in the future.

Sarah

Melissa Herndon
04-04-2005, 12:14 AM
I would also like to add my congratulations to Janet on a fine tournament....and for having the strongest heart I've seen in a long time. As you all know, I had her 8-1...and fatigue set in for me and she capitalized on it perfectly. Most players would have given up....but Janet just kept her head together and plugged away...the way you are supposed to. I learned a lot from her about mental attitude this weekend. She is a great competitor....and a super sweet person.

A couple of hours before she and I played....I was in the practice room with her. I showed her a couple of things about the rack...and a better way to shoot with the bridge. Looking back..maybe I shouldn't have...LOL!

Anyhow, if any of you get a chance to meet her....don't pass it up. She is friendly and professional...and class act all the way!

Melissa

sjm
04-04-2005, 01:42 AM
Great performance by Janet Atwell, though she's hardly new on the WPBA scene. Though she doesn't play every event, she has surely been on tour since the 2002 season.

Janet joined a very short list of players that posted a top 5 finish in their first career top 10 WPBA finish. The only others I can think of right now are Melissa Herndon and Kelly Fisher.

Hope this is the start of good things to come for Janet.

Mike Templeton
04-04-2005, 05:16 AM
Bob,

I agree with you. Janet is one of my good friends. She is a great player that everyone needs to watch out for. She showed alot of heart in this tournament. I wish her luck in the future.

Sarah
She is definitely the pride of Chilhowie!

Mike