PDA

View Full Version : The Break Book Worked!

TATE
04-07-2005, 10:19 AM
I've been working with the Great Break Book and the Racking Secrets section at home.

Last night I played Filipino Danny. The last 4 times we played 9 ball we went hill-hill in races to 9. We were dead even again last night. We were playing on a tight table that was breaking tough - nothing was going in for either of us. I started reading the racks. I got a couple of the racks Charley and Joe show in the book, put the cueball in the right place, and just stroked for control. POW the rack pops open, the corner ball goes in, and I ran out two of the games.

We went hill-hill again and I lost anyway, but I am going to start reading racks - I was astonished that this stuff actually works.

Chris

deadstroke7
04-07-2005, 10:26 AM
I've been working with the Great Break Book and the Racking Secrets section at home.

Where did you come across this book and where is it available.

What type of stuff does it outline?

Always willing to learn :D

crawdaddio
04-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Me too Chris. The book has many good tips and insights into reading the gaps and breaking the racks. Money well spent.

DS7-
Buy it at www.breakrak.com

~DC

TATE
04-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Where did you come across this book and where is it available.

What type of stuff does it outline?

Always willing to learn :D

The story is that Joe Tucker is a very good player and he wrote a book called "Racking Secrets" some time ago which is out of print. This book outlines how to read slight separations in the rack. Basically, if you read racks and break from the positions Joe suggests, in 9 ball your chances of making the corner ball (the "wing" ball) are greatly increased. Last night this allowed me to stroke a little easier, so it was easier to control the cue ball/one ball. Plus the corner ball literally slammed into the corner pocket and the racks really busted up, even with an easier stroke.

Charley Bond who sells the Break Rak and custom break cues, wrote a new book, just printed a few weeks ago, "The Great Break Book" which has a lot of info about breaking and Joe re-wrote the Racking Secrets part and expanded and updated it, which is contained in the book. The rack reading part is really useful. 9 ball, 8 ball - that sort of thing.

Probably equally important, it also helps to identify slug racks and other racks you don't want.

Anyway, Charley sells it on his Breakrak website for $25.

This is a good deal since the original Racking Secrets, which is just a small pamphlet, typically sells for $40 alone on E-Bay if you can find it.

Chris

dmgwalsh
04-07-2005, 10:57 AM

Last night I played Filipino Danny. The last 4 times we played 9 ball we went hill-hill in races to 9. We were dead even again last night. We were playing on a tight table that was breaking tough - nothing was going in for either of us. I started reading the racks. I got a couple of the racks Charley and Joe show in the book, put the cueball in the right place, and just stroked for control. POW the rack pops open, the corner ball goes in, and I ran out two of the games.

We went hill-hill again and I lost anyway, but I am going to start reading racks - I was astonished that this stuff actually works.

Chris

I bought the same book a few weeks ago. I think it is a very good book and will probably help many league players raise their games by just taking a little time looking at the rack and figuring out how best to do a controlled break. This beak answers all of your breaking questions.

Dennis

ceebee
04-07-2005, 11:29 AM
The story is that Joe Tucker is a very good player and he wrote a book called "Racking Secrets" some time ago which is out of print. This book outlines how to read slight separations in the rack. Basically, if you read racks and break from the positions Joe suggests, in 9 ball your chances of making the corner ball (the "wing" ball) are greatly increased. Last night this allowed me to stroke a little easier, so it was easier to control the cue ball/one ball. Plus the corner ball literally slammed into the corner pocket and the racks really busted up, even with an easier stroke.

Charley Bond who sells the Break Rak and custom break cues, wrote a new book, just printed a few weeks ago, "The Great Break Book" which has a lot of info about breaking and Joe re-wrote the Racking Secrets part and expanded and updated it, which is contained in the book. The rack reading part is really useful. 9 ball, 8 ball - that sort of thing.

Probably equally important, it also helps to identify slug racks and other racks you don't want.

Anyway, Charley sells it on his Breakrak website for $25.

This is a good deal since the original Racking Secrets, which is just a small pamphlet, typically sells for $40 alone on E-Bay if you can find it.

Chris

Thanks folks for your kind words. The GREAT Break Shot book is selling well & several dozen players have called or emailed with their stories of new found knowledge & success in their break shot. I am really fortunate to have had the idea to help lots of player's learn something about Pocket Billiard's most complex shot, the break shot.

"On the Snap folks, On the Snap"....

Josh Palmer
04-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Danny Petralba?

frankncali
04-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Danny Petralba?

Thats what I was wondering. Danny P has a solid game.

Josh - R u from SoCal? I wonder how many posters and lurkers there
are on here from the area.

LastTwo
04-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Thats what I was wondering. Danny P has a solid game.

Josh - R u from SoCal? I wonder how many posters and lurkers there
are on here from the area.

I live in the San Fernando Valley.

TATE
04-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Danny Petralba?

Josh,

Yes, he's my mortal enemy. No, actually I love Danny and he is one tough cookie to beat for the cash!

Chris

SalientBeing
04-07-2005, 10:15 PM
How many pages is the book?

weelie
04-08-2005, 04:45 AM
How many pages is the book?

Read it for yourself on the site: http://www.breakrak.com/Accessories.html

Mike Templeton
04-08-2005, 05:18 AM
Read it for yourself on the site: http://www.breakrak.com/Accessories.html

Here's my problem with the book. Quoting the website....."This new book is all about the Break Shot. The book is 208 pages in length. The book includes Joe Tucker's NEW & IMPROVED "Racking Secrets", in it's entirety. Plus a chapter by Joe Tucker on "Precision Break Shots".
Now Charley. You know that something cannot be both NEW and IMPROVED. If it is NEW, then it's NEW and there is nothing to compare it to. If it is IMPROVED, then there has to be an original and it can't be NEW :D :D .

Actually, it's a good effort toward explaining the break shot. I have been reading mine for a couple of weeks now, and it has definitely improved my break. I wish Charley and Joe continued success.

Mike

chefjeff
04-08-2005, 06:18 AM
Does it deal with 8-ball, too?

Jeff Livingston

crawdaddio
04-08-2005, 06:30 AM
Does it deal with 8-ball, too?

Jeff Livingston

Yup.

~DC

dmgwalsh
04-08-2005, 06:35 AM
Here's my problem with the book. Quoting the website....."This new book is all about the Break Shot. The book is 208 pages in length. The book includes Joe Tucker's NEW & IMPROVED "Racking Secrets", in it's entirety. Plus a chapter by Joe Tucker on "Precision Break Shots".
Now Charley. You know that something cannot be both NEW and IMPROVED. If it is NEW, then it's NEW and there is nothing to compare it to. If it is IMPROVED, then there has to be an original and it can't be NEW :D :D .

Mike

New material in the racking secrets part of the book which is an improvement over the material available in the original pamphlet, perhaps? Works for me.

RunArak
04-08-2005, 11:03 AM
I have also found the Great Break Shot Book to be a very good. It is full of valuable information that players at any level could use. Charley did a really good job at putting this together. Nice guy too!

Peace,

fxskater
04-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Is there anywhere else i can order this book other than the website? I live in canada so shipping to me is generally very expensive, so i like to get 3 or so books at a time to help offset the costs.

Other books I want:
Pleasures of Small Motions
Play Your Best 9 Ball
Play Your Best 8 Ball
Bet High Kiss Low
Any other biographies.

Can anyone sell me a few of these at a good price?

jaz
04-12-2005, 05:36 AM
Thanks folks for your kind words. The GREAT Break Shot book is selling well & several dozen players have called or emailed with their stories of new found knowledge & success in their break shot. I am really fortunate to have had the idea to help lots of player's learn something about Pocket Billiard's most complex shot, the break shot.

"On the Snap folks, On the Snap"....

Charley,

I just got your book in the mail yesterday, very quick shipping. I wasn't able to test anything out yet, but did read through a good portion of the book and was very impressed with both the content and the presentation of it.

Thanks again and I'll let you know how things work out with it.

jaz