PDA

View Full Version : Viking Gambler Cue - late 70s or early 80s

custmqs
10-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Does anybody remember (or hopefully have pictures of) a Viking "gambler" style cue from the 70s or very early 80s? I saw one in 1988 that still sticks with me to this day. It had ebony points into an BEM nose (i think) with "electric" blue, green and purple veneers. It had inlaid dice on the butt sleeve in at least one of the colors mentioned above.

It may sound gaudy but it was one of the most striking cues I have seen to date. Anyone seen one like this or know where I might be able to find pictures?

Beware_of_Dawg
10-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Thought Meucci made the gambler cue? and it was about that time. They have since made the gambler 2 and gambler 3.

Viking also make one?

custmqs
10-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Gambler style... it had inlaid dice in the butt sleeve. If memory serves they were kind of 3-D like the McDermott D-19 but I could be wrong on that.

supergreenman
10-29-2008, 03:06 PM
I don't think Viking ever made one, but......

custmqs
10-29-2008, 03:10 PM
The BB shows a couple of old Vikings with inlaid dice but neither are anything like the one I remember. Did Viking have custom shop back then?

DavidMNienow
10-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Viking has always offered custom options on all their standard cue designs, and they always done 1 off custom orders as well. The cue you saw could very well be 1 off custom. Or some custom variation of one of their old standard models. That would not suprise me at all.