PDA

View Full Version : Archer/Strickland places to stay in the Mid West,

bfdlad
10-26-2008, 12:20 PM
I had started a thread a couple of weeks ago asking for help and advice on places for us to stay while in the Mid West. We are looking for hotels that are inexpensive and close to the pool rooms in each area. I am asking for input because we have found that just because the hotels/motels are close to the pool room and inexpensive does not mean that it is a decent place to stay.
In most places we stop off there is someone with enough space in their home who offers to put us put while we are in town, usually johnny and Earl tend to shy away from this but to my amazement they have said it would be fine this time if there is enough room for all 3 of us.
I think this change of heart has come from a great experience we had in Austin, TX and San Antonio, TX. Anyway, if anyone can give us any info on this we would appreciate it. Please feel free to pm me or email me at cantrillmark@yahoo.com or simply reply to this thread. To fine out where we will be in November you can visit www.johnnyarcher.net or http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=5870 for more info, thanks,
Mark,

http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=5870

Quesports
10-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Hell if I had the room and the wife was OK with it I would love to put you up for free! I think it would be an honor to have some of the best players alive as guests!! There ought to be some AZ ers that feel the same. Imagine having Johnny and Earl at your house for a day or so!! Just sounds like a blast to me!!!
Dan

bfdlad
10-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Hell if I had the room and the wife was OK with it I would love to put you up for free! I think it would be an honor to have some of the best players alive as guests!! There ought to be some AZ ers that feel the same. Imagine having Johnny and Earl at your house for a day or so!! Just sounds like a blast to me!!!
Dan
Especially if you have a table at home. We have a great time in TX and like I said I think thats why they are more open to it than before. We had alot of fun BBQing with out hosts and just hanging out with them.

Ken_4fun
10-26-2008, 02:09 PM
I have a large house in North Cincy and offer to my friends here. Just moved here and still doing some unpacking but probably less than 10 miles from Micheals a large pool room here Fairfield.

PM me for details if interested.

Ken

Williebetmore
10-26-2008, 02:44 PM
MC,
Betmore's Basement/Delicatessen/and Hotel is always open Monday night through Thursday night (that weekend job is getting in the way of my pool addiction). East side of Indianapolis, about 8 minutes off I-70.

Pool is free, food is free, beverages free, lodging free.....hell, I'll even let you park for free. I'll let the pro's have a look at the priceless Betmore Cup (you'll have to pay though....sorry). If anyone has the time or inclination for socializing we could always have another cookout (management assumes NO responsibility for anyone consuming more than one "Betmore chocolate martini").

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=104254

bfdlad
10-26-2008, 03:57 PM
I have a large house in North Cincy and offer to my friends here. Just moved here and still doing some unpacking but probably less than 10 miles from Micheals a large pool room here Fairfield.

PM me for details if interested.

Ken
Have you looked at the schedule? What town or city on our trip is closest to Cincy and how close? Please let me know and maybe we can figure it out, thank you for your offer.
Mark,

bfdlad
10-26-2008, 04:00 PM
MC,
Betmore's Basement/Delicatessen/and Hotel is always open Monday night through Thursday night (that weekend job is getting in the way of my pool addiction). East side of Indianapolis, about 8 minutes off I-70.

Pool is free, food is free, beverages free, lodging free.....hell, I'll even let you park for free. I'll let the pro's have a look at the priceless Betmore Cup (you'll have to pay though....sorry). If anyone has the time or inclination for socializing we could always have another cookout (management assumes NO responsibility for anyone consuming more than one "Betmore chocolate martini").

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=104254
I would take you up on this bit you are 2 hours away from any of our stops at this point. Hell you are driving 2 hours to the pool school I think. You rock man, thanks and don't forget I would like to get a physical when I get there, bring your Bag. Thanks :)

bfdlad
10-26-2008, 04:02 PM
I would take you up on this bit you are 2 hours away from any of our stops at this point. Hell you are driving 2 hours to the pool school I think. You rock man, thanks and don't forget I would like to get a physical when I get there, bring your Bag. Thanks :)
Ok my last post after reading sounds bad. If you don't know Willebetmore is a Dr. Maybe the official Dr of the Legends and Champions pool tour. We will be adding more legends as we go. :) they are all in bad health though

Williebetmore
10-26-2008, 06:46 PM

Lad,
You are thinking about this the wrong way. Indianapolis is halfway between everywhere, and everywhere else....look at a map. If you get stuck in the middle; it's a place to stay.

While a thorough medical evaluation requires much more than can fit in a "bag"; I have always been available to my pool friends for discussions of medical topics.

bfdlad
10-26-2008, 07:09 PM
Lad,
You are thinking about this the wrong way. Indianapolis is halfway between everywhere, and everywhere else....look at a map. If you get stuck in the middle; it's a place to stay.

While a thorough medical evaluation requires much more than can fit in a "bag"; I have always been available to my pool friends for discussions of medical topics.
OOOHH no I didn't want the works just basically take a look at me and give me a prescription for weed, :) I am totally kidding. I am sorry you are right and I know that you have more than your fair share of celeb pool players stay at your place so I am sure a rack or two at your place would work out. I will seriously look at the options as we have to be passing through your spot at some point. Thanks again,
Mark,

speakers
10-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Have you considered becoming a club/VIP/priority "member" of a hotel group? Most chain hotels are grouped with a family of other hotels so you can use your membership at any of their hotels. Membership is usually free and being a priority or club member would make traveling easier and more economical for you. With some membership rewards programs you can get better rates or earn points for free stay and sometimes you can get free room upgrades (suite vs. standard double room! hellya!). I've seen some programs that advertise stuff like 4th night free, 1000 bonus points, double points, free travel package at check-in (free water and snacks). As long as you're out there and paying for the rooms anyways, you might as well take advantage of the programs they are offering.

Best of luck in your travels.

bfdlad
10-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Have you considered becoming a club/VIP/priority "member" of a hotel group? Most chain hotels are grouped with a family of other hotels so you can use your membership at any of their hotels. Membership is usually free and being a priority or club member would make traveling easier and more economical for you. With some membership rewards programs you can get better rates or earn points for free stay and sometimes you can get free room upgrades (suite vs. standard double room! hellya!). I've seen some programs that advertise stuff like 4th night free, 1000 bonus points, double points, free travel package at check-in (free water and snacks). As long as you're out there and paying for the rooms anyways, you might as well take advantage of the programs they are offering.

Best of luck in your travels.
Yes, that is something that we are going to start working on. Thanks,