PDA

View Full Version : Joss Cue Question

Perk
04-05-2005, 09:51 AM
My friend picked up a cue at a pawn shop, and they said it was a Joss. Another friend of ours said it looked like a Joss. I looked it over, and they have similarities, but I dont think it is.

Do ALL of Joss cues have either the word Joss, or the logo on the butt? And do ALL of Joss cues have the engraving with the serial number on the joint collar?

His do not, so I had to ask. Whether his is or isnt, he got a good deal, since it hits well, and is in mint shape.

drivermaker
04-05-2005, 09:55 AM
My friend picked up a cue at a pawn shop, and they said it was a Joss. Another friend of ours said it looked like a Joss. I looked it over, and they have similarities, but I dont think it is.

Do ALL of Joss cues have either the word Joss, or the logo on the butt? And do ALL of Joss cues have the engraving with the serial number on the joint collar?

His do not, so I had to ask. Whether his is or isnt, he got a good deal, since it hits well, and is in mint shape.

I don't know when Joss started engraving the joint collar, but I've never seen one without it. See if it says Joss on the bottom of the rubber bumper also.
They also use a different and specific size weight bolt. I guess you'd have to know what that is and looks like, but compare that.

Fred Agnir
04-05-2005, 09:58 AM

His do not, so I had to ask. Whether his is or isnt, he got a good deal, since it hits well, and is in mint shape.Joss Cues from the 80's did not have the engraving. And I'm sure I saw pre-mid 80's Joss cues that did not have the word "JOSS" on it.

Picture or description.

Fred

k-carson
04-05-2005, 09:58 AM
joss has changed their logo and where they have put it several several times over the years but i think they are for the most part all marked somewhere

1pRoscoe
04-05-2005, 10:15 AM
I have a 97-98 Joss and it doesn't have this engraved on the joint collar...

hotcues
04-05-2005, 12:11 PM

The blue book of cues has all the dates of all the logos in it. I don't have the book with me. But Fred is right, the 80-85 didn't have logos. Also the stick could be refinished at some time.

MFB
04-05-2005, 12:24 PM
The blue book of cues has all the dates of all the logos in it. I don't have the book with me. But Fred is right, the 80-85 didn't have logos. Also the stick could be refinished at some time.

Very True. I have a Joss from the mid 80s. It had the name 'Joss' on the black collar near the joint. That was the only marking.

When I had it refinished, the name came off, and now you can't tell who made it.

But it still hits great.

Oh, BTW, I am having a 'true' custom cue made, so my Joss and me are gonna part ways. Any interest out there?