PDA

View Full Version : Double Elim.on WPBA Tour

Johnnyt
04-04-2005, 02:37 PM
While I am happy to see Kelly Fisher win her first WPBA tourny why did she only have to win one match against Gerda. Gerda had not lost a match and Kelly did. Johnnyt

Johnnyt
04-04-2005, 02:43 PM
TV SET Only three 2hour matches. :rolleyes: Edited to three one hour matches for TV :cool:

"Gremlin"
Thank you Gremlin. But that's not right IMHO. Johnnyt

Johnnyt
04-04-2005, 02:52 PM
I understand your thinking about true double elimination but they can't do it for TV the way they have the time set up

"Gremlin"
If it was any sport other than pool they would stay until it was over. Johnnyt :mad:

AuntyDan
04-04-2005, 05:07 PM
And whilst they adding true double elimination how about having the sets get longer the closer you get to the final not shorter? A final match should be a race to 11 at a minimum IMHO. And what about showing the entire match and not cutting out games? Or having the final rounds shown live whilst we're dreaming here?

But the answer is the same, ESPN and the 45 minute (Less adverts) time slot the WPBA has to fill. However before we complain too much bear in mind that the EPSN WPBA coverage is the ONLY consistent Pool program shown on US TV. Therefore although us fans would love to see better TV coverage, if it is a choice between what we get now and nothing there is no contest.

landshark77
04-04-2005, 06:04 PM
My two cents..............

..............SJM has mentioned in a previous thread that they should reduce the race on the loser's side. I tend to agree. I also agree that the winner's side and final matches need to be a higher race. I guess the only problem with the finals is the hour slot they have to show the matches on ESPN. They already do alot of cutting up of the race to 7 finals.

vapoolplayer
04-04-2005, 07:44 PM
this is a sore subject all the time.

yes the person who is in the hotseat didn't lose a match...............

but, the person who wins the loser's bracket had to win MORE matches.

so its a catch 22 situation.

i think the race should be to 11 or 17 in the final match of the winner's side............but thats just my opinion.

VAP

sjm
04-04-2005, 07:49 PM
I once played in a tournament where the final was a race to nine, but the person who came into it undefeated got two games on the wire. Seemed pretty fair to me.

Johnnyt
04-04-2005, 08:50 PM
I see your point sjm about the loser playing and winning more games. But that is not so much the case if lets say Vivian had beat Kelly Fisher. She would have only played 1 more game than Gerda if my math is right. Johnnyt