PDA

View Full Version : Tony Ryan Cue Extender

JimS
04-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Anybody tried one? How does it attach? Does it damage the finish of the cue butt? Does it attach firmly?

Rip
04-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Jim,
I use the Tony Ryan and prefer it over the Longoni and the tubes that slip over the tip end of the shaft and then slides down to tighten.
Several friends have tried mine, like it and ordered one of their own.
The butt slips into a tapered tube that is lined with high density foam so the butt finish is protected.
Regards,
Rip

buddha162
04-06-2005, 11:56 PM
it works well but it adds like 5 oz to your cue...it is the safest attachment though, no marring of the finish there but I'm a little concerned about the torque needed to screw it on and off.

-Roger

pharaoh68
04-07-2005, 07:31 AM
... not to mention the fact that it looks like a sex toy. Attach that thing to a stealth cue and you look like you're into some sick fetishes.

When buddha bought his at Valley Forge, we all laughed at him because it was so strange looking. But ultimately, I have to admit, it does work pretty well. And as far as those tubes that slip down over the shaft, crap! Talk about crap! Those things will damage every inch of your cue!

RunArak
04-07-2005, 08:34 AM
Jim,

I have one as well and it really does what it is intended to. It does add some weight to you cue but the alternative, stretching and missing, is much worse. I have used it on some really high end cues and have no troubles with it messing up the finish. I think it is very safe and I am very happy with mine. The one problem that I have is that I have no where to put it in my Justis case.. I usually leave mine at home when going to the pool room but it is very nice.
A good investment, IMHO.

Peace,

Joe Koontz

JimS
04-08-2005, 04:35 AM
Good enough recommendations for me. I ordered one from Seyberts.