PDA

View Full Version : whats worse????

Fatboy
10-26-2008, 09:09 PM
a nit or a knocker????? lets see what the
azb clan knows here

Tom In Cincy
10-26-2008, 09:12 PM
I can always fade a NIT... but Knokers are just below pond scum.

Fatboy
10-26-2008, 09:12 PM
perhaps this will shed some light on the experience level of people here on AZ who proiclaim to be knowlegable about pool in its highest form, the gamblers and all people associated with that form of pool, sorry league players.

JB Cases
10-26-2008, 09:13 PM
A knocker because he is definitely getting in your pocket by denying you oppotunities to make a good game for yourself. Unless knockers have a financial interest in the match up they should stay out of it.

A nit is just trying to make the best game for himself and when it borders on the ridiculous he earns the moniker.

JoeyInCali
10-26-2008, 09:16 PM
There's only one problem.
All nits I know are also knockers ( slightly not as bad ).
And all knockers I know are nits.
K, I still say knockers b/c they're snakes too.

rackem
10-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Sice it is Fatboys tread I will go wit knokers also.:D :D

Cameron Smith
10-26-2008, 09:17 PM
No question. the Knocker.

All you have to do to a Nit is not gamble with them.

MikeM
10-26-2008, 09:17 PM
so I checked I don't know. I've probably been both unintentionally - sorry.

I really just wanted to show off my new avatar.

Nice meeting you at the Open.

MM

iusedtoberich
10-26-2008, 09:18 PM
NO CONTEST! Knocker all the way. Nits are harmless. And when you identify them, you simply learn to not try to make games with them, cause its a waste of your time and energy.

Knockers on the other hand love to open their mouth, even if they don't know what they are talking about, to ruin your action. Knockers will talk behind your back, and the brave/stupid ones will even knock your action WHILE you are negotiating a game. A total no win situation.

This isn't even close.

iowa_player
10-26-2008, 09:19 PM
I like knockers !!! :thumbup:

Larry < -- Used to have a sign on my door that read : Knock softly but firmly ! I like soft firm Knockers :grin-square:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p94/iowa_player/1183834990310.gif

JB Cases
10-26-2008, 09:22 PM
perhaps this will shed some light on the experience level of people here on AZ who proiclaim to be knowlegable about pool in its highest form, the gamblers and all people associated with that form of pool, sorry league players.

I don't see how this will shed light on anything. First of all if a poster doesn't really know what the difference is then they are likely not to speak definitively on the subject. Secondly there are a lot of "league players" who have been around the block on the action scene so don't paint league players with a broad brush.

Who is proclaiming to be knowledgeable about pool in it's highest form (which is what exactly) and isn't in your book?

Are you saying that the highest form of pool is matching up unfairly? Because that's pretty much the only game a knocker knocks? I mean if two players are evenly matched then chances are both of them knows it and they are gambling. However if one player is superior and he is trying to match up with a weaker player in a game that he has no chance to lose then the knocker has ammunition to queer the game.

Now there are knockers who don't actually KNOW if one player is better than another and they knock perfectly fair matchups by making one player believe that the other one is stronger. These are really the worst kind of idiots in my book. The knocker who warns a weaker player off a bad game has some kind of karmic good to that even if they aren't doing it for altruistic reasons. But the guy that just wants to get in the middle and screw up fair match-ups to make himself feel important is just a dumbass.

Fatboy
10-26-2008, 09:24 PM
I don't see how this will shed light on anything. First of all if a poster doesn't really know what the difference is then they are likely not to speak definitively on the subject. Secondly there are a lot of "league players" who have been around the block on the action scene so don't paint league players with a broad brush.

Who is proclaiming to be knowledgeable about pool in it's highest form (which is what exactly) and isn't in your book?

Are you saying that the highest form of pool is matching up unfairly? Because that's pretty much the only game a knocker knocks? I mean if two players are evenly matched then chances are both of them knows it and they are gambling. However if one player is superior and he is trying to match up with a weaker player in a game that he has no chance to lose then the knocker has ammunition to queer the game.

Now there are knockers who don't actually KNOW if one player is better than another and they knock perfectly fair matchups by making one player believe that the other one is stronger. These are really the worst kind of idiots in my book. The knocker who warns a weaker player off a bad game has some kind of karmic good to that even if they aren't doing it for altruistic reasons. But the guy that just wants to get in the middle and screw up fair match-ups to make himself feel important is just a dumbass.

please Keep It Simple, my god this isnt the Warren Comission Investigation or WaterGate , your a cool guy i consider a friend, but i'm not going to mince words with you, respectfully eric

ribdoner
10-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Nits, at they're worst, are mildly irritating.

Knockers can cost serious $$$$$$$$$$...double D's are dyno:yeah:

foxcues
10-26-2008, 10:05 PM
I have to go with knockers also,If they were smart about it and knew a game was out of line they would be quite and try to get a bet down.
I have never nor will I ever knock someones action.If you gamble on pool or any other sport where you are the one of players then you take the risk of not being in a good game.You know that going into it.If your afraid of getting in a bad game then you don`t need to be gambling.
I have had many times when I was the only one that knew a road player and
people would ask me and I kept my mouth shut.
As for knits once you find out there a knit you just don`t play them.

Pinocchio
10-26-2008, 10:59 PM
You can dodge a nit but you can't dodge a knock..............
Pinocchio

perfectpocketz
10-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Pinocchio

THAT'S THE BEST ANSWER, AND THE ONLY ANSWER.

MARK GREGORY

grindz
10-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Who's there.....?

A nit...

A nit who?

A nit who will watch his freinds' back like it was his own...:smile:

#@*& to all the theives, shiesters, and con artists who think it is acceptable to rob someone of their money. I wish I would have been there many years ago to knock the game where some punks beat a retarded kid out of his bicycle. Pond scum!!!!

td

Koopa
10-26-2008, 11:18 PM
Pinocchio

Took the words out of my mouth. That's about as straightforward as it gets.

JB Cases
10-26-2008, 11:35 PM
It's cool Eric, I just thought that the only ones who are gonna really vote are going to be the ones who know the subject.

Shortside K
10-27-2008, 05:37 AM
azb clan knows here

a hustler...

a nit is protecting himself
a knocker is protecting a friend

a hustler is out to rob someone

androd
10-27-2008, 08:05 AM
There's only one problem.
All nits I know are also knockers ( slightly not as bad ).
And all knockers I know are nits.
K, I still say knockers b/c they're snakes too.
i agree, most are an entry. (nits and knockers)
in times past it was dagerous to be a knocker, today it's fairly well accepted. many players go to the local coat-tail puller and ask who's this guy and how does he play ?. some knockers excuse is, he's a friend of mine, others just want everyone to think they're in the know. most strange players have a line on who they're trying to play as well.

Tom In Cincy
10-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Maybe where you play it is 'fairly well accepted' but not where I've played.

Maybe that is why Texas has become a popular place for the road players to go. The games have already been made for them.

in times past it was dagerous to be a knocker, today it's fairly well accepted.

Neil
10-27-2008, 08:27 AM

gcgaryyoyo
10-27-2008, 08:32 AM
Hi could someone please be kindly explaining what type of action/people these two terms refer to in the world of pool? Thanks to everyone.

Mike Templeton
10-27-2008, 08:33 AM
Hey Eric. You don't have to worry about being either one.

Mike

billbOK
10-27-2008, 08:34 AM
Someone who can't swimm ;) he will be easily eat by a shark !

androd
10-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Maybe where you play it is 'fairly well accepted' but not where I've played.

Maybe that is why Texas has become a popular place for the road players to go. The games have already been made for them.
i've hated em all my life and never particapated.(i played a lot of strangers,even beat a few) but i see threads here often "who is this guy". people have cameras in their cell phones and send pics to people they know to get the lowdown. it's just a different time
PS; yes the road players usually have a line on us suckers.

Bigtruck
10-27-2008, 11:02 AM
i agree, most are an entry. (nits and knockers)
in times past it was dagerous to be a knocker, today it's fairly well accepted. many players go to the local coat-tail puller and ask who's this guy and how does he play ?. some knockers excuse is, he's a friend of mine, others just want everyone to think they're in the know. most strange players have a line on who they're trying to play as well.

I run a mid-level tournament here in Texas and have to rate players for them to be able to play.

People call me all the time to get a line on someone. If I know the players current ranking, I will share it, but I will add that players rankings go up and down with circumstances. If you're calling to see if you should play or not, I always say, "don't play".

If you don't have the common sense to figure out someones speed by playing them, don't play.

I have never played someone if I thought I needed to get a line on them. The ONLY way you can win, if someone calls YOU for a line, is to say don't play.

I have lost to a few world beaters too! But not much. It didn't take me long to know I was in over my head.

To me, figuring out my opponents speed on the table (not with a phone call) is 1/2 the fun!

Ray
(winner of numerous weekly tournaments)

8&snap
10-27-2008, 11:17 AM
azb clan knows here
nits can be swatted away, knockers are to be punished

gpeezy
10-27-2008, 11:38 AM
NIT
Cause most nits knock.

BigDogatLarge
10-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Nits and knockers are much like flies, they eat sh1t and bother people. IMO

Dwight

Aaron_S
10-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Hi could someone please be kindly explaining what type of action/people these two terms refer to in the world of pool? Thanks to everyone.

A nit is someone who talks a big game, but then turns out to not have either the goods or the guts to put their money where their mouth is. For example: you beat Joe Schmoe in the local weekly 9-ball tournament, after which Joe says something like "Oh yeah? I'll play you $100 a game right now!". You promptly produce your bankroll and say "ok, let's post up five hundred", at which point Joe begins to stammer and stutter, eventually muttering something about some $10 sets. Joe is clearly a nit.

A knocker is someone who kills player A's action by making damaging statements (usually about player A's speed) to player B while player A is either in a game with or is trying to negotiate a game with player B. In mild cases, it could be a friend of B's simply protecting B by telling him that it's not a good game for him, and that he should negotiate a better spot. This, IMHO, is not knocking at all, but is just keeping a friend from making a bad game.

In severe cases, the third-party (who is probably also a "nit" at this point) will intentionally make damaging statements in a malicious effort to ruin player A's action, probably because player A beat them in the local weekly 9-ball tournament and then embarrassed them by calling them out on their $100 bet. Someone who ruins action simply for the sake of ruining action, and at no benefit to themselves or their friends, is generally considered to be a knocker of the worst kind.

My personal least favorite knocker is the pool room proprietor knocker. This is the guy that owns the local pool room, where times are so tough that you often find yourself giving up the snaps and the last 4 just to scrape up a $5 game of 9-ball. The knock happens when an out-of-towner walks in. You immediately dump a shot of gin down your shirt (so you smell and look like a drunk who's p*ssed his pants), put your eye patch on, and start playing opposite-handed... just like you were taught. The out-of-towner seems to be taking the bait, and he eventually tells the owner "I like to gamble a little... how's that one-eyed guy over there play?" Now, any upstanding and respectable pool room owner in this spot would use the standard line of "don't know... never seen him before". This guy, though, blurts out "SH*T, he's the best 'round here... hell, he ain't even left-handed, dunno where that eye patch and spasmodic stroke came from." There's nothing worse than being knocked by your own people. :frown: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Hope that helps,

Aaron

Fatboy
10-27-2008, 01:02 PM
THAT'S THE BEST ANSWER, AND THE ONLY ANSWER.

MARK GREGORY

there you are, check your PM's

Johnnyt
10-27-2008, 01:16 PM
The worst to me is not on the poll...it's an air-bager. Johnnyt

grindz
10-27-2008, 01:23 PM

A "nit" ranges from someone who won't play unless the "lock" is in their favor and will not gamble for much or lose much $...... to someone who is just very careful with their money, doesn't like to lose it and perhaps only gambles a little just to play a better player who won't play unless they gamble. As the question is posed....I assume FB is referring to the former.

A "knocker" ranges from someone who goes around telling anyone that is gambling who they (the knocker) percieve as getting the best of the bet.....to someone that when asked by a person (may be a friend) if a certain game is a good bet (game, terms, spot) for them and will give them an honest opinion. Again I assume this post refers to the former.

Quite often people who call themselves 'gamblers' are in reality only 'lock artists' or hustlers and they will only bet when the bet heavily favors them.
They don't like for anyone who knows each players true abilities to let the lesser player know that he/she is getting into a bad bet. Gambling pool players have an unwritten code that if one of them is in a game and they are the sure win....that no one who knows this is to let the lesser player know. There are many stories of the con and the hustle that are a great part of the history of the game. Read some books or explore this site, they are everywhere.

I personallly am not a gambler and only did small time decades ago. I can appreciate watching a good matchup where each player knows the others speed and they each feel that they are better. I wouldn't care to 'knock' anyones action unless a friend was really getting taken advantage of or perhaps if someone was dramatically outgunned in the brains department. A fool and his money are parted easily.

Hope that answers your question....sorry a bit long.

td

1on1pooltournys
10-27-2008, 01:27 PM
Somebody who is a nit and a knocker is what I call a Pool Detective. Are there any detectives on here? I know there are nits and knockers, but what about Detectives? That should be an option in this poll!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

grindz
10-27-2008, 01:28 PM
His definitions are better than mine.

td

Fatboy
10-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Knocking is bad biz and aint accepted anywhere outside a arcade or something, if a real game is knocked it can be real bad,

about 20 years ago i was in a bad spot-real bad. I moved to a town 500 miles away, a friend saved me from getting shot by vouching for me, that friend who has since came up on murder charges came to town and was known for playing big $$$, he asked me about a local guy in my new town. now If I double steer the guy who vouched for me-i was dead, if I knock the local players big potential score-i'm in deep shit. There was no out for me, the guy who asked me knew if I said "i dont know" I was lieing, same as double steering him, it was bad for me. I wish he didnt put me there, but he did, and he vouched for me so I owed him.

"How good does ***** play?" Was the question. The truth is the guy who vouched for me wasnt looking for a game, he did tell me that, too. I said "well then whats it matter?" hopeing to hell that was enough info to get out of the bad spot I was in. It wasnt. So I replied "He can play". Three little words, enough to satify the guy who vouched for me and piss off the local guys. That was the worst spot I have ever been in a poolroom, it all stemmed back to a argument 5 or 6 years before 500 miles away over nothing-stupid. Stupid ego driven kid shit-and that did lead to a serious problem.

When the local guys thought I knocked their action, wow did I catch heat, I handled it and took responsibility, truth be told there wasnt going to be a game, I wont say who would have won, it would have been close. Everything was settled within a week, I was pissed at the local player who had his muscle come talk to me, but I understand his position too. I was pissed until I saw him last week, I hadnt seen him in years-he knows he is weak-he cant look me in the eye.

The guy who wanted to shoot me in the first place is a friend nowdays, the guy who vouched for me is up, the local player is still playing, the muscle is MIA and I'm still here. It was a drug filled rage thing in the begginning-another reason I have never done drugs ever, but I put myself in the spot in the first place.

All this went down almost 20 years ago so I can talk about it, as its long gone history.

So yeah knocking is serious biz among serious pool players. I have had my action knocked many times-but I didnt have muscle handle the problem I did, and will again if necessary.

Fatboy
10-27-2008, 01:55 PM
A "Nit" is an opinion, A "Knocker" is a action(in most cases) like my story above, they thought I knocked their game, that was enough. I'm glad they didnt play. You awalys got make sure you pick your spots right-even then things can get bad.

tigerseye
10-27-2008, 01:58 PM
If it's a good friend or relative, i got no problem with the classic knock....but some local stool pigeon wanting to put his/her 2 cents into none of thier biz......VERY BAD!

memikey
10-27-2008, 03:09 PM
A "Nit" is an opinion, A "Knocker" is a action(in most cases) like my story above, they thought I knocked their game, that was enough. I'm glad they didnt play. You awalys got make sure you pick your spots right-even then things can get bad.

"FATBOY SHOT OVER KNOCKERS" has certainly got potential as a newspaper headline in the classic ooooh-err! mould :smile:

The Milk Man
10-27-2008, 05:25 PM
If it's a good friend or relative, i got no problem with the classic knock....but some local stool pigeon wanting to put his/her 2 cents into none of thier biz......VERY BAD!

I was always told that the only time you should get involved was, if your money is in the middle.

If someone makes a bad game thats their fault. Unless you have a piece of the action you shouldn't knock ever.

JB Cases
10-28-2008, 03:11 AM
Tar's new shirt - The ONLY Knockers Allowed are at Hooters.

Fatboy
10-28-2008, 03:33 AM
Tar's new shirt - The ONLY Knockers Allowed are at Hooters.

you should get a royalty check for that one!!! great one,

on a side note when I was blowing my $$$ on SVB(we will get them next time) the waitress sat next to me and I dont know what came over me at 630AM, but I came with the funniet thing I said in ALONG time, man i cant remember when I laughed so hard-JCIN will vouch-I was making fun of myself and damn I delivered it like Richard Pryor in 1975, I nailed it, everyone was laughing their asses off at me, and what I said. That was the best part of the trip-better than clearing the rail of the $$, only to give it back.

I will let JCIN tell the story, God if we podcast of that it would be #1 on iTunes store, Amazon and TAR, the moment and way I said it wont be captured but I memorized it and Justin did too,

JCIN write that story man and email me it and we'll check it for accuracy before we post it, its long for a shirt but I think were gonna do it too, TAR needs the biz and shirts are triple strong!!

and yes its embarassing, but i can laugh at myself, eveyone else will too. i promis, its along the knockers line but has to do with me and a size problem :( , i will leave it at that until the story is written.

LOL

softshot
10-28-2008, 03:40 AM
for me... the worst is the low life bumming my smokes... who refuses to play unless I bet my mortgage... the low life who believes that pool owes him... I shot three years in my folks's basement.. I shouldn't have to work for a living...

the second worst is the low life failed pool player with a bunch of family money... he can't play but he likes to raise the bet high enough to rattle the other guy... the two together are a sight to behold ... greed and over confidence run amok...

they just don't seem to want to play me.....

and once they have seen me play..

they NEVER want to play me..

/sarcasm/ the only way you can get good son... is to gamble with me... I'll help you get better at $10 a rack ....I swear ... what you need is heart... you only get more heart by betting more on your games with me..... what??? you're out of money??? your not worth my time.....\sarcasm\

people who make their living from gambling at pool are the biggest group of phony con artists and failed pool players on the planet..

two equal players want to put a little something on the game ... all good... go for it..

one good player siphoning money out of some bangers wallet is a low life..

if someone telling someone else that you are a good player is "knocking your action"... then YOU are a low life ...

I want to be regarded as a good player... I want other people to say about me... he's good...

how did fatboy get all his money?????

oh yea... telemarketing......

low life...

Fatboy
10-28-2008, 03:52 AM
for me... the worst is the low life bumming my smokes... who refuses to play unless I bet my mortgage... the low life who believes that pool owes him... I shot three years in my folks's basement.. I shouldn't have to work for a living...

the second worst is the low life failed pool player with a bunch of family money... he can't play but he likes to raise the bet high enough to rattle the other guy... the two together are a sight to behold ... greed and over confidence run amok...

they just don't seem to want to play me.....

and once they have seen me play..

they NEVER want to play me..

/sarcasm/ the only way you can get good son... is to gamble with me... I'll help you get better at $10 a rack ....I swear ... what you need is heart... you only get more heart by betting more on your games with me..... what??? you're out of money??? your not worth my time.....\sarcasm\

people who make their living from gambling at pool are the biggest group of phony con artists and failed pool players on the planet..

two equal players want to put a little something on the game ... all good... go for it..

one good player siphoning money out of some bangers wallet is a low life..

if someone telling someone else that you are a good player is "knocking your action"... then YOU are a low life ...

I want to be regarded as a good player... I want other people to say about me... he's good...

how did fatboy get all his money?????

oh yea... telemarketing......

low life...

no not all my $$$, resalestate has made many times more than telemarketing, sorry, I dont claime to set a moral standard, and thats perhaps why i'm at a pool room not church, at least i admit i have done alot of scumbag thing-still dont make them right,

What did I do to you?

the happiest moment of my life was buying my parents a house, you see i didnt inheart a dime from anyone-I got a education from my partens-who i miss dearly,

i'm not the guy to be a role model, unless i make alot of changes, and believe me i have since i was robbing bangers, but its relaatitive, if I play SVB and get robbed is shane a bad guy? i'm a banger compaitred to him, and the bangers are out to get something too-dont forget that, they think they have a edge,

on your high moral ground/standards where do you fit in and can you be honest about your flaws? and no i'm not a Christian repentting my sins.

if you want to knock me in public its cool man i will only hold you closer-MLK was perhaps the greatest mind in America as a civil rights man, Hawking the physicist is another great. when I meet people troubled with me like you seem to be, I look to the aformentioned people and ask "What would they do?" if put in a spot like you did me, and I just did what I believed what they might do, i did when i put myself in the bad spot 20 years ago i didnt point a finger(awalys harder-try it sometime, no pointing) I'm not pointing at you just responding. I will take my licks, when they are not baseless and have been judged by a reasonable standard, like my spelling that is clearly a problem, its 100% visable-Eric petersen isnt, Fatboy is a marketing plan, there is a huge difference, no i'm not schitzo or anything weird.

i wish you the best on your efforts in life, and many belssings of the highest order for you, your family, loved ones and friends.

when people ask me how I play-now days I say fair, but getting better, sure I lied in the past, but isnt that celebrated here by tothers when they make a score?? thats pool, i dont see anyone here saying well who needed the $$$ more-then judging the game as you are in this case. if you want to re-distribute wealth or lack of it get into politics and change the tax code. and yes i pay all my taxes, out of fear i dont mess around with them. Do you? i'm sure of it.

as much as i hate casinos, the people who lose there(all of them) all have underling intentions of "figuring out a system" and that means getting $$$ for nothing, thats a natural instinct all people have-even the PC ones that lie about it-you me and everyone else would eat their parents if they were hungry enough, or ask for $$$ under false pretences, I got robbed for $350,000 last week or 2 weeks ago and am taking a more civil action than Gotti would have, should i let it go? because the guy needs to feed his family?

tell me where do you land on all these philosiphical issues, I had alot of this critical thinking, courses in school and am self educated, your dancing my dance now.

i told a story about being in a bad spot-didnt blame anyone and you drop all this on me, ok fair enough. i'm just as lesser person than you, your clearly better than me, what you said proves that. 1+4=345 why? cause i said so. see i'm good at math like your good at judging someone who is a cheerleader here(me), very littl of me comes out here, despite the # of posts i make, i'm stuck in bed, when i'm not i wont be here as much.

sincerly

eric petersen

its 4am i have a broken foot, i'm going to bed, I will live to defend myself another day, not that i need to, hell i dont feel compelled to, i'm just working on my writing skills and am awake AGAIN tonight, from a written stand point not spelling......Do you think I need to lose some weight? ;) cause thats how it looks to my post compaired to yours-remember that movie and line??? I hope the others speak up, i mean that, even if I did lose the battle(like a debate) thats cool I just hope this is well written, it felf like good practice and came with ease. thanks again man . later

softshot
10-28-2008, 04:17 AM
no not all my $$$, resalestate has made many times more than telemarketing, sorry, I dont claime to set a moral standard, and thats perhaps why i'm at a pool room not church, at least i admit i have done alot of scumbag thing-still dont make them right,

What did I do to you?

the happiest moment of my life was buying my parents a house, you see i didnt inheart a dime from anyone-I got a education from my partens-who i miss dearly,

i'm not the guy to be a role model, unless i make alot of changes, and believe me i have since i was robbing bangers, but its relaatitive, if I play SVB and get robbed is shane a bad guy? i'm a banger compaitred to him, and the bangers are out to get something too-dont forget that, they think they have a edge,

on your high moral ground/standards where do you fit in and can you be honest about your flaws? and no i'm not a Christian repentting my sins.

if you want to knock me in public its cool man i will only hold you closer-MLK was perhaps the greatest mind in America as a civil rights man, Hawking the physicist is another great. when I meet people troubled with me like you seem to be, I look to the aformentioned people and ask "What would they do?" if put in a spot like you did, and I just did what I believed what they might do,

i wish you the best on your efforts in life, and many belssings of the highest order for you, your family, loved ones and friends.

when people ask me how I play-now days I say fair, but getting better, sure I lied in the past, but isnt that celebrated here by tothers when they make a score?? thats pool, i dont see anyone here saying well who needed the $$$ more-then judging the game as you are in this case.

as much as i hate casinos, the people who lose there(all of them) all have underling intentions of "figuring out a system" and that means getting $$$ for nothing, thats a natural instinct all people have-even the PC ones that lie about it-you me and everyone else would eat their parents if they were hungry enough, or ask for $$$ under false pretences, I got robbed for $350,000 last week and am taking a more civil action than Gotti would have, should i let it go? becsause the guy needs to feed his family?

tell me where do you land on all these philosiphical issues, I had alot of this critical thinking, courses in school and am self educated, your dancing my dance now.

i told a story about being in a bad spot-didnt blame anyone and you drop all this on me, ok fair enough. i'm just as lesser person than you, your clearly better than me, what you said proves that. 1+4=345 why? cause i said so. see i'm good at math like your good at judging someone who is a cheerleader here, very littl of me comes out here, despite the # of posts i make, i'm stuck in bed, when i'm not i wont be here as much.

sincerly

eric petersen

I don't have high moral standards... I think religion is the most ridiculous thing modern humans hold dear..

I grew up in Nevada..

I have at least as many friends in Vegas as you do.. and we probably know some of the same people...

my problem isn't against gambling... bet what you want on your pool game..

my problem is this phony perception that if you won't gamble.. that you somehow can't play...

all the big gamblers I have met.. suddenly have a urgent cell phone call.. after they see me shoot and have somewhere else to be all of a sudden..

once you have given you best effort at pool you have two choices.. get serious devote to it and get good at playing....... or... play at your level forever and get better at matching up.... matching up is easier.. less effort similar reward... low lifes dream..

me.. I work harder than 99% of pool players...

and it shows...

I'll play you any time for bragging rights Mr. Petersen..

sincerely
Eric Freeman

Fatboy
10-28-2008, 04:24 AM
I don't have high moral standards... I think religion is the most ridiculous thing modern humans hold dear..

I grew up in Nevada..

I have at least as many friends in Vegas as you do.. and we probably know some of the same people...

my problem isn't against gambling... bet what you want on your pool game..

my problem is this phony perception that if you won't gamble.. that you somehow can't play...

all the big gamblers I have met.. suddenly have a urgent cell phone call.. after they see me shoot and have somewhere else to be all of a sudden..

once you have given you best effort at pool you have two choices.. get serious devote to it and get good at playing....... or... play at your level forever and get better at matching up.... matching up is easier.. less effort similar reward... low lifes dream..

me.. I work harder than 99% of pool players...

and it shows...

I'll play you any time for bragging rights Mr. Petersen..

sincerely
Eric Freeman

i made a few changes to my big post-the last paragraph, no hard feelings,

i dont gamble either, truth be told, hell if i dont get a bet down for months(or ever again) its cool with me, I have no urge or desire to bet or gamble.

i agree with you on religon too, but i will never knock anyones faith-so long as they arnt suicide bombers, If someone has their fath I respect it and indulge them, I will say a prayer with someone and mean it when I say it. But thats not my core beliefs,

as far as bad stuff, yeah i was bad, not the worst-but bad, there is along story behind it, dosnet make it right, and i am not that way anymore,

i neversaid people who dont bet on pool are lesser players, they are different, no better or worse, the balls dont know about $$. I wish I was a better player, my talent is hustling not playing, Ralf is the oppsite, given a choice I'd rather be the player, but like family members no one gets to choose, so i live with the fact I probably aint going to beat Earl anytime soon. :(

let me know if you ever come to vegas, we can sit down and talk about anyhitng if you like,

my best

eric

ironman
10-28-2008, 04:47 AM
I run a mid-level tournament here in Texas and have to rate players for them to be able to play.

People call me all the time to get a line on someone. If I know the players current ranking, I will share it, but I will add that players rankings go up and down with circumstances. If you're calling to see if you should play or not, I always say, "don't play".

If you don't have the common sense to figure out someones speed by playing them, don't play.

I have never played someone if I thought I needed to get a line on them. The ONLY way you can win, if someone calls YOU for a line, is to say don't play.

I have lost to a few world beaters too! But not much. It didn't take me long to know I was in over my head.

To me, figuring out my opponents speed on the table (not with a phone call) is 1/2 the fun!

Ray
(winner of numerous weekly tournaments)

I get the same business all the time. Usually I just tell them to play real well. They usually won't listen very well anyway, so Why even bother.

Like Rodney, I used tp take a shot at most anyone anyway.

You know, there are times I just don't say anything tbinking they need to exercise their heart which can be a real contradiction in terms.

androd
10-28-2008, 09:04 AM
I get the same business all the time. Usually I just tell them to play real well. They usually won't listen very well anyway, so Why even bother.

Like Rodney, I used tp take a shot at most anyone anyway.

You know, there are times I just don't say anything tbinking they need to exercise their heart which can be a real contradiction in terms.
when they asked Puckett, he said "you got the nuts" after they lost, they'd say mr. Puckett you said i had the nuts ? he said kid " i thought you could plaaay, but you can't plaaay"
rodney.

tigerseye
10-28-2008, 10:55 AM
I was always told that the only time you should get involved was, if your money is in the middle.

If someone makes a bad game thats their fault. Unless you have a piece of the action you shouldn't knock ever.

Well lets hope your brother,sister,or best buddy thinks my way instead of yours.....unless you don't mind getting robbed. :smile: