PDA

View Full Version : Predator warranty???

zn418
10-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Well I have a z2 shaft that I have been playing with bout 3 months now and was working on the break last night and the damn thing exploded and even cut my hand lol... It looks like the shaft busted in line with where the shaft is glued together. The shaft has never been abused it still is like new minus the blueing... What you think the odds are on getting it replaced??

blueridge
10-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Well I have a z2 shaft that I have been playing with bout 3 months now and was working on the break last night and the damn thing exploded and even cut my hand lol... It looks like the shaft busted in line with where the shaft is glued together. The shaft has never been abused it still is like new minus the blueing... What you think the odds are on getting it replaced??

I damaged my BK2 shaft several months ago while breaking. I mailed it to Predator and they replaced it, honoring their warranty. It took 'em a while but eventually they sent me a replacement. I only had to pay for the shipping.

zn418
10-29-2008, 08:59 AM
Well thats good to hear. thanks

TWOFORPOOL
10-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Predator has an outstanding warranty policy. You will have no worries with them.

ddcuerepair
10-29-2008, 09:12 AM
The Z2 was not intended for breaking.
A little comon sence would have told you that.
But if you contact Predator they will tell you what needs to be done.
Phone 1-904-448-8748 Fax 1-904-448-9151

JB Cases
10-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Why would a shaft not be strong enough to break with? Doesn't the Predator Break cue have a laminated shaft? I am not kidding here. I think if you are going to sell a shaft that you can't break with then that should be made perfectly clear.

rossaroni
10-29-2008, 09:30 AM

Even if the shaft wasn't intended for breaking, it still should never explode. I heard that the original poster has a weak break anyway.:p My car is not suppose to go 80 mph, but it doesn't blow up if I do.

Ky Boy
10-29-2008, 10:17 AM
A little common sense??? What reputable cuemaker would produce a product that would not withstand normal constraints??

And what makes the Z2 so different it would not hold up to breaking???:confused:

Gary

Poolfiend
10-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Have you tried calling them and asking?

zn418
10-29-2008, 10:36 AM
I definatley dont have an outstanding break but not to weak neither. :eek: There is no excuse for the shaft breaking, there was no WARNING THIS SHAFT IS NOT INTENDED TO BREAK WITH!!!! Thats obsurd. It shouldnt be on the market if thats the case. I have not talked to predator I will be doing that shortly.

Chest Rockwell
10-29-2008, 11:09 AM
When you call them they'll tell you to send it in with an explanation of what happened and how long you've had it, and your contact info.

I cracked my BK2 after having it for 1 year.......sent it in with an explanation......they called me back after a few days and told me they would be replacing it.........i received it a week later.....i think it took a week because i live all the way up in canada......

Predator will no doubt replace your shaft......probably get it back sooner because your closer to florida

ddcuerepair
10-29-2008, 12:13 PM
most cue makers wont even make a shaft at 11.5 or 11.75 mm for breaking.
The Z2 is 1mm smaller than the 314 that is 1/2 mm wall thikness smaller on each side of the shaft. The thin shaft wall and the shaft being hollow on the end plus 11.75 MM. So when you try to crush the cue ball something has to give. Why do you think they make the BK with a larger shaft. So it can take the punishment of the break. Call Predator and ask them if you shouls break with the Z2 shaft.
I wont make a breaking shaft under 13 MM
Everyone has an idea on what will and will not work and this shaft wont work as a breaking shaft.
Just my 2 cents.

A little common sense??? What reputable cuemaker would produce a product that would not withstand normal constraints??

And what makes the Z2 so different it would not hold up to breaking???:confused:

Gary

GordonRamsay
10-29-2008, 12:32 PM
yeah... but no warpage warranty........which exactly why my next cue will be a Viking

ddcuerepair
10-29-2008, 12:44 PM
It could be that you may have gotten a bad shaft and it happens. No matter how good your quality controll is one can get by every now and then.
But you have invested a lot of money in that shaft. Get you a cue to break with so this wont happen again.
If it had a warning lable on it most would not pay any mind to it. Just like smoking has warnings everywhere and we still do as we please.
I definatley dont have an outstanding break but not to weak neither. :eek: There is no excuse for the shaft breaking, there was no WARNING THIS SHAFT IS NOT INTENDED TO BREAK WITH!!!! Thats obsurd. It shouldnt be on the market if thats the case. I have not talked to predator I will be doing that shortly.