PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Open Rooms Selling Quick!

Bob Romano
04-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Orlando Open Rooms starting to sell ~ If you are planning to attend this event, it's time to start booking your stay. The discounted $99.00 pr night room rates are available until July 1st, 2005 then the rooms are based upon availability.

Go to www.OrlandoOpen.com for all information.

Voodoo Daddy
04-07-2005, 01:06 PM
Go to www.OrlandoOpen for all information.

Not all info...what size tables will this event be played on?

Bob Romano
04-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Play is on 7 foot DIAMOND SMART Dollar-op tables. All tables will have Aramith Super Pro and red circle cue calls. All Diamond tables have 860 Simonis cloth for the BEST in tournament play. In addition, there will be (1) Diamond 9 Foot Table for use in a ring game that Ed Hagen is putting together. I don't have that info yet.

OOPS! I will forward this to my web master immediatly!

Nostroke
04-07-2005, 01:50 PM
Play is on 7 foot DIAMOND SMART Dollar-op tables. All tables will have Aramith Super Pro and red circle cue calls. All Diamond tables have 860 Simonis cloth for the BEST in tournament play. In addition, there will be (1) Diamond 9 Foot Table for use in a ring game that Ed Hagen is putting together. I don't have that info yet.

That link doesnt work for me and IMHO, $99 seems awful high for Orlando in August. There has to be literally tens of thousands of empty rooms then, no? A year ago i paid $35 on International Drive in March!!

Voodoo Daddy
04-07-2005, 02:38 PM

Thanks... :D

Bob Romano
04-07-2005, 02:56 PM
That link doesnt work for me and IMHO, $99 seems awful high for Orlando in August. There has to be literally tens of thousands of empty rooms then, no? A year ago i paid $35 on International Drive in March!!

$99.00 During prime time Disney at one of Disney's 5 Star themed resort is unheard of. This is where the tournament is being held. July/August is Prime Time in Orlando. International Drive is quite a distance from the resort, and I would venture to say that you would not be able to find a room for $35.00 a night.

Bob Romano
04-07-2005, 02:58 PM
The link should work now www.OrlandoOpen.com

Nostroke
04-07-2005, 03:13 PM
$99.00 During prime time Disney at one of Disney's 5 Star themed resort is unheard of. This is where the tournament is being held. July/August is Prime Time in Orlando. International Drive is quite a distance from the resort, and I would venture to say that you would not be able to find a room for $35.00 a night.

OK- Sorry- Im used to thinking of Florida as a Winter Spot.
Wasn't thinking Disney/Kids/Vacation Time.

KBP
04-07-2005, 03:20 PM

If you got a room for $35 in March which is the begining of the season then you were either in a bad bad area or reallly really lucky. I know this for a fact because I have and run over 20 events in the Florida area you are talking about.
Kay

Nostroke
04-07-2005, 03:57 PM
If you got a room for $35 in March which is the begining of the season then you were either in a bad bad area or reallly really lucky. I know this for a fact because I have and run over 20 events in the Florida area you are talking about.
Kay

Go into any Denny's and get the green coupon book-there will be plenty of rooms on Int Drive and elsewhere for less than 50 bucks- here is one i found in about 3 seconds online.

From Roomsaver.com

$49.00
3/01/05 thru 4/15/05
+ Tax
1-4 per room
Click Here for Future Rates

Comfort Inn

6101 Sandlake Rd., Orlando, FL

Hwy/Exit:I-4 / 74A

Call now for reservation rates: (888) 718-1601
Minutes Universal Studios & Island Adventure; Trolley stops in front of hotel every hour; Free Newspaper Mon-Fri; Pets under 30Ibs allowed; FREE Continental Breakfast Daily; Internet Access; Restaurant Nearby; Guest Laundry; Fitness Room; Pool;
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Traveling On I-4 Exit At Exit 74 (Sand Lake Rd). Westbound Traffic Will Turn Left At The Light & Eastbound Traffic Will Turn Right Onto Sand Lake Rd. Travel 1/2 Mile To The Intersection Of Universal Blvd. Turn Left At The Light & Hotel Is On The Immediate Right.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coupon valid on a walk-in basis only. Coupon based on availability for rooms at this rate. Not valid with other discounts, during holidays or area special events. Not valid for advanced reservations unless otherwise specified by hotel. Contact hotel for details.

KBP
04-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Go into any Denny's and get the green coupon book-there will be plenty of rooms on Int Drive and elsewhere for less than 50 bucks- here is one i found in about 3 seconds online.

From Roomsaver.com

$49.00
3/01/05 thru 4/15/05
+ Tax
1-4 per room
Click Here for Future Rates

Comfort Inn

6101 Sandlake Rd., Orlando, FL

Hwy/Exit:I-4 / 74A

Call now for reservation rates: (888) 718-1601
Minutes Universal Studios & Island Adventure; Trolley stops in front of hotel every hour; Free Newspaper Mon-Fri; Pets under 30Ibs allowed; FREE Continental Breakfast Daily; Internet Access; Restaurant Nearby; Guest Laundry; Fitness Room; Pool;
Traveling On I-4 Exit At Exit 74 (Sand Lake Rd). Westbound Traffic Will Turn Left At The Light & Eastbound Traffic Will Turn Right Onto Sand Lake Rd. Travel 1/2 Mile To The Intersection Of Universal Blvd. Turn Left At The Light & Hotel Is On The Immediate Right.
Coupon valid on a walk-in basis only. Coupon based on availability for rooms at this rate. Not valid with other discounts, during holidays or area special events. Not valid for advanced reservations unless otherwise specified by hotel. Contact hotel for details.

That's great but look at the dates that it is valid too. We will be in Orlando in August and its a resort. The prices they are getting us are great for that area and that resort. August is during one of their busy months. I know there are specials all over but you have to be really careful where you stay at. Some areas are bad and I wouldn't want anyone to have problems.

KBP
04-07-2005, 04:44 PM
By the way when you get to the hotels and its the busy season the rooms are sold out quick and you can't get the special rate. They only have so many rooms available at that promotional price
Kay

JAM
04-07-2005, 05:04 PM
That's great but look at the dates that it is valid too. We will be in Orlando in August and its a resort. The prices they are getting us are great for that area and that resort. August is during one of their busy months. I know there are specials all over but you have to be really careful where you stay at. Some areas are bad and I wouldn't want anyone to have problems.

Some motels, no matter what part of the country, are unbelievably bad. I do remember, though, a bad experience I had in Florida on a Christmas Eve. Every place was booked as we drove through Gainesville, but we managed to find one hotel on the outskirts with a blinking red Vacancy sign," a welcome sight for my sore eyes.

We'd been driving for a spell, and it was late at night, raining cats and dogs. I couldn't wait to get inside the room. Feeling so fortunate to find one, we quickly paid the clerk, drove around to the side of the building, and proceeded to unload our bags. When I put the key in the lock, opened the door and turned on the lights, about 20 or 30 of the largest cockroaches I have ever seen in my life scurried across the room, as if they were running for cover. There were about four or five big ugly black ones on top of the beds covers, and a couple of them had wings. I just couldn't stay there. We got our money back and ended up driving through the night to the next town.

I've never been to the Disney in Florida, but a lady who works with me goes every single year, sometimes twice. Even though she is 75 years of age, she seems to love going to this place. She stays at a Dixie-themed place (can't remember the name), pays over $250 a night, and doesn't bat an eye. The $99 rate for the hotel at Disney in Florida is a really great rate.

JAM

frankncali
04-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Most of the time to get the discounted ROOM you have to be there first and
they always have a way of refusing. I would not want to arrive there
without a room.
$99 at a nice Disney Hotel is a pretty good price. I used to go to Disney alot but rarely had to pay. My sister worked as Dale (from Chip and Dale) and
a couple other characters. She was also Betty Boop on a Forth of July
Special on TV.

With Travel down a bit rooms have went up over the last couple years.
Heres a link that might help.

http://www.mousesavers.com/

Also do a couple searches for Disney tips and you will find some great
and $$$$ saving tips if planning on attending the sights along with the
pool event. Theres a disney newsletter put out by a fan thats very good
as well. A search should find it.

KBP
04-07-2005, 07:07 PM
Most of the time to get the discounted ROOM you have to be there first and
they always have a way of refusing. I would not want to arrive there
without a room.
$99 at a nice Disney Hotel is a pretty good price. I used to go to Disney alot but rarely had to pay. My sister worked as Dale (from Chip and Dale) and
a couple other characters. She was also Betty Boop on a Forth of July
Special on TV.

With Travel down a bit rooms have went up over the last couple years.
Heres a link that might help.

http://www.mousesavers.com/

Also do a couple searches for Disney tips and you will find some great
and $$$$ saving tips if planning on attending the sights along with the
pool event. Theres a disney newsletter put out by a fan thats very good
as well. A search should find it.

I am also understanding that you can get discounted tickets with your hotel room. Check out Edyie and Bob's website for more info on those type items. They have a great connection with a travel agency that is keeping track of things
kay

MouseTyme
04-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Hello All!

I wanted to introduce myself. I am Linda. I am the owner of Mousetyme Vacations and I am handling all your Disney World planning and am looking forward to meeting everyone.

I was invited to join and answer any questions everyone may have.
And am very excited about being here!

Linda

MouseTyme
04-08-2005, 09:28 AM
Hello again.

I wanted to let everyone know that if they are flying into Orlando for the Orlando Open, you can set up FREE round trip transfers via the Magical Express.

Booking Disney’s Magical Express service

Booking Disney’s Magical Express service with a New Reservation:
Disney’s Magical Express service can be booked with any reservation. Book by calling Group Reservations at 1-407-939-1020. Simply provide the following flight information at the time of booking or when you have your flight information (at least 10 days in advance) :

Info Needed: - All of your flight information

Documentation
Twenty-one days prior to arrival, an Airport Transportation Booklet containing general information and luggage tags (to be attached prior to leaving home) will be mailed to you,

Arriving in Orlando
You will be met by a Disney representative upon arrival at Orlando International Airport and directed to the Disney Welcome Center located on Level One/A side of the airport.

Your specially-tagged luggage will be retrieved behind the scenes and delivered to your Disney Resort room.

Returning Home
You will be notified of your motor coach pick up time the day prior to check-out. The motor coach pick up time is approximately 2¾ hours prior to flight departure.

After checking out on the day of departure, you can board motor coach transportation to the airport outside at the entrance to the Resort. Transportation is available around the clock, seven days a week, based on flight schedules.

NOTE: Guests on outbound flights with domestic service provided by American, Delta (including Song), Continental, and United (including Ted), and opting to take advantage of the remote check-in service will be able to check their luggage and obtain their boarding pass every day between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. at the Resort Airline Check-In Desk located in or near the lobby or outside at the entrance to the Disney Coronado Springs Resort.

Bob Romano
04-09-2005, 05:52 PM
JAM says it again.. Once and for all, you get what you pay for. International Drive is a good half hour to the resort, then find a place to park. Weed in the $2.30+ gas pr gallon and all the frustration of fighting the Disney gates to get in. This is an extraordinary rate for Disney ~ That's WALT DISNEY WORLD, not the Super 6. I don't know why this thread has turned into a price war. We are not talking about March we are talking about prime time August. The rates you quote are "Walk in" no reservations, so good luck walking in during prime time Orlando.

Staying at Disney you get a 5 star resort at a modest rate, along with many many discounts and perks to the parks, meal plans in/out of the parks early/late, and free transportation. Staying on International Drive you get a questionable hotel with past coverage from 20/20 news magazine disclosing the discomforts of sanitation and other issues.

The players are welcome to stay whereever they wish, this thread is about what is happening regarding the rooms at Disney, NOT at International Drive or any other part of Florida.

It is always NICE when the players support the tournament and promoters who are bringing you the event, so I hope that you all will see it as that. We are trying to make this a family experience. It is affordable for families to come and participate.

Eydie

Nostroke
04-09-2005, 06:19 PM
Look- the first post here didnt mention the hotel being IN DISNEY and that is what i replied to. I didnt know it was in Disney because your link didnt work!!$99 is a very good price for Disney.

Then KBP said that she had run tons of events around Orlando and it was impossible to get a good room cheap in Orlando in March so i proved otherwise. I stayed at the Rodeway Inn there 3 years ago for $24.99. That certainly wasnt Disney but no roaches either.

Good luck with your event. You can uncircle the wagons now.

Busy Kitty
04-12-2005, 11:31 AM
We are really looking forward to this event. We are taking the kids and my mother is coming to watch them and take them to the park while we play pool. Are there different things for adults to do without the kids?

MouseTyme
04-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Good question. There is a lot for adults to do without the kids.

Admittance into the Health Club at the Coronado Springs Resort is available to the Orlando Open attendees for no charge.

The great clubs at Pleasure Island every night. The Comedy Warehouse & the Adventurer's Club in Pleasure Island are the best places to visit. You could catch a show at Cirque de Soleil.

Take one of the tours that are for those guests 14/ 16 and older some of these book up very quickly but there is always a chance of finding a couple of spots open still or a cancellation.

Segway Tour in EPCOT,
Wild by Design, Animal Kingdom
Keys to the Kingdom, Magic Kingdom
Backstage Magic, Magic Kingdom
Hidden Treasures of World Showcase, Epcot
Disney's Dolphins in Depth, Epcot
Backstage Safari, Animal Kingdom

Much more

KBP
04-12-2005, 08:35 PM
Linda
I know we spoke of discounted park hopper passes. Can you give me an idea of the price. I am thinking of having my grandkids come down and go to the park while I work at the event. Just let me know so I will know how much they are going to cost me. ;)
Kay

MouseTyme
04-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Kay

We have a few to choose from. These tickets allow you to park hop between the 4 theme parks, plus complimentary admission to Downtown Disney Pleasure Island or DisneyQuest. Enter this link we have set up for pricing and advance purchase savings http://disneymeetings.disney.go.com/dwm/ticketpages/ticketGroupSelect?id=BCA

Linda

Johnny "V"
04-14-2005, 05:05 AM
Let me get this straight. The tourney is in the park area? I have to pay admission to the park to get to the open? If that is the case that kinda screws the locals...

BTW Eydie you may want to reword the open web site page to say that the Mickey 9 ball is for amature players. When it states "restricted ability" it sounds like an event for people that have disabilities. Also how much is the payout on the events it would be nice to see a breakdown on what the payout schedule is even if it is the minimums shown.

Just a thought

JV

MouseTyme
04-14-2005, 05:18 AM
Hello JohnnyV,

I'm sorry if we have confused you. The tornament is in the Coronado Springs resort. That is in the Walt Disney World complex. You do not need to buy tickets to the parks to play in the tournament.

If you want to visit the 4 theme parks in Disney World you would need to have tickets to enter the parks. We have them available at a great discount for the players if they decide to visit the parks.

Bob Romano
04-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Hey Johnny,

Thanks for the suggestion ~ I will make note of it and change it this weekend. I appreciate you taking the time to point this out to me.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Eydie