PDA

View Full Version : TAR Thanks for all the coverage!

ugotactionTX
10-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Just wanted to publicly thank The Action Report for all the coverage last week of the action at Q-Masters. I really appreciate all that they do in their mostly thankless pursuit to bring us action junkies a regular fix.

Since I work for a production/marketing/advertising company, I know first hand how much of a monumental pain in the arse moving, setting up, de-bugging, monitoring, breaking down, and moving all the equipment yet again, can be

However the withdrawals are now starting to set in and I can't wait for my next installment.

on a side note...

If they are going to continue bringing this stuff to us, it will take more of us supporting their efforts. Buying the shirts, dvd's, key chains and underwear is a start, but I was very disappointed in the response by the majority who enjoyed the free stream for days, but didn't, wouldn't or couldn't pay a modest fee for the PPV on the last 3 days. It went from over 300 to 30... that to me is very sad indeed

I don't know how many made a donation or bought merchandise, but the PPV was a great way to show our support

These are just my thoughts and I don't mean to offend or judge anyone. If some could not afford the PPV fee right now, I hope at some point they will support them in another way or at their next event

The Milk Man
10-27-2008, 05:41 PM
I agree completly thanks for the coverage and can't wait till the next TAR production

Sam Waltz
10-27-2008, 07:04 PM
All hail TAR...bringing great pool to all of us with jobs who wish we could be there in person!

May strong wireless internet signals be with you wherever you go! :)

beav99_4life
10-27-2008, 08:33 PM
TAP TAP! Chad and Justin are doing a great thing for billiards. Trust me, these guys aren't trying to make millions (although i'm sure they'd like to, lol), they are two guys who love the sport, the action, the players and the fans. Its nice to be a professional railbird at the biggest matches from my family room, although i'd rather be there. Give these two gentlemen the opportunity, and they will work tirelessly to provide the fans with incredible matches and high-quality products. TAR has started the right way, in that they don't do second best on the quality of the products they put out. I'm sure that TAR will only continue to grow and become very successful. Thanks TAR and keep up the amazing job you guys are doing.

Ktown D
10-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Yeah, you guys are doing good things for us stay at home flunkies. I wish you all the best and I hope that thing works out for you and you guys get to make a bigger splash in the future.

Glad I got to hang out with you fellers for a while this week.........too bad it cost me.:speechless:

Cameron Smith
10-27-2008, 09:36 PM
I enjoyed the coverage as well. However I think the problem with the poor pay per view turn out was two fold.

1. The only way you could purchase the pay per view was by paying $25 for the two days. I was working Saturday night and I did not want to purchase two days worth of content for which I could only view one of them.

I would much rather pay $15 on two seperate days knowing that I would be available enjoy what I had purchased.

2. For some people, it's too much of a risk to buy pay per view without knowing what they will be watching.

Although I am sure the TAR guys were getting the best matches on the table, most people would be more comfortable paying to watch an advertised match, rather than a promise of a good match (which I'm sure they made good on regardless).

Before anyone accuses me of not supporting TAR, I have bought their pay per views in the past and have bought a number of their dvds. And I intend to buy more as soon as the 14.1 match is available.

With that said though, TAR has a good product and if done right can be very successful.

Johnnyt
10-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks TAR for all the free coverage at Q-Masters. I figured I got a lot more than $25 worth of the free stream to buy the PPV and roll the dice on what I was going to get. Johnnyt

ugotactionTX
10-27-2008, 10:16 PM
After sitting there watching the free feed pretty much non stop for 5-6 days.(my wife thought I had completely lost it) I figured the 25 dollar donation was more than fair for what I had already seen, not to mention the possibilities for great matches on the PPV feed.

I know that lots of az'rs my self included have purchased.... PPV's or otherwise, and if you're one of them I applaud you for supporting them. I just was a little discouraged by the apparent lack of support once the PPV started. I just know that what they do is tiresome and EXPENSIVE!

Basically I'm kinda selfish :thumbup: and want it to continue and be successful, as I'm sure most if not all of us here do!

Thanks TAR for all the free coverage at Q-Masters. I figured I got a lot more than $25 worth of the free stream to buy the PPV and roll the dice on what I was going to get. Johnnyt

JCIN
10-28-2008, 03:37 AM
Just wanted to publicly thank The Action Report for all the coverage last week of the action at Q-Masters. I really appreciate all that they do in their mostly thankless pursuit to bring us action junkies a regular fix.

Since I work for a production/marketing/advertising company, I know first hand how much of a monumental pain in the arse moving, setting up, de-bugging, monitoring, breaking down, and moving all the equipment yet again, can be

However the withdrawals are now starting to set in and I can't wait for my next installment.

on a side note...

If they are going to continue bringing this stuff to us, it will take more of us supporting their efforts. Buying the shirts, dvd's, key chains and underwear is a start, but I was very disappointed in the response by the majority who enjoyed the free stream for days, but didn't, wouldn't or couldn't pay a modest fee for the PPV on the last 3 days. It went from over 300 to 30... that to me is very sad indeed

I don't know how many made a donation or bought merchandise, but the PPV was a great way to show our support

These are just my thoughts and I don't mean to offend or judge anyone. If some could not afford the PPV fee right now, I hope at some point they will support them in another way or at their next event
Thank you very much for the kind words. We appreciate all of the support that everyone has shown for what we are doing. It really makes it fun and worthwhile.

Next up is the $3000 Ring Tournament at Shooters of Olathe, KS. December 5-7th with the possibility of a big one pocket match the weekend before. After that is the Derby January 23-31 followed by the NCS 8 Ball Finals and then the US Bar Table Championships in Reno starting Feb 23. There are some other big things cooking as well. 2009 is going to be a great year.

Thanks to everyone who makes what we do possible by supporting us through PPV and merchandise sales. I think that we are building something that can help the game in a new way and will leave a record for future players to enjoy.

JCIN
10-28-2008, 03:39 AM
Yeah, you guys are doing good things for us stay at home flunkies. I wish you all the best and I hope that thing works out for you and you guys get to make a bigger splash in the future.

Glad I got to hang out with you fellers for a while this week.........too bad it cost me.:speechless:
D, it was great to see you again. We will have to do it again at the Derby and find away around those pesky last call rules. :D

SpiderWebComm
10-28-2008, 05:42 AM
Justin-

Wish I was there!!! You guys rock.

uwate
10-28-2008, 06:41 AM
Next time TAR you should run free during the day to pump up the viewers and give you time to presell and then go to PPV at 8pm every night, even in the middle of matches.

Roy Steffensen
10-28-2008, 06:45 AM
Great coverage TAR!

ugotactionTX
10-28-2008, 07:19 AM
This is a great idea...Get us all hooked in and then WHAMO! lol

Next time TAR you should run free during the day to pump up the viewers and give you time to presell and then go to PPV at 8pm every night, even in the middle of matches.

Eric.
10-28-2008, 07:28 AM
I'm love to watch action. Unfortunately, I have this thing called a job, which doesn't let me get t oall the events I want to. You have no idea how much I enjoy being able to watch on the computer. It really is as good as being there.

I had a chance to mention TAR's website when I commentated part of the Feijen v Clatterbuck match up, and I'll pimp them again...www.theactionreport.net . If anyone is into T-shirts or hats, etc, it would go a long way if a bunch of people just bought one thing. It takes money to go to these events and I'm sure there are plenty of action junkies that can spare $25 here and there. Shit, I lose that much in my couch and I'm not even Fatboy...

Eric

akaTrigger
10-28-2008, 07:45 AM
The coverage was AWESOME. Thanks TAR!!!

Bigtruck
10-28-2008, 08:05 AM
The coverage was AWESOME. Thanks TAR!!!

Yes the coverage was awesome as usual!! I was on the road Sat & Sun and didn't get to watch the PPV.

I would like to be able to purchase a download to view at my leisure. They have a few of these at accustats and It's pretty cool. Watching live is cool because of the chat, but my schedule is nutz!:thumbup:

Ray

ps. A replay with chat would be cool too! We could comment on things even more!! LOL

ratnip
10-28-2008, 08:07 AM
TAR great coverage of the 'Action' behind the US Open. It was a crazy week trying to watch TAR, the US Open, and then the US Open and the UFC Sat Night.

Crazy weekend!

Thanks again

Jay P

rope_one
10-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Excellent point, TAR is the best thing going right now. Just purchased a shirt since I wasn't able to watch this weekend. Keep up the good work guys!