PDA

View Full Version : Rack reading demo for Mike T

Joe T
10-29-2008, 09:05 AM
Here ya go Mike a little rack reading with the balls tapped in. I think our conversation had a little gray area in it as we were talking about consistently making a ball. I don’t know what consistently means based on percentages but I do know with the rack reading knowledge we can increase our percentages of making a ball. Where I usually hope to find the real life value is when playing a tournament match to 7, 9 or 11 with a player or table that’s giving me somewhat similar racks is that I hope towards the end of the match I have the table and spaces figured out & I’m making a corner ball with a controlled break

The first few racks in the video are just about perfectly frozen and I try to demonstrate that by racking with one hand and filming with the other.

http://www.howcast.com/videos/64165-How-To-Read-a-Rack

The first space I leave is between the 3-10 doing you know what I hope. The 2nd space between 10-7 to make the 10 and stop the 5 by also doing you know what. I rack every rack like this in this demo.
2 3
4 10 5
6 7
I tried to shoot it all in 1 take for the skeptics, it took about 20 minutes to film and over a freakin hour to get it uploaded, format this and format that, can’t stand technical crap, I just wanna play!!!!!!!!!

Now I’m gonna go practice some 9 ball on a nice tapped in table.

Mike Templeton
10-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Here ya go Mike a little rack reading with the balls tapped in. I think our conversation had a little gray area in it as we were talking about consistently making a ball. I don?t know what consistently means based on percentages but I do know with the rack reading knowledge we can increase our percentages of making a ball. Where I usually hope to find the real life value is when playing a tournament match to 7, 9 or 11 with a player or table that?s giving me somewhat similar racks is that I hope towards the end of the match I have the table and spaces figured out & I?m making a corner ball with a controlled break

The first few racks in the video are just about perfectly frozen and I try to demonstrate that by racking with one hand and filming with the other.

http://www.howcast.com/videos/64165-How-To-Read-a-Rack

The first space I leave is between the 3-10 doing you know what I hope. The 2nd space between 10-7 to make the 10 and stop the 5 by also doing you know what. I rack every rack like this in this demo.
2 3
4 10 5
6 7
I tried to shoot it all in 1 take for the skeptics, it took about 20 minutes to film and over a freakin hour to get it uploaded, format this and format that, can?t stand technical crap, I just wanna play!!!!!!!!!

Now I?m gonna go practice some 9 ball on a nice tapped in table.
Thanks very much Joe. I'll check it out tonight at home and let you know of any questions that I have.

Again, thanks for taking the time to do this.

Mike

Black-Balled
10-29-2008, 09:19 AM
I concur! Thanks for sharing!!!

SpiderWebComm
10-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Joe you need to post a lot more. Every time you post something, I learn something.

Beware_of_Dawg
10-29-2008, 09:36 AM
you may have just added your DVD/book to my Xmas list.

ceebee
10-29-2008, 09:43 AM
It doesn't take long to see that Joe Tucker can back up his theory, with practical application. I have enjoyed learning this knowledge & it has been a real addition to my game. I am 66 years old, so I need help. I can still play pretty good, but with the Break Shot knowledge, I can add to my strengths.

I think Joe Tucker is a great guy, a very good instructor & has proven to be a designer too. His addition to Pool & Billiards will not go unnoticed.

Way to go Joe...

mr8ball
10-29-2008, 09:58 AM
I have his videos on racking and they work!! I suggest getting them if you really want to learn how to read the rack. Thanks Joe

TXsouthpaw
10-29-2008, 10:24 AM
get the dvd its worth it. thanks for the vid joe

Bigkahuna
10-29-2008, 11:06 AM
Don't buy those DVDs! I don't want anybody in my area to know about them!

Pushout
10-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Good deal, Joe!! Thanks so much!

Joe T
10-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Joe you need to post a lot more. Every time you post something, I learn something.
Thanks Dave, your posting has become pretty informative also. I love posting, getting involved especially with the video aspect (cuz just the TALK can make me crazy) and I would post more but it's all about the time, not enough hours in the day.

SpiderWebComm
10-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks Dave, your posting has become pretty informative also. I love posting, getting involved especially with the video aspect (cuz just the TALK can make me crazy) and I would post more but it's all about the time, not enough hours in the day.

Do you remember that time when you setup a scenario and had people email you the answers instead of posting them? That was fun and unique. Helps you really see what people think. I hope you do more of those as well.

Koop
10-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Do you remember that time when you setup a scenario and had people email you the answers instead of posting them? That was fun and unique. Helps you really see what people think. I hope you do more of those as well.

I completely agree.
Funny thing was, I ran into Joe shortly after that down at Twin Rivers and he explained nicely why my answer wasn't the correct one :smile:

Koop - likes the "what would you do?" threads including those by SJM.

student4ever
10-30-2008, 06:03 PM
I recommend Joe's DVD's and training books to everyone. Joe we got some things to catch up on when I get back...Lol See ya soon buddy!