PDA

View Full Version : Scotty Townsend

The Milk Man
10-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Anyone have contact info for Scotty. A buddy of mine use to know Scotty and lost contact and wanted to get back in touch with him.

Thx

merkyone
10-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Anyone have contact info for Scotty. A buddy of mine use to know and lost contact and wanted to get back in touch with.

Thx
Try here...

Herman & Ann's Billiards
110 E Crawford St
Dothan, AL 36301
(334) 794-7877‎

The King
10-24-2008, 09:28 PM
I seen him last weekend at The Hole Thang in Macon Georgia him and his son Michael where there ... Scotty is still shooting a good stick and still has his humor ... He beat a friend of mine in the tournament ... Still wears that necklace of his to... I don't have any contact info but know he shows up there once in awhile.

muttley76
10-24-2008, 10:56 PM
It's actually a better bet to get him at Pockets in Dothan now. I talked to him this last weekend and he said Hermans is gone(don't know if he meant that literally or not). He is also supposed to be at the tourney in Valley, AL this weekend at Gmans. Hope this helps.

TheHole
10-25-2008, 03:04 AM
Scotty is awesome!! Always a smile and a story!

Rickey
10-27-2008, 10:46 PM
Yeah,bout the only thing that would cap it all off for him is "Scotty Townsend" the movie "Life of The Legend"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Shoot I could add alot to that script myself.

SpiderWebComm
10-28-2008, 05:45 AM
There's a thread from a year or two ago about Scotty that might have been the best thread ever on AZB.

getsome01
10-28-2008, 10:44 AM
how about a good scotty story,to make my day go by a little faster. thanks.

Rickey
10-28-2008, 04:24 PM
I've got a few good Scotty stories.I've got one from when we went to Players Billiards in Port Arthur,TX,I think that was the name of the place,back in 02 or 03.Let me get the story str8t and i'll post it up.

getsome01
10-29-2008, 08:23 PM
rickey ,you got it yet ?

Rickey
10-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Shit man,I'm sorry,I got tied up at work and forgot all about it.I had to go back in the archives deep in my brain cells and dig it up.I'll post it up 2morrow as I get the story sr8t in my head 2nite.It was a pretty long weekend so I wanna try and be precise about it.Some folks on here may remember some of it.

Rickey
10-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Ok,here goes.This isn't one of those balls to the wall crazy ass Scotty stories that are out there,but it's a nice little road trip that we took down to Port Arthur,Tx back in 02 or 03.We left out on a Friday evening about 5 I guess headed to a tourney down at Players in Port Arthur.I think that was the name of the place.I think all that Scotty had in his pocket when we left was one Benjamin.We call ahead on the way to Winner's Choice Billiards in Sulphur(Gary Medlin's place?) to get us in a Friday night 8 ball tourney.We get there and they failed to put my name on the roster so I get to kick back and drink,while Scotty runs out,AND DRINKS.Hell I think he'd already had a fifth of crown on the rocks and probably half a case of bud before we got there.I don't remember how it all played out but Scotty won the tourney.Clint Freeman had bought Scotty in the calcutta before we got there and I guess with a little jelly Scotty left with prolly $4-$500 in his pocket.So we make it to Port Arthur and find us a motel to catch a few hrs,oh and by the way Scotty paid for everything we ate,rooms and all,and we had another friend that drove us all down there.Well its early morn and we get to the room to crash and I wind up having to sleep in the same bed with this goofy clown.I'm laying there trying to go to sleep and he's laying over there talkin and drinking a plastic solo cup full of crown.He ends up falling asleep with this solo cup of crown balanced on his forehead.Well,needless to say this guy breaks racks and runs out over and over and over in his sleep so the solo cup full of crown ends up all over me and our other buddy a few feet away from us in the other bed.This shit is hilarious.I mean he plays pool all night long,playing the ghost,telling this one guy he can get the seven and all sorts of crazy shit.We get up the next day and head to the pool hall and theres high caliber players everywhere,well higher caliber than me at the time, and all sorts of action.I remember sittin on the bench drinking a beer and Scotty was playing a guy named Sergio,I believe he was from houston,he was getting the 7 for $50 a game and lost $500 in about 20 minutes it seemed like.Well the tourney starts and I win a few matches and then get put out later on in the night.Scotty goes thru and does what he does.We get up the next morning,hung over from hell,well I am anyway,seems it doesn't bother him at all,and we head to the waffle house for breakfast.Before we even leave the motel parking lot Scottys done popped the top on a six pack of the hot case of buds that was left over from that friday nite,this is before we even eat breakfast.We get to the pool hall and you can't drink down there until after 12:00 so he kills another three or four hot beers.We get in there and he plays several mathes thruout the day and gets him ten or twelve crown on the rocks.He's pretty wound up and has to play one of the matches gettin down to the nut cuttin.He gets up there and breaks the balls,grabs the chalk and drops it just a little under the edge of the table,bends down to pick it up pretty swiftly and slams his forehead into the top edge of the table so hard it almost knocked me out.Well he stumbles back a foot or two and proceeds to run that rack and then followed up with seven more.But on the eighth rack he gets a little out a line on the nine in the side and fires it one time and catches the outside tit.People around me were saying if he woulda broke and run eight it would have paid like $4000.Don't know how true that was but oh well.Well Scotty ends up winning the tourney and puts about $5k in his pocket from the whole weekend.He gave our buddy a little jelly for taking us down there and we left him there in the parking lot with an old road buddy of his.There are alot of great Scotty stories out there,this is just one that I happened to be a part of.It was one of the most entertaining road trips I'd ever had.

JoeyA
10-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Ok,here goes.This isn't one of those balls to the wall crazy ass Scotty stories that are out there,but it's a nice little road trip that we took down to Port Arthur,Tx back in 02 or 03.We left out on a Friday evening about 5 I guess headed to a tourney down at Players in Port Arthur.I think that was the name of the place.I think all that Scotty had in his pocket when we left was one Benjamin.We call ahead on the way to Winner's Choice Billiards in Sulphur(Gary Medlin's place?) to get us in a Friday night 8 ball tourney.We get there and they failed to put my name on the roster so I get to kick back and drink,while Scotty runs out,AND DRINKS.Hell I think he'd already had a fifth of crown on the rocks and probably half a case of bud before we got there.I don't remember how it all played out but Scotty won the tourney.Clint Freeman had bought Scotty in the calcutta before we got there and I guess with a little jelly Scotty left with prolly $4-$500 in his pocket.So we make it to Port Arthur and find us a motel to catch a few hrs,oh and by the way Scotty paid for everything we ate,rooms and all,and we had another friend that drove us all down there.Well its early morn and we get to the room to crash and I wind up having to sleep in the same bed with this goofy clown.I'm laying there trying to go to sleep and he's laying over there talkin and drinking a plastic solo cup full of crown.He ends up falling asleep with this solo cup of crown balanced on his forehead.Well,needless to say this guy breaks racks and runs out over and over and over in his sleep so the solo cup full of crown ends up all over me and our other buddy a few feet away from us in the other bed.This shit is hilarious.I mean he plays pool all night long,playing the ghost,telling this one guy he can get the seven and all sorts of crazy shit.We get up the next day and head to the pool hall and theres high caliber players everywhere,well higher caliber than me at the time, and all sorts of action.I remember sittin on the bench drinking a beer and Scotty was playing a guy named Sergio,I believe he was from houston,he was getting the 7 for $50 a game and lost $500 in about 20 minutes it seemed like.Well the tourney starts and I win a few matches and then get put out later on in the night.Scotty goes thru and does what he does.We get up the next morning,hung over from hell,well I am anyway,seems it doesn't bother him at all,and we head to the waffle house for breakfast.Before we even leave the motel parking lot Scottys done popped the top on a six pack of the hot case of buds that was left over from that friday nite,this is before we even eat breakfast.We get to the pool hall and you can't drink down there until after 12:00 so he kills another three or four hot beers.We get in there and he plays several mathes thruout the day and gets him ten or twelve crown on the rocks.He's pretty wound up and has to play one of the matches gettin down to the nut cuttin.He gets up there and breaks the balls,grabs the chalk and drops it just a little under the edge of the table,bends down to pick it up pretty swiftly and slams his forehead into the top edge of the table so hard it almost knocked me out.Well he stumbles back a foot or two and proceeds to run that rack and then followed up with seven more.But on the eighth rack he gets a little out a line on the nine in the side and fires it one time and catches the outside tit.People around me were saying if he woulda broke and run eight it would have paid like $4000.Don't know how true that was but oh well.Well Scotty ends up winning the tourney and puts about $5k in his pocket from the whole weekend.He gave our buddy a little jelly for taking us down there and we left him there in the parking lot with an old road buddy of his.There are alot of great Scotty stories out there,this is just one that I happened to be a part of.It was one of the most entertaining road trips I'd ever had.

Nice story Rickey. That sounds like the Scotty I know too. :D

JoeyA