PDA

View Full Version : How does the sardo work.

Muxy
04-07-2005, 02:52 PM
As the title say how does it really work, i cant grasp the whole pushing down giving it the tightness can someone please explain this. Thanks.

Jude Rosenstock
04-07-2005, 02:58 PM
As the title say how does it really work, i cant grasp the whole pushing down giving it the tightness can someone please explain this. Thanks.

Simply put: It doesn't.

The Sardo Tight rack only "works" when a table has been properly trained. Training involves pounding divots into the cloth so deep, the balls literally have no choice but to freeze up. I'm serious. After they've hammered those little holes in the cloth for ya, you don't even need a rack, let alone a $150 contraption that does absolutely nothing more than a standard triangle.

But if you get one, let me know. I have this great deal on a bridge in downtown Manhattan.

vapoolplayer
04-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Simply put: It doesn't.

The Sardo Tight rack only "works" when a table has been properly trained. Training involves pounding divots into the cloth so deep, the balls literally have no choice but to freeze up. I'm serious. After they've hammered those little holes in the cloth for ya, you don't even need a rack, let alone a $150 contraption that does absolutely nothing more than a standard triangle.

But if you get one, let me know. I have this great deal on a bridge in downtown Manhattan.

good point, my friend has his table "set up" for a sardo. when i rack i don't even use a rack, just set the balls in place.

VAP

Bruce S. de Lis
04-07-2005, 03:06 PM
I do not understand HOW it works, but it does Work Well ;)

Rackin_Zack
04-07-2005, 03:13 PM
It was pretty funny, Jennifer Barretta was racking by setting the balls up without a rack on a couple of her matches once the tables started to rack somewhat poorly.

Another bad thing about the huge divots created by training the table is they can cause balls to roll off when rolling through the rack area slowly. Nothing like about to get perfect shape and then the cue ball rolls around a divot behind the edge of a ball...lol.

Muxy
04-07-2005, 07:37 PM
OH!!!!!!!!! ok that is how it work's it just slams the balls into the cloth, wouldn't a nice wooden oak rack to much better?

cuejoey
04-07-2005, 09:23 PM
Muxy: if you ever see one in person you would understand..basically it is a device that has springs in it..when the top of it is pressed down compressing the springs this pushes down on the balls..this then causes what other posters are describing the divits in the cloth..it might not seem like much but in a slow roll the ball can be persuaded to do slightly out of what you think it should travel.......just like the stick on spots on a table i prefer to use a dark lead pencil so i will not have any dimples/divits ect.if you ever watch a trick shot artist setting up a shot he may take a ball in hand and tap another ball into the table ..this sets the ball into the cloth...with your incentive i would not be suprised if you owned your own pool hall some day...(MUXY'S).good luck on your pool playing..

DoomCue
04-07-2005, 09:59 PM
The table training process is really all you need. The Sardo comes with a template and a dropper. The template goes where the rack goes. It has small holes in it where the balls would go (if the template weren't there). You put a drop of water in each of the holes, then tap a ball into the template hole. This is what "trains" the table - the creation of small divots. As others have said, you can use this technique without some Darth Vader contraption. The big problem is that given enough time, the small divots become big divots, and the balls won't freeze anymore. The fix for that? Buy new cloth, cause it's almost impossible to "retrain" the table. Another problem is that if a corner ball starts to go on the break with a Sardo rack, it's always going to go. Good for the breaker, not good for the game.

OldHasBeen
04-07-2005, 10:04 PM

IT DOESEN'T !!!

TY & GL

chalkisfree
04-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Does Hard Times Bellflower still make you use 'em? I was there a few years ago and I think they had one for every table.