PDA

View Full Version : Earl Strickland..... THE MACHINE!

ugotactionTX
10-29-2008, 08:27 PM
this is one of the finest examples of power nine ball I think I have seen in a long long time. This match is from a couple of years ago but man, talk about perfect nine ball. If he could only get play like this more often, he would still be on top of the world.

There is a reason that I always list Earl as probably my favorite player (skills alone) and this is a perfect illustration!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9l1GxOE5Yc

Rick S.
10-29-2008, 08:37 PM
Here is a good video.....pay close attention to Earl's Jump-Break stick. Full length cue.....

Thanks for posting!

ugotactionTX
10-29-2008, 08:42 PM
haha you little "pot stirrer"

he does make it look easy though doesn't he.

JB Cases
10-30-2008, 01:07 AM
Here is a good video.....pay close attention to Earl's Jump-Break stick. Full length cue.....

Thanks for posting!

I never said that Earl does not use a full length cue to jump. He does of course when the shot is "on" for that size cue. Then he uses the shorter one when the shot calls for that length of cue. Players like Earl know when to use which cue.

I am still waiting on your analysis of the other video I posted. I have a one hundred dollar bill in my PayPal just itching to go to the AZ Pro Player travel fund which may benefit Earl as well. All you have to do is prove that I was wrong about the cues shown in the video and Earl's use of them. It's a 40 minute match, surely you can dissect it well enough to prove your point and force me to retract my statements.

I did part of the work for you and put up a frame by frame of the section I highlighted. You want to call me delusional and a liar then prove it by providing a logical rebuttal to what seems quite obvious to myself and several others.

I don't hate Earl by the way. I dislike a lot of his actions but I admire his skills. Like a lot of folks in my generation I grew up wanting to be Earl Strickland and I copied his game. I got the temper tantrum part right but I could never get the pure shotmaking and effortless run outs down.

Fast Lenny
10-30-2008, 01:11 AM
I never said that Earl does not use a full length cue to jump. He does of course when the shot is "on" for that size cue. Then he uses the shorter one when the shot calls for that length of cue. Players like Earl know when to use which cue.

I am still waiting on your analysis of the other video I posted. I have a one hundred dollar bill in my PayPal just itching to go to the AZ Pro Player travel fund which may benefit Earl as well. All you have to do is prove that I was wrong about the cues shown in the video and Earl's use of them. It's a 40 minute match, surely you can dissect it well enough to prove your point and force me to retract my statements.

I did part of the work for you and put up a frame by frame of the section I highlighted. You want to call me delusional and a liar then prove it by providing a logical rebuttal to what seems quite obvious to myself and several others.

I don't hate Earl by the way. I dislike a lot of his actions but I admire his skills. Like a lot of folks in my generation I grew up wanting to be Earl Strickland and I copied his game. I got the temper tantrum part right but I could never get the pure shotmaking and effortless run outs down.
Here is a better video of Earl and the jump shot against Peach.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXFLJHXBXNs

JB Cases
10-30-2008, 01:48 AM
looks to me like he went to his bag to get the shorter cue to jump with in the first three minutes of the game. Not easy to tell though. I guess I need to do some sort of bio-forensic analysis to determine the cue length relative to Earl's arm and grip position when using it. Sorry I don't have time to do all that right now. Maybe someone else can provide the relational measurements to shed light on the length of the cue Earl is using to jump with.

At 32:04 Earl breaks and walks back to the chair to switch cues. He puts the short cue back and takes the longer cue to play with. So here he is using the short cue to break with.

The shot on the 8 in the previous game to get position on the nine was unreal. Then he makes 3 balls on the next break.

tigerseye
10-30-2008, 06:16 AM
this is one of the finest examples of power nine ball I think I have seen in a long long time. This match is from a couple of years ago but man, talk about perfect nine ball. If he could only get play like this more often, he would still be on top of the world.

There is a reason that I always list Earl as probably my favorite player (skills alone) and this is a perfect illustration!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9l1GxOE5Yc

That was another great example of the pearl at his best, but if you go to google video and type in hong kong challenge. You will see some of the best 9-ball i believe to be the best example....
Great video though=)