PDA

View Full Version : Pool Poker and Pain

gpeezy
10-29-2008, 10:21 AM
I had a chance to speak with Blair Thein last night at the poolroom. We had some action going on and had some people there and he told me some about this. Some of you probably already know about it but its a reality tv show. Its pool, texas holdem, and MMA! I think its a hell of an idea. Check it out. There are some videos on the website where Blair explains it more.
www.poolpokerandpain.com . He told me he's also looking for potential investers if anyone is intrested.

smokeandapancak
10-30-2008, 04:20 AM
I cant watch the vid form work.

Is there any way possible for me to get in this.............?

This is my kind of all-around....

predator
10-30-2008, 05:33 AM
I think it's a mockery of pool. Pool gets very little respect as is, but with this kind of circus it would drop to an all time low.

SpiderWebComm
10-30-2008, 05:47 AM
I just checked out that promo video.

Like it or not, whoever doesn't think that'll be huge if it gets off the ground is crazy. Slivka....Hatch....dropping the 9-ball, going all-in and then trying to knock ya out?

I think pool is on life support because let's face it people.... it's incredibly boring to non-players. Nobody actually "plays" football, but it's exciting to watch. We love pool because we play it, but to the average Joe the Plumber (sorry, had to drop that one) it's the most boring thing to watch in the world.

Nothing in the world is more hype than MMA. If you don't think so, you've never watched Anderson Silva drop knees to someone's face....repeatedly.

The best way to pump-up pool is to grab on the coat-tails of sport with exponential growth and go for a ride.

Who would pay to watch Slivka or Hatch throw down after a pool or poker match??? I would. Locks.

billbOK
10-30-2008, 06:07 AM
I think it is totally bull..t !

But, I'will be curious to watch a Varner - Parica matchup ;)

Black-Balled
10-30-2008, 06:09 AM
...Who would pay to watch Slivka or Hatch throw down after a pool or poker match??? I would. Locks.

I gotta take Dennis.;)

predator
10-30-2008, 06:12 AM
I wouldn't want to see a pool pro being knocked out in a ring by some neanderthal with big muscles.

subdude1974
10-30-2008, 06:19 AM
MMA is huge right now no doubt. But this is the dumbest ****ing thing I have ever seen. Golf is far more boring to watch but has a tremendous amount of money in it. The repect people have for the game is unparalleled. To do this will only lessen the amount of respect pool players get and hurt the overall sport. Short term, maybe gain a few supporters, but over the long haul, only make pool more thug like. The aura around pool halls is bad enough without this. This is the worst thing I could think of doing to help promote the game of pool. Just my .02.

smokeandapancak
10-30-2008, 06:19 AM
I just checked out that promo video.

Like it or not, whoever doesn't think that'll be huge if it gets off the ground is crazy. Slivka....Hatch....dropping the 9-ball, going all-in and then trying to knock ya out?

I think pool is on life support because let's face it people.... it's incredibly boring to non-players. Nobody actually "plays" football, but it's exciting to watch. We love pool because we play it, but to the average Joe the Plumber (sorry, had to drop that one) it's the most boring thing to watch in the world.

Nothing in the world is more hype than MMA. If you don't think so, you've never watched Anderson Silva drop knees to someone's face....repeatedly.

The best way to pump-up pool is to grab on the coat-tails of sport with exponential growth and go for a ride.

Who would pay to watch Slivka or Hatch throw down after a pool or poker match??? I would. Locks.

Hey now.... dont go painting with that broad brush again.. some of us do play....

Joking aside I get your point.....

Now.. I have no idea if this thing will actually work or not, but I would love to see it take off..... I would damn sure go to "try out"...

SpiderWebComm
10-30-2008, 07:00 AM
I think it'd be a good match between Dennis and Jerry. Dennis obviously has the size advantage. But hey, Royce Gracie beat everyone and he was 1/2 of everyone's size. Ya never know. Everyone is always 1 punch away from a knock-out.

I like your avatar. LOL "Free Vette"

I think we should "Free Vette" and send Vette in.

http://img01.picoodle.com/img/img01/3/10/30/f_Vettem_9860eb1.jpg

gpeezy
10-30-2008, 08:33 AM
I think it's a mockery of pool. Pool gets very little respect as is, but with this kind of circus it would drop to an all time low.
In case you haven't noticed pool is a circus when it comes to matching up. I get tired of seeing tournaments on tv. Perfect shot approach, perfect position, it tends to get old. I think it will show another side of pool. It will show more chracter and thats what I love in pool. You can be the best player in the world playing in the finals in the open and not get as big an audience as the McCready playing a set for half that much.

I have to admit its a totally different angle.

SpiderWebComm
10-30-2008, 08:36 AM
In case you haven't noticed pool is a circus when it comes to matching up. I get tired of seeing tournaments on tv. Perfect shot approach, perfect position, it tends to get old. I think it will show another side of pool. It will show more chracter and thats what I love in pool. You can be the best player in the world playing in the finals in the open and not get as big an audience as the McCready playing a set for half that much.

I have to admit its a totally different angle.

It looks like your avatar is looking right at me. :) hahahaha

gpeezy
11-03-2008, 09:44 AM
She like to stare people down.