PDA

View Full Version : Rules question on outside interference

jayz
10-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Could someone tell me if there is a rule covering outside interference on a player taking a shot:

If a player is down on a ball stroking his cue and about to pull the trigger (or in the process of shooting) and someone on another table (or not involved in the game) inadvertently bumps the shooter, causing the shooter to move the cue ball or object balls, what is the ruling?

JoeyA
10-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Could someone tell me if there is a rule covering outside interference on a player taking a shot:

If a player is down on a ball stroking his cue and about to pull the trigger (or in the process of shooting) and someone on another table (or not involved in the game) inadvertently bumps the shooter, causing the shooter to move the cue ball or object balls, what is the ruling?

1.9 Outside Interference
When outside interference occurs during a shot that has an effect on the outcome of that shot, the referee will restore the balls to the positions they had before the shot, and the shot will be replayed. If the interference had no effect on the shot, the referee will restore the disturbed balls and play will continue. If the balls cannot be restored to their original positions, the situation is handled like a stalemate.

JoeyA

jayz
10-29-2008, 08:27 PM
I can't seem to find anything in the BCA rules that covers this situation. I am sure it must have come up in tournaments. Strange.

When I was playing a lot in the late 60s-70s I usually mentioned to my opponent if that situation arose, we would just put the balls back the best we could and the player could shoot again. In crowded rooms with the tables close to one another, that was a circumstance that could happen. It was brutal when you were gambling and that situation happened.

craig1243
10-30-2008, 02:18 AM
when outside interferance occurs during a shot that has an effect on the outcome of that shot,the referee will restore the balls tothe positions they had before the shot.and shot will be replayed.if the interferance had no effect on shot,the referee restore the disturbed balls and play will continue..if balls cannot be restored game will be replayed.