PDA

View Full Version : It Might Be Time For A Cue-Check

Johnnyt
10-26-2008, 01:55 PM
With all the recent cues being stolen from pool rooms and other places, it might be time to have a little cue-check section behind the counter in pool rooms. Maybe a buck an hour to check your cue. A buck won't make the pool room rich and won't make the player poor. Most would never go over two hours having it checked. If you can't find a game in two hours, it's time to move on to the next room anyhow.

The one negative I see with this is that a couple of guys come in and go right up the the cue-check-in and rob it. Putting all the eggs in one place is always some what of a problem. Maybe have an old case with a cheap cue mixed in with something like Lo-Jack in it or have a delayed alarm in it. After they leave with the cues turn it on. Most likely they will drop them out front and run. If there stupid enough to come back in all pissed-off, you will have your double barrel all ready for them, saying, "thanks for making my day" BOOM. Johnnyt

poolpop63
10-26-2008, 02:21 PM
most pool rooms I use have small lockers built like cabinets with lock and key. For a few hundred $ most all rooms could do that. simple solution.

Pushout
10-26-2008, 02:55 PM
most pool rooms I use have small lockers built like cabinets with lock and key. For a few hundred $ most all rooms could do that. simple solution.

Florence Fuller did this in The Pocket Billiard Lounge in Binghamton, NY years ago. I had a locker for all years I played there. One time, $5.00 fee at the time. Don't know what the new owner has done, he may charge by the month. The local charges $10.00 a month, which seems a bit steep to me.
Something else Florence did, was to have McDermott cues for rent for $1.00 an hour.

Johnnyt
10-26-2008, 03:03 PM
I forgot about lockers. Much better idea. Johnnyt