PDA

View Full Version : Jenn The Snooker Player

9 Ball Girl
04-04-2005, 09:33 AM
http://www.ibsf.org/news/newsline.php?subaction=showfull&id=1112476245&archive=&cnshow=headlines&start_from=&ucat=3

It also looks like you're going to have your work cut out for you when you go to the U.K. Show 'em what we American girls are made out of!

http://www.uk8ball.com/viewtopic.php?topic=14936&forum=36&23 UK players and WPBA

greenkill
04-04-2005, 01:09 PM
wow their remarks are rather rude.

hobokenapa
04-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Any idea what kind of breaks she was getting?

Kelly Fisher is, IMHO, the most talented woman ever to pick up a cue.

Wally in Cincy
04-04-2005, 02:28 PM
wow their remarks are rather rude.

the womens 9 ball standard is disgusting and they should be embarrassed to be called proffessionals

How would they know? They probably have never watched WPBA.

HOB Weert
04-04-2005, 03:58 PM
Any idea what kind of breaks she was getting?

Wendy Jans made a 106 last week in a competition match, and didn't picked up her Snookercue that much lately.

MH
HOB Weert

JennBarretta
04-04-2005, 05:15 PM
It's always fun getting ripped to shreds on foreign websites. I hope they won't be this mean to my face.

9 Ball Girl
04-04-2005, 05:44 PM
Getting "ripped" like that would just add fuel to my fire. And being a New Yawker, that ain't much of a "rip". Go get 'em!

AuntyDan
04-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Don't worry Jennifer, once they meet you in person they will quickly be singing a different song. Not only because you will doubtlessly charm them but because you will beat 99% of everyone you play against there ;-)

There is very little awareness in the UK how strong the female players on the WPBA tour are. I grew up in the UK following Snooker and had absolutely no idea there even was a professional Women's Snooker circuit as it was never on TV or in the national newspapers. It was not until I came to the USA that I saw players like Allison Fisher and Karen Corr. The British have no idea what they have given away (http://azbilliards.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=11738).

Have a great time on your trip and travel safely!

lukeinva
04-04-2005, 08:47 PM
It's always fun getting ripped to shreds on foreign websites. I hope they won't be this mean to my face.

Jen,

Just ask them why they dont have teeth, and the ones that do have teeth ask them why they are all brown!! hahaha!!! lol

JennBarretta
04-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Hey Wendy...they've definitely lit a fire under my Yankee bottom. I'm out for blood.

AuntyDan...it was great meeting you & getting to chat out in San Diego! I'm sure everyone will be cool when I get to England...especially after I kick their butts.

Jenn

Alan Morris
04-05-2005, 12:56 AM
Hi Jennifer,

It was a pleasure having the opportunity to play snooker with you in New York.

I am sure when you come over here to England they will treat you with the respect you deserve.

I look forward to seeing you while you are in Nottingham.

Best wishes.

Alan.

Buckster_uk
04-05-2005, 02:57 PM
UK 8-Ball players have this hatred towards 9-ball players lol, they just think "big pockets = easy game". I am sure you will get 9-ball fans at the Rileys Nights Jennifer, we are the nicer pool bunch over here in the UK :)

Buckster_uk
04-05-2005, 03:06 PM
How would they know? They probably have never watched WPBA.

Not to stick up for the UK 8-Ballers, but we have been getting the WPBA on Sky Sports since the start of the year, possible even from the end of 2004, I cannot remember.

JennBarretta
04-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Hey Alan...I'm still expecting a tour of Nottingham while I'm out there.

Buckster...I'm hoping you're right about the Rileys crowd!

All the best,

Jenn

Snapshot9
04-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Jenn ... Saw your match on TV recently ... You could have won it .... Better luck next time.

Ever notice the stance all those European women snooker players have, like
Allison, Karen, and the lot ... standing parallel with their sticks in lieu of standing
at a 45 degree angle to it. I can't help it ... I just can't ... when they show them from the back, it looks like a woman bent over a bed .... lol

It's a wonder they have a straight stroke and not hitting their butt hand on their hip when they stroke the cueball ....

JennBarretta
04-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Allison, Karen, and the lot ... standing parallel with their sticks in lieu of standing
at a 45 degree angle to it. I can't help it ... I just can't ... when they show them from the back, it looks like a woman bent over a bed .... lol

That's a little more information than I needed!

Cue of Fury
04-25-2005, 08:56 AM
That's a little more information than I needed!

LOL, TMI!!!!

In reference to Snapshot9: Their stances do look odd to me as well, but evidently it works for them so I will not question it. As far as the other part of your comment, that is sort of the appearance that it gives but I digress.

notasexistpig
05-11-2005, 09:10 PM

It's a wonder they have a straight stroke and not hitting their butt hand on their hip when they stroke the cueball ....
that's how male snooker players often stand, too. do you have the same thoughts about dennis taylor when you see him play?