PDA

View Full Version : BCA Points List

jamesroberts
10-28-2008, 05:27 PM
I am trying to figure out what tournaments are awarded points by the bca for the upcoming year, I see on the main page of the tourneys that received points for last, but some of them are no longer running.

DRW
10-29-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm trying to figure out why the BCA, as a trade association is allowed to pick the tournaments that count for points.

jamesroberts
10-29-2008, 07:25 PM
bump for info

AzHousePro
10-29-2008, 10:11 PM
James, the tentative list for 2009 is ...

Turning Stone in Feb and Aug
The US Open
Predator 10-Ball in May

The Reno Open will most likely be a point event in 09. (08 could not be because it conflicted with Mosconi Cup)
Valley Forge will most likely be a point event
The Seminole Tour Finale is in consideration too.

Of course, events will pop up during the year and as the BCA is made aware of them they will be considered for inclusion on the list.

The reason a trade association is choosing the events is because they are the North American member of the World Pool Association.

Mike

jamesroberts
10-29-2008, 10:22 PM

The US Open
Predator 10-Ball in May

The Reno Open will most likely be a point event in 09. (08 could not be because it conflicted with Mosconi Cup)

Of course, events will pop up during the year and as the BCA is made aware of them they will be considered for inclusion on the list.

The reason a trade association is choosing the events is because they are the North American member of the World Pool Association.

Mike

i appreciate the info but it would be nice to have all this info before hand, its my understanding that these rankings affect invites to wolrld championships and seeding at other tourneys,,,
so whoever is in charge of this pick the tournaments and make it official that way there would be some credibility to the list

AzHousePro
10-29-2008, 11:59 PM
The difficulty in doing this is that dates for pool tourneys for 2009 have not all been announced (or even scheduled).

Allen Hopkins has been contacts and he has not made a decision as to what he is doing in Valley Forge. The BCA can't say that the event there will be a point event if there is not one scheduled. But when Allen decides what he wants to do, the plan is to make it a point event.

I believe the Seminole tribe is in the same position right now as far as being undecided on 2009 and what they want to do.

I know that Shannon was interested in getting his big event in November included on the points list, but it was too soon and the BCA did not believe it was fair to drop a points event on the players with such little notice. If he schedules a similar event in 09 and the BCA has enough notice then it will most likely be a points event.

As for Reno, there is a question of added money meeting the neccesary criteria to be included. But that is being discussed now.

Mike

AzHousePro
10-30-2008, 12:00 AM
One more quick note. An email is being drafted that will go to the players (as well as a public announcement) with the tentative list of 09 events.

Mike

jamesroberts
10-30-2008, 05:44 PM

The US Open
Predator 10-Ball in May

Mike

thanks for the info it is greatly appreciated.
would it be possible if the seminole tour has monthly tourneys like they did for 08 to get every tourney a bca points event?
or instead of having one 10 k added tourney a month maybe have a 20 k added tourney every 2 months?

AzHousePro
10-30-2008, 06:59 PM
If the Seminoles went with bi-monthly $20K added events, I think there would be a strong argument to make them all point events.

That would really tilt the majority of the events to the east coast. But there is nothing that can be done about that.

Mike

jamesroberts
10-30-2008, 07:21 PM
If the Seminoles went with bi-monthly $20K added events, I think there would be a strong argument to make them all point events.

That would really tilt the majority of the events to the east coast. But there is nothing that can be done about that.

Mike
i dont think the seminole tour has made a decision on how the format will be for 09, so if they thought they would have alot of leverage to get the best players in the world for every event, I would hope that would be something they would be interested in
How could we get a definite answer on the points list

AzHousePro
10-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Would Kevin be the one to talk to with the Seminoles? I would be happy to call him.

Mike

jamesroberts
10-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Would Kevin be the one to talk to with the Seminoles? I would be happy to call him.

Mike

yea give him a call. I know the seminole tour wants to really attract the very best players.
In 08 I know there were few full fields and if making them bca points events would get full, quality fields Im sure they would go for it