PDA

View Full Version : Jump Break Ferrules/Tips Which one is better?

Gammaray
10-26-2008, 07:28 PM
There seems to be several different types of ferrules and tips out there that are available at prices ranging from kinda cheap to expensive for these cues. I am looking for some opinions as to what would be the best performance horse for a jump-break cue. I have a Fury jump/break cue that I have modified, taking off the black linen phenolic ferrule and replaced it with a tanned canvas phenolic ferrule. It does jump better and also seems to hold chalk better! So here is my question/s- Would that set up be the best for breaking & jumping balls or is there another type of material in combination with a jump tip that would do a better job?
I have seen and heard of some other set-ups that other cuemakers are doing, like making their own ferrule materials and tips. Also looked at the G-10 ferrules & tips and the new icebreaker tips by Tiger products, but not sure if it would be better than what I have now.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated!

Thanks

coryjeb
10-26-2008, 07:37 PM
White Diamond is a very popular choice, and a good one at that. Do a search and you will find plenty of info about this subject.

Texas Prez
10-26-2008, 09:26 PM
obviously you want a shorter ferrule to give a firmer hit....as for tips; I really like my tiger icebreaker tip... it is a leather core with a phenolic jacket. so on breaks I get a super-hard leather feel and can still jump with the best of phenolics....but that white diamond tip is very popular and might be worth looking into... I've never used it so I wouldn't know

gulyassy
10-27-2008, 08:55 AM
There seems to be several different types of ferrules and tips out there that are available at prices ranging from kinda cheap to expensive for these cues. I am looking for some opinions as to what would be the best performance horse for a jump-break cue. I have a Fury jump/break cue that I have modified, taking off the black linen phenolic ferrule and replaced it with a tanned canvas phenolic ferrule. It does jump better and also seems to hold chalk better! So here is my question/s- Would that set up be the best for breaking & jumping balls or is there another type of material in combination with a jump tip that would do a better job?
I have seen and heard of some other set-ups that other cuemakers are doing, like making their own ferrule materials and tips. Also looked at the G-10 ferrules & tips and the new icebreaker tips by Tiger products, but not sure if it would be better than what I have now.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated!

Thanks
My new material that I have exclusively on my products is the best of the best in the phenolic family. The G10 being only a few numbers harder than my new material does not jump or break any better than my new patented material. I invented the ferrule/tip and have a patent on it. My new material will only be available through me and I unconditionally guarantee it to hold chalk better than any other phenolic available and will not break or I will pay for a replacement and the return shipping. I can play with my new material that is how good it holds chalk.

shankster8
10-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Do you sell your tips only with your shafts, or will you sell the tips separately? Also, what is the price for a break shaft with tip (radial pin, .843 dia joint), and what is price for individual tip? I realize specifics like this are best PM'd, but I figure there are alot of other AZB'rs interested in this info.

gulyassy
10-28-2008, 08:25 AM
Do you sell your tips only with your shafts, or will you sell the tips separately? Also, what is the price for a break shaft with tip (radial pin, .843 dia joint), and what is price for individual tip? I realize specifics like this are best PM'd, but I figure there are alot of other AZB'rs interested in this info.
I use my new ferrule/tip with all the shaft I build for my cues or any body's cue and all repairs. I am waiting for the new patent to issue before I decide what course I will take as far as selling the material. A break shaft radial threads will cost $200.00 with the new ferrule/tip (unconditional warranty), and the new Shaft Freeze (2 year guarantee to not turn blue or oxidize and stay slick). Until the patent issues I am selling the ferrule/tips for $30.00 which included a one time license to install my new material.