PDA

View Full Version : Jump/Break cues

cshots
10-27-2008, 03:25 PM
I was just curious as to what are the better J/B cues out there. I have a predator BK and a bunjee jumper right now, but was looking to go the route of the break down cue instead. Do any of the J/B cues out there break like the predator and when you break the cue down does the jumper jump as good as the bunjee? Thanks for any help.

BWTadpole
10-27-2008, 03:47 PM
I think I'll be the first to say that J&J makes the best J/B for the money. If you can think beyond the price for a good piece of equipment, you'll find it's a good performer.

That being said, on the higher end, Kevin Varney, Andy Gilbert, and Rick Howard are known to make great J/B cues. Not to mention the cues Mike Gulyassy put out. He's starting to do things with materials that I think will improve the quality of the game given enough time.

Hope I've been of some service :D

poolplayer2093
10-27-2008, 04:52 PM
i'll second that j&j or gilbert if price isn't an issue

suckershot
10-27-2008, 07:15 PM
I was just curious as to what are the better J/B cues out there. I have a predator BK and a bunjee jumper right now, but was looking to go the route of the break down cue instead. Do any of the J/B cues out there break like the predator and when you break the cue down does the jumper jump as good as the bunjee? Thanks for any help.

I liked the Mace that I owned and like the Omen that I own currently. Both are fantastic, although both aren't exactly cheap either. But then again, if you own a BK, then I can't imagine price is a deal breaker for you, unless you got a steal on the BK second hand or something.

gulyassy
10-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Gulyassy Break Jump Cue.

NewPatented ferrule/tip EXCLUSIVE, VIRTUALLY UNBREAKABLE AND HOLDS CHALK BETTER THAN ANY PHENOLIC ON THE MARKET WITH AN UNCONDITIONAL GUARANTEE

New SHAFT FREEZE Coating Exclusive to Gulyassy Break Jump Cues. WILL NOT TURN BLUE OR OXIDIZE, WILL STAY SLICK GUARANTEED FOR 2 YEARS, WILL PROMOTE SHAFT STABILITY.

The butt is cored and beautifully finished with the best finish available on the market today. Unconditionally guaranteed to stay strait for 5 years and the finish is warrented for 5 years to not lift or wear off.

Starting price $375.00 www.babysproshop.com 864-458-7662 Mike
A few players using Gulyassy Break Jump Cues
Earl Strickland, Ronnie Alcano, Dennis Hatch

Guerra Cues
10-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Gulyassy Break Jump Cue.

NewPatented ferrule/tip EXCLUSIVE, VIRTUALLY UNBREAKABLE AND HOLDS CHALK BETTER THAN ANY PHENOLIC ON THE MARKET WITH AN UNCONDITIONAL GUARANTEE

New SHAFT FREEZE Coating Exclusive to Gulyassy Break Jump Cues. WILL NOT TURN BLUE OR OXIDIZE, WILL STAY SLICK GUARANTEED FOR 2 YEARS, WILL PROMOTE SHAFT STABILITY.

The butt is cored and beautifully finished with the best finish available on the market today. Unconditionally guaranteed to stay strait for 5 years and the finish is warrented for 5 years to not lift or wear off.

Starting price $375.00 www.babysproshop.com 864-458-7662 Mike
A few players using Gulyassy Break Jump Cues
Earl Strickland, Ronnie Alcano, Dennis Hatch

I second Mike.
Best jb in the market. I have tried, Stinger, BK2, JJ (crap), Gilbert and nothing beats a MG jb

MOJOE
10-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Best bang for your buck is a J&J, Kaiser or Prather.. You can get any for well under $100. If you want to spend 3 or 4 times that, you have many more options but in my experience, the results don't vary that much..

JMHO

blueridge
10-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Predator BK2 is an excellent break cue. It's by far the best break cue I've ever used. It's not cheap though. It's not made for jumping but I find that it jumps pretty good too.

I have a Lucasi jump cue and I think it's a great jump cue. Real easy to jump over balls with it. I hear the Predator Air is a terrific jump cue. I might be buying one of them pretty soon.

TWOFORPOOL
10-28-2008, 10:49 PM
A few years ago I won 2 Sardo Racks for breaking the fastest at the APA Nationals (24.7 MPH on a bar box). Some question my playability but I can break. At 54 years old I have tried a few and the best one I have played with is a Varney Break/Jump cue. It takes time to get one and its expensive but worth every penny.

I had some players wanting to borrow my Varney for tournaments but I won't let it out of my sight. If you know anybody who has one try it and you will buy one. I have had my Varney for several months now and will be doing a "Cue Review" in the very near future.

JB Cases
10-28-2008, 11:12 PM
The Fury JB is what I use. It's about as good as any other jump break cue I have tried and I have tried them all. They run $179 retail and have a street price of around $140ish.

Most of the good ones these days are going to be very close in performance. Then it comes down to personal preference.

Disclaimer: I sell Fury cues - and I use them in money matches with my own money on the line.

JesseBfan
10-29-2008, 01:58 AM
Well I've had 8 or 9 different Break Jumps ranging from J&Js to Sledgehammers I even had the Predator BK(only for a week or so) and none of them compare to My Josey Break Jump. It has a 13.4 mm shaft and is made out of bacote. It also has Keith's own break jump tip(I believe its called Thunder?) which I haven't had to touch at all since I got it.

If I were you I would strongly consider getting one from Keith.

I rack balls
10-29-2008, 05:06 AM
I have owned em all and the best IMO are the stinger (if you get one with a shaft without the coating) and the Sledgehammers with the big pins. I am using the Sledgehammer after trying 6-7 big names...........

Oh and have a Varney on Order. I will get it someday.

gulyassy
10-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Just as a matter of fact. My new break jump cues are not anything like the Sledgehammers or my older Break Jump Cues. My new Gulyassy Break Jump Cues are all cored, New Gulyassy break jump pin, new joint pin, new taper as different as a Meucci to a wedge taper, new ferrule material, new shaft coating, full cue jump capable, and as nice of wood in any custom cue. There is no comparison between my old Sledgehammer, import or custom and my new Gulyassy Break Jump Cue today. Who else puts a guarantee on strait butts and slick shafts?

zn418
10-29-2008, 08:51 AM
J&J is the way to go if money is an issue... If not the Alex Brick makes a damn good j/b...

poker2341
10-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Gulyassy, if you are willing to spend the extra $$$. I don't break any speed limits with my breaks, but that's not really necessary the way it hits...highly recommended.