PDA

View Full Version : cue deal gone bad

bankplayer
10-27-2008, 03:37 PM
3 years ago i ordered a cue from a friend i thought who could get me a good deal on a cue i picked the design and sent it in to get a price it was 1200 so ordered it a year later no cue then it showed up it was all screwed up so we sent it back 2 months later no cue the maker wouldnt return my friends em but my friend said he would make it good hed take care of me now my friend divorced havent heard from him in over 6 mo she remarried ... and im out themoney!! and the cue....... the names have been left out but they know who they are ..... what do u do

Kevin Lindstrom
10-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Buy a Viking cue and get on with the game.

Fuji-whopper
10-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Are you drunk? Does the cuemaker post here because thats what you make it seem like, either that or your "friend" does. Small claims court or go to their place of business and formally ask for a refund.

ugotactionTX
10-27-2008, 08:12 PM
I agree...

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this post. If it's sympathy, you've got it. It sucks to not get what you expect/pay for regardless of the circumstances... If you know the cuemaker and are sure about the details and his willingness to make it right, I would contact them. If that doesn't work and your friend is MIA you may be S.O.L sorry, just the sad facts. I would start with the cuemaker, if he is aware of the situation. Most reputable cuemakers are more than willing to make good on a deal/cue that was not delivered as promised. Other than that it may be time to start over. there are lots of great cuemakers out there, many can be found in these pages...

good luck!

ibuycues
10-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Are you sure the cuemaker ever got the cue returned to him? Did you send it back, or did your friend? Who has the cue right now, and are you sure, i.e., do you have a paper trail to show where the cue is?

Hobbes
10-27-2008, 09:34 PM
I'd have to go back and ask the "are you drunk?" question again. Do you know what a period is? Do you have any use whatsoever for punctuation? Am I the only one who had to spend more time than what it was worth to try and figure out that "sentence?"

There are always threads about why pool looks bad to people. Maybe it's the lack of education by the people who play it. Or at least the lack of anyone trying to use whatever education they have.

Koop
10-28-2008, 06:38 AM
I bite the bullet and sign myself up for English 101, pronto.

Hope you get this resolved.

Craig Fales
10-28-2008, 07:14 AM
Funny thread. :thumbup:

thepavlos
10-28-2008, 07:23 AM
This reminds me of those math word problems that drove me insane in high school........... and I'm still waiting for the damn train

poolhustler
10-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Easy solution.......

Contact Eddie Wheat and have make you a new custom cue.

I think that he will even make one that is customized to your body type!!

How can you beat that??

Glad to be of help!

Russ.......

Mr Hoppe
10-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Never do a $1,000+ transaction "through a friend." Take care of your own business. Now you really don't know who screwed you...

BTW, punctuation is a good thing.
Mr H

Mr Hoppe
10-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Never do a $1,000+ transaction "through a friend." Take care of your own business. Now you really don't know who screwed you...

BTW, punctuation is free, might as well use it.
Mr H

ftgokie
10-28-2008, 09:00 AM
I know in my part of the country...we take care of buisiness ourselves...if a deal goes bad...deal with it yourself....you go to cuemaker..take the issue up with him..or her..if you cant resolve it..if its worth it, go to the courts for help...if its not worth it.....cut your losses......and maybe his tires..lol No...i wouldnt suggest the tire deal...that was just some iddy biddy oklahoma sarcasm...

wahcheck
10-28-2008, 10:34 AM
These 2 subjects always seem to clash.....I guess you could also substitute "relatives" for "friends" too....

bankplayer
10-28-2008, 05:47 PM
the cue maker was out of states.... it was his connections...just thought friendship was thicker than the dollar ... guess i was wrong... oh sorry im not a engish teacher too

ribdoner
10-28-2008, 05:56 PM
the cue maker was out of states.... it was his connections...just thought friendship was thicker than the dollar ... guess i was wrong... oh sorry im not a engish teacher too

Don't worry about the spelling/punctuation police. This isn't English 101.

You got your point across and that's the primary objective.

Welcome to AZ and i hope things work out.

Fatboy
10-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Don't worry about the spelling/punctuation police. This isn't English 101.

You got your point across and that's the primary objective.

Welcome to AZ and i hope things work out.

i agree who cares about spelling or puncuation this is a pool board or it was i dont know why everyone here has become so critical and pc were here to talk pool not that stuff if you want that stuff go to a board where that is the toipic and talk about pool and see how well recieved you would be right adam

Koop
10-28-2008, 07:50 PM

I was only kidding with you man. Should have put one of those smiley faces up so you knew :D

Fuji-whopper
10-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Friendships are definitely made/lost by financial decisions and it's sad how cheaply some sell their integrity, hope you go directly to the source since it seems your friend is out of the loop for now. If the source doesn't help you out then I hope you mention the name of the cuemaker so we know who to be wary of, cues or not it's people's duty to help each other protect their dollars.

woodyosborne
10-29-2008, 01:51 AM
the train's started out at 20 mphfor 1/2 the distance, then slows to 18 mph for 1/4 of the remaining distance, then slows to 16 mph for 1/8 of the remaining distance, then slows to 14 mph for 1/4 of the remaining distance, then slows to 14 mph for 1/4 of the remaining distance . the train will never get there. hope this helps.

This reminds me of those math word problems that drove me insane in high school........... and I'm still waiting for the damn train

bankplayer
10-30-2008, 04:48 PM
it was a miranda cue that was to be made.. i know only trust a american cue makers now

bankplayer
11-03-2008, 03:47 PM
bump ...to the top

jhr
11-06-2008, 07:44 PM
Eddie,
I would have never thought Josh would have done this to you. I can understand how finances can cause such a problem, but not calling and saying I sorry after all of this time is not right. I hope he makes it right and you get your money or cue. I can't believe how many people on here were bashing you and your situration. I wonder how they would feel if they were in your shoes and received the same feedback. I guess some people have nothing better to do than to add feedback so they can show more posts.

rackem
11-06-2008, 07:59 PM
it was a miranda cue that was to be made.. i know only trust a american cue makers now
I am just guessing but I would almost bet that Miranda knows nothing about this situation. Mentioing their name was wrong.:(
Miranda is one of the better Pinoy cue makers. They don't usually produce cues that are all F'd up.
My guess is that the cue was one of the cheap ones off of fleabay.
Your "friend" was most likely scamming you.
I could be wrong but that's my theory and i'm sticking to it.:shrug: