PDA

View Full Version : Breaking with X Ultra Shaft

Pool Player
10-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Hi,

I do bend the shaft during the break with my playing cue, so my question is if these kind of laminated shaft are able to withstand the pressure of the break.

Thanks all!

Craig Fales
10-25-2008, 06:30 AM
Interesting question. If you bend the bejeesus out of your shaft like Mike Sigel does it would be a good test. I think overall they would hold up. However, I don't think the intention for these shafts are for breaking.

Frankenstroke
10-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Why are you bending your shaft? Are you a Mike Sigel wannabe? There no point to it. That cueball is long gone while you are torturing your equipment.

CrownCityCorey
10-25-2008, 08:57 AM
The Ultra shaft is not intended for breaking.

We do have a Tiger "X" Ultra-Break that is most certainly intended for breaking. It can be purchased for your cue or comes standard on the Tiger IceBreaker Jump/Break cue.

The Ultra-Break has: an IceBreaker Tip, thicker shaft (13.25mm), and a much stiffer taper!

As far as lamination goes, no worries about whether or not the lamination can handle the flex. It can!

9 ball
10-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Can someone answer this question: why do a lot of pro pool player bend their break cues into the cloth, what does this acheive if anything I have seen it a couple of times and bugs the hell out of me.

dbyap
10-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Corey, good run at the open, I don't see the break shaft in the tiger webpage is this a special order item?

Pool Player
10-25-2008, 10:49 AM
As far as lamination goes, no worries about whether or not the lamination can handle the flex. It can!

Thats comforting to hear. I've purchased a jnj j/b but it has yet to arrive, thats why i broke with my playing cue.

Can someone answer this question: why do a lot of pro pool player bend their break cues into the cloth, what does this acheive if anything I have seen it a couple of times and bugs the hell out of me.

IDK..But i think that they look cool doing that -_-

CrownCityCorey
10-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Corey, good run at the open, I don't see the break shaft in the tiger webpage is this a special order item?

Thanks! I will do better next time!

Presently, it is a made to order shaft; however it should be on the website. I'll mention it to the boss on Monday when I get back in the office.

Frankenstroke
10-25-2008, 03:27 PM

Also inflicts heavy scars to the cloth.

CrownCityCorey
10-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks! I will do better next time!

Presently, it is a made to order shaft; however it should be on the website. I'll mention it to the boss on Monday when I get back in the office.

Website updates have been made!

Tiger Shafts (http://www.tigerproducts.com/store/home.php?cat=3)

poolplayer2093
10-29-2008, 04:07 PM

you should let them know it bugs you.

dbyap
10-29-2008, 08:52 PM

Thanks, I was looking for a shaft for my x-breaker cue. I think I just found one.

homepc
10-30-2008, 07:23 AM
If I dont lift my back hand up a bit, I ram my knuckles into the rail! To avoid this, I do lift my back hand up, and if my bridge hand stays down, then I get a bend.....

I also believe thats why Mike Sigel did it. He said in an interview once, that his knuckles would hit the rail if he didn't lift his back hand up.

Pool Player
10-31-2008, 06:46 AM

The new tiger webbie is nice. Great job! ;)

CrownCityCorey
10-31-2008, 09:18 AM
The new tiger webbie is nice. Great job! ;)

Thanks!

It's still got some bugs for us to workout, but it should be completed in the next week or so.

AnitoKid
10-31-2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the info!

:)